• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Everyone send applications into NeoGAF:FoxUnit. There's also a locked game going on over in Rosemary, called JbrShootsHeroin

dork

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Everyone send applications into NeoGAF:FoxUnit. There's also a locked game going on over in Rosemary, called JbrShootsHeroin

Edit the topic if you can. so people stop applying to you and stop asking the same question

now..back to learning the charleston

Nozdeuce

dork said:
Edit the topic if you can. so people stop applying to you and stop asking the same question

now..back to learning the charleston
I like our current Darwinistic approach, only those who truly can make Fox Unit.

dork

Banned
Gamer @ Heart said:
dammit. Why doesnt my mike work. Is there a button i have to press for voice chat?

hold select for a second or two, until it says voice chat activated on the left

Nozdeuce

typo said:
What the newest GAF MGO clan that one can join? I've been taking my sweet ass time with the singleplayer and now I'm ready to dip into MGO.
Fox unit

Ryu

I just applied for Fox Unit. Going to pick up a headset tomorrow to start playing and seriously get into it. I am Bloodwall btw (just like my XBL gamertag).

Are there any gaf games going on right now besides the locked one? If someone can give me the pass or point me to another one that would be great.

Nozdeuce

Gamer @ Heart said:
Are there any gaf games going on right now besides the locked one? If someone can give me the pass or point me to another one that would be great.
believe

Question, can i rank up playing regular matches or just matchmaking. I admit, i didnt bother to read the manual.

Edit: Is believe the name of the game? What server? I didnt see it under rosemary.

dork

Banned
Gamer @ Heart said:
Question, can i rank up playing regular matches or just matchmaking. I admit, i didnt bother to read the manual.

Edit: Is believe the name of the game? What server? I didnt see it under rosemary.

server is
jbrShootsHeroin

You rank up in any match.

Nozdeuce

Gamer @ Heart said:

Sorry, its the password, room is called JbrShootsHeroin, its on Rosemary

Teknoman

Darkpen said:
that's what I was thinking too. Last time, we had a shit load of people who only played for 30 minutes to 2 hours for the entire duration of the beta. We need a main clan that has people who are going to be playing regularly, and a casual clan with people who just want to be in one.

It should be called NeoGAF: Slowpoke Unit or something :lol

:D

slowpoke.jpeg

That was fun. I still cant believe i went on a 5 person killing spree with a pistol. My headset however did not work. It kept saying voice chat was on but i didnt hear anybody and they didnt hear me i think.

Agemo_GB

Neo Member
Yeah I had a good time playing in the room with some of the GAF folks.

my ID was Omega_GB for those of you who didn't know. It was fun!

Shearie

I'm confused on how leveling up skills work.

Do you just have to have the skill equipped in one of the slots?

Do you just have to, for example, shoot your assault rifle alot to level it up even without said skill being in your skill slot?

Or is it that you have to both have the skill equipped in one of the slots and perform the action while playing?

Nozdeuce

Shearie said:
I'm confused on how leveling up skills work.

Do you just have to have the skill equipped in one of the slots?

Do you just have to, for example, shoot your assault rifle alot to level it up even without said skill being in your skill slot?

Or is it that you have to both have the skill equipped in one of the slots and perform the action while playing?
This

GrayFoxPL

Hi guys.

I've been out of gaming gaf for the last few days as I vowed that I won't visit anything gaming before I finish it. SP MGS4 that is.

Today I'll be wraping up and jumping into MGO. Shit, I loved the Beta and can't wait to see what was changed from that time. :D

One question.

Do old Beta ID's work/are valid or do I have to register again?

Pretty sure they aren't valid but I thought I ask just in case.

Nozdeuce

Ephemeris said:
Had some great games with you guys tonight. I added a bunch of you to the clan. I'll get the rest tomorrow.
I'm totally claiming ownership of them all

peetfeet

IF any Euro Clans are created i'd be grateful if the OP was updated!? I gotta go out just now but will be back in a couple of hours for a session!

Nozdeuce

peetfeet said:
IF any Euro Clans are created i'd be grateful if the OP was updated!? I gotta go out just now but will be back in a couple of hours for a session!
It will be, don't worry.

Farnack

Banned
Teknoman said:
Nice my new headset works great.

Plantronics Explorer 222 ftw.
You said you had the MGS4 one?

Was it bad?

I can't hear crap from voices with my speakers. I guess people have to use the headset to hear them.

Teknoman

Farnack said:
You said you had the MGS4 one?

Was it bad?

I can't hear crap from voices with my speakers. I guess people have to use the headset to hear them.

The MGS4 one I had was defective or something. Static popping and static when voices would come through. This one works great though. 39.99 from Circuit City. Anyway I recommened anyone with or without a headset, to turn all voice communications (both automatic messages and voice chat) to max volume. Same for your XMB accessory volume.

