• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Teknoman said:
Done and done. Welcome back.
Thanks Tekno, totally shouldn't have forced that on you while Dork was around.

Edit: Dork theres a game up on otacon

Teknoman

Nozdeuce said:
Thanks Tekno, totally shouldn't have forced that on you while Dork was around.

:lol No prob. Just make sure you add a cool Metal Gear style comment for our clan. NeoGAF FoxUnit has a nice one.

dork said:
Where you guys at?!

edit-bluffing 2x

:lol

You guys should take some camera shots, just waiting for my headset to fully first time charge.

Sorry Blue Team for fucking up royally as Snake. That was literally the second match of MGO I've ever played and I had no clue what I was really doing. It popped up "StrikerObi" is the next Snake and my reaction was "fuck".

Trying to get better as a sniper... progress is slow.

Nozdeuce

Teknoman said:
:lol No prob. Just make sure you add a cool Metal Gear style comment for our clan. NeoGAF FoxUnit has a nice one.
They didn't originally but they wouldn't allow "bastard".
Welcome to NeoGAF's second clan, possibly the bastard child

Eagle - Headshot Master

Bee - Scanning Master

Flying Squirrel - rolls a lot

Rat - trapped a lot

Sloth - headshotted a lot

Shark - knife mastery

Crocodile - high kill count

Are there more ranks? Like FOX, or FOXHOUND?

Teknoman

StrikerObi said:
Sorry Blue Team for fucking up royally as Snake. That was literally the second match of MGO I've ever played and I had no clue what I was really doing. It popped up "StrikerObi" is the next Snake and my reaction was "fuck".

If you're Snake, you are on your own. You just have to get like 3 dog tags to win, so no worries.

EDIT: Whats this about Official Matches? Are there going to be more Kojipro matches or just a PMC clan throwdown?

Agemo_GB

Neo Member
Teknoman said:
Well hurry up and send an app. Had to reject Bajan and he might be out for revenge...

You need to get an invite into NeoGAF:FoxUnit since the first one is pretty much full. Just search for it on the list and post when you applied.
I found the clan on the Clan Search but how do I apply? I am sorry I am not well versed in the clan features...

EDIT: Never mind I applied thanks guys =)

Nozdeuce

Agemo_GB said:
I found the clan on the Clan Search but how do I apply? I am sorry I am not well versed in the clan features...
Go back and click on Join Clan, then search for NeoGAF:Fox Unit, then hit apply

Teknoman said:
If you're Snake, you are on your own. You just have to get like 3 dog tags to win, so no worries.

Ah that explains why a blue guy shot me at the end! I thought he was just pissed that I was sucking so much! Ok, that mode makes sense now. Damn I only needed one more dog tag!

That ruined city map is no good for snipers. No high ground and tons of shit to hide behind.

dork

Banned
Is their a webpage that explains the medals? I see the post above ^, but how many headshots is headshot master? And do the medals save..or is it just for that game/round?

I have the guide sitting on the floor, but I haven't opened it yet, and I don't think it explains much about multiplayer at all.

Teknoman

Can we access the community page on a PC? Im thinking about blogging some stuff and adding to my profile.

StrikerObi said:
Ah that explains why a blue guy shot me at the end! I thought he was just pissed that I was sucking so much! Ok, that mode makes sense now. Damn I only needed one more dog tag!

That ruined city map is no good for snipers. No high ground and tons of shit to hide behind.

Yup its basically like you're playing the single player game, except MK II is player controlled, and the opposing forces are player controlled.

Volcynika

StrikerObi said:

Yeah, fellow sniper here. Totally not fun to try and snipe on that map.

Sallokin

dork said:
Is their a webpage that explains the medals? I see the post above ^, but how many headshots is headshot master? And do the medals save..or is it just for that game/round?

Once you earn a title you can lose the emblem, but the title itself is always saved in your personal stats. I honestly couldn't tell you how many of a certain thing you need to earn them though. I got the bee during the beta after about 20 straight scans but I know people who had to do over 100 to get it.

Nozdeuce

Teknoman said:
Can we access the community page on a PC? Im thinking about blogging some stuff and adding to my profile.

Yup its basically like you're playing the single player game, except MK II is player controlled, and the opposing forces are player controlled.
here you go

Shouta

Best moment of the night for me is definitely whoever I got up in the tower in Groznyj Grad. They're camping it as I climb up so I toss a Stun Grenade and run up and circle the tower quickly as the effect is still on and then I shotgun the guy. :lol

duckroll

StrikerObi said:

Haha, yeah being Snake is fucking tough. I was Snake the round before that, and it was really stressful. Jeez and just when I was lucky enough to knock out 2 guys at the stairs, a third guy takes me out. :( :( :(

dork

Banned
Woohoo

Dedicated Host Champ
Host Rating Champ

lmao nothing related to gameplay :(

Ok Noz, you have knife kills champ...fuggin help me figure out how to knife. I have like 3

Nozdeuce

dork said:
Ok Noz, you have knife kills champ...fuggin help me figure out how to knife. I have like 3
uhh, hide behind stuff and stun knife when people come around. That's all I've got, Linkzg is the real CQC/Knife champ

duckroll said:
Haha, yeah being Snake is fucking tough. I was Snake the round before that, and it was really stressful. Jeez and just when I was lucky enough to knock out 2 guys at the stairs, a third guy takes me out. :( :( :(

It's tough on the 16 player rooms unless the person controlling Mk. II is good.

todahawk

Shouta said:
Best moment of the night for me is definitely whoever I got up in the tower in Groznyj Grad. They're camping it as I climb up so I toss a Stun Grenade and run up and circle the tower quickly as the effect is still on and then I shotgun the guy. :lol

great games all around tonite... i was horrible in GG but came back pretty well in UU.