Sometimes people come through clearly yet their voice is too quiet on the recieving end. That may cause you not to be able to hear people through your speakers too.

AkuMifune

Banned
Teknoman said:
I recommened anyone with or without a headset, to turn all voice communications (both automatic messages and voice chat) to max volume. Same for your XMB accessory volume.

Yeah I could barely hear anyone. And I didn't know you had to hold select to talk. Lol. Watch we all turn them up, then they patch the voice chat and we blow eachothers eardrums out. :lol

And the friends list in-game is totally different from the PSN friends, right? And there's no way to add anyone through MGO to the PSN friends list? They don't even show up on the xmb "players met" list. Blows.

Good times today guys. Think I'll make this a regular thing.

McBradders said:
So is the Euro Clan up yet?
Nope, not yet.

Did anyone buy the "MGO Extra Character Slot" or "MGO Codec Pack"? I'm curious about the prices and what the codec pack is, but unfortunately I can't login on the online store.

alba

Little is the new Big
same here, send a PM when the clan is created (i'm only on 12hours atm so can't create one ;()

ElyrionX

So I just tried this today. It's pretty awesome. CQC seems to be well-implemented and is actually a pretty useful attacking option.

One question though. There's an option to select Auto-Aim lockon in the options menu. Mine's off but what if I turn it on? Does that mean I get auto-aim? Wouldn't players with auto-aim on have a huge advantage over those who don't? That can't be the case, can it?

I have a question about skills...
Lets say I have Assault Rifles 1. Do I have to do something special to get it to level up or just use Ass. Rifles? What about Hawkeye and such? How do I level up them?

ElyrionX said:
One question though. There's an option to select Auto-Aim lockon in the options menu. Mine's off but what if I turn it on? Does that mean I get auto-aim? Wouldn't players with auto-aim on have a huge advantage over those who don't? That can't be the case, can it?
Auto-aim locks onto the torso. If you want to be successful you need to learn to aim for the head. I know some GAFers like using the auto-aim when they're using the shotgun, so it might be useful under certain conditions.

Melhisedek said:
Lets say I have Assault Rifles 1. Do I have to do something special to get it to level up or just use Ass. Rifles? What about Hawkeye and such? How do I level up them?
All you got to do is use the skills. If the skill name is highlighted in the bottom left corner, then you are using it and should be able to level it up.

ElyrionX

archnemesis said:
Auto-aim locks onto the torso. If you want to be successful you need to learn to aim for the head. I know some GAFers like using the auto-aim when they're using the shotgun, so it might be useful under certain conditions.

All you got to do is use the skills. If the skill name is highlighted in the bottom left corner, then you are using it and should be able to level it up.

WTF? You're not kidding? There really is auto-aim in this game? How does that work? Can you still use manual aim if you turn on auto-aim?

ElyrionX said:
WTF? You're not kidding? There really is auto-aim in this game? How does that work? Can you still use manual aim if you turn on auto-aim?
In the beta you could switch between them with the square button, but I haven't tried it yet in this build. Be aware though, AA is almost always a bad idea. Aim for the head instead with the manual aim.

ElyrionX

archnemesis said:
In the beta you could switch between them with the square button, but I haven't tried it yet in this build. Be aware though, AA is almost always a bad idea. Aim for the head instead with the manual aim.

I see. Thanks for the info.

SumGamer

Melhisedek said:

Just keep using it, same with hawkeye, keep using it over and over then get pissed with Assult Rifle LV2 just as I did. Turned CQC now. I wonder what do I have to do to unlock new skills, the online manual said I can.

SumGamer

Melhisedek said:

Just keep using it, same with hawkeye, keep using it over and over then get pissed with Assult Rifle LV2 just as I did. Turned CQC now. I wonder what do I have to do to unlock new skills, the online manual said I can.

Please excuse me for my ignorance, but do I have to press some button or something to use a skill or is it automatic?

My skills are "bright" or "gray". Gray if I choose another weapon and not Assault Rifle. How about running skill? You just run?

Also can I check how far am I in skill lvlup?

Once again please excuse me for my ignorance.

Melhisedek said:
Please excuse me for my ignorance, but do I have to press some button or something to use a skill or is it automatic?

My skills are "bright" or "gray". Gray if I choose another weapon and not Assault Rifle. How about running skill? You just run?

Also can I check how far am I in skill lvlup?

Once again please excuse me for my ignorance.
All skills are used automatically. Some are passive like monomania, other skills require that you have the proper weapon equipped. You can monitor your progress under personal data / skills or in between maps. I just reached lvl 2 running and all I did was having the skill equipped for like 6 hours.

Top Bottom