Teknoman

Nozdeuce said:
uhh, hide behind stuff and stun knife when people come around. That's all I've got, Linkzg is the real CQC/Knife champ

Jak is pretty good with a knife too. He's stunned me more times than I care to talk about... same for sniping :lol

duckroll

LeoStenbuck said:
It's tough on the 16 player rooms unless the person controlling Mk. II is good.

Yeah, the room in Octacon was fucking packed. Y2kev couldn't even get in, so he ran off to the one in Rosemary and I joined him there later. It's pretty awesome that MGO has actual rooms that are selectable and viewable from a list. Really makes joining a GAF game so much easier. :D

dork

Banned
Nozdeuce said:

You have to hold L1 right? Everytime I do it, I miss, then they somehow grab me and put me to sleep :(.

I need to default my knife to second instead of pistol.

Nozdeuce

duckroll said:
Yeah, the room in Octacon was fucking packed. Y2kev couldn't even get in, so he ran off to the one in Rosemary and I joined him there later. It's pretty awesome that MGO has actual rooms that are selectable and viewable from a list. Really makes joining a GAF game so much easier. :D
No game should ever be in Otacon =/

dork said:
You have to hold L1 right? Everytime I do it, I miss, then they somehow grab me and put me to sleep :(.

I need to default my knife to second instead of pistol.
Thats what I did

duckroll

Nozdeuce said:
No game should ever be in Otacon =/

:lol

Yeah, after I joined it, I wondered why Y2kev wasn't coming in. Then I realized, there are over 900 people in Otacon, jesus. People literally CAN'T get in anymore.

carlos

good games, guys; the psn kicked me out of that last game. Gonna get back to the campaign....

Really dissappointed that the dead body glitch seems to be back from the original MGO...it's biggest flaw, and they can't get it fixed yet?!?

Oh and please, if you're lagging don't use the shotgun ;) I was waiting for a certain person to climb a ladder, he stops near the top, then suddenly he's behind me blasting me, lol.

Teknoman

Im surprised the boss servers arent getting more members.

Either way Rosemary sounds fine
Just wish she had decent advice in game besides psychological boss battle commentary, which is still pretty nice

EDIT: Nice, so thats what upload size for the images meant. You can upload em to your Community site profile.

Good games. I tried sniping a couple rounds and it just went horrible. And I somehow won a round as Snake. I think it was thanks to whoever was my Mk. II. Also holding up people is hilarious.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
While I'm totally not as terrible as when I started, I'm still not that great. :lol Having a blast though.

Shouta

carlos said:
Oh and please, if you're lagging don't use the shotgun ;) I was waiting for a certain person to climb a ladder, he stops near the top, then suddenly he's behind me blasting me, lol.

Was that on Groz Grad? I threw a Stun Grenade up then climbed up and ran around. =x

Teknoman

I need to get better at CQC as well. I can do the slams and hold ups just fine, its just the kneel submission hold I cant get down right.

dork

Banned
Teknoman said:
I need to get better at CQC as well. I can do the slams and hold ups just fine, its just the kneel submission hold I cant get down right.

I wish i knew which ones you had to unlock and which you could do right away. Can you do human shield online?

how do you do the holdup?

My next team deathmatch, I'm going to do CQC only just to practice

AWW. When i saw fox unit was up i immediatly booted up my PS3 and searched for it but i cant seem to apply. What do i need to do?

EDIT: NVM. I did i clan search under the wrong menu. I applied.

Nozdeuce

dork said:
I wish i knew which ones you had to unlock and which you could do right away. Can you do human shield online?

how do you do the holdup?
Human shield is level 1, just do a hold and hit L1.

You can try out your CQC stuff in the MGO solo training mode. I think stick-up is Snake only but im not sure

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
alltheparts here, had to reapply. like an idiot i thought `leave` in the clan page meant leave the clan menu. :lol

FatalT

Banned
Fun games tonight guys. I enjoyed running around and knifing you all. I was about to get really pissed when whoever was snake knocked me out two times in a row. I hope you know that swiveling around the left analog stick really kills your thumbs. Meanie.

Volcynika

FatalT said:
Fun games tonight guys. I enjoyed running around and knifing you all. I was about to get really pissed when whoever was snake knocked me out two times in a row. I hope you know that swiveling around the left analog stick really kills your thumbs. Meanie.

IT WAS YOU WHO I HATED SO MUCH.

Man you got me so many times. You and Knify or whoever.

Top Bottom