• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Ephemeris

Just saw a new emblem: Water bear! :lol

You get it for having a high survival rate.

Edit: So far that makes it -->

FOX HOUND A living legend
FOX The best of the best
DOBERMAN A top-class soldier
HOUND A superior soldier
WATER BEAR High Survival Rate

Indeed

Teamsneaking is broken.
If your defending all you have to do is get the ENVG as fast as possible. Then just run around the map killing off the sneaking team.
Its really that easy.

Ilparazzo

Darkflight said:
I'll be trying this tonight I think, unless I get distracted by the DOD:Source free weekend.

WaspUnit is the current EU clan right? Do you need to have played for a while first or is it just ok to join?

Team Sneaking sounds cool, I wonder how crap I'll be ;) I don't have a headset btw, my psn tag is: starlitgundan

Just join, indeed seems to be in the game all the time anyways so you'll be one of us in no time. What's your caracter's name? So I can put you on the list.

The description of those emblems doesn't really tell me how to get them, I guess a "just play and eventually you get them" attitude is necessary.

Indeed

Ilparazzo said:
Just join, indeed seems to be in the game all the time anyways so you'll be one of us in no time. What's your caracter's name? So I can put you on the list.

The description of those emblems doesn't really tell me how to get them, I guess a "just play and eventually you get them" attitude is necessary.

Well somehow I have to reach your killcount :p.

I think to get one of the coolkids emblems you have to have a certain k/d ratio, win/rounds ratio and play against higher rated players (?).

Ephemeris

Indeed said:
Teamsneaking is broken.
If your defending all you have to do is get the ENVG as fast as possible. Then just run around the map killing off the sneaking team.
Its really that easy.

Oh most definitely. Like shooting fish in the barrel. Problem is, some people sit in one place perfectly still thinking you can't see them.. despite the fact there's some goggles on my face.

Unless you play like Beat Crusader and try to be a little offensive while being stealthy, a good player with the ENVG will easily give you the business.

Ilparazzo said:

I haven't made one yet, I will do tonight after I get home, I forgot after I patched it all up the other day. I forgot it doesn't go by PSN or Game ID, I'm used to just having my gamertag used, only got my PS3 two weeks ago for MGS4, hence no headset, none of my friends have a PS3, so I wasn't really planning to go online, but this seems intriguing :lol

bovo

Thought I should post here as I've been let into the WaspUnit (thanks!)

GAF/PSN/Game/Location

bovo/bovo/bovo/UK

I planned to finish MGS4 before playing MGO, but after having withdrawal symptoms from the beta, I couldn't wait...

Not that I'm any good, but it's about the first online game I've still enjoyed even when being continuously killed :lol

Indeed

bovo said:

GAF/PSN/Game/Location

bovo/bovo/bovo/UK

I planned to finish MGS4 before playing MGO, but after having withdrawal symptoms from the beta, I couldn't wait...

Not that I'm any good, but it's about the first online game I've still enjoyed even when being continuously killed :lol

Added you on PSN. Do yourself a favor and finish mgs4 before really getting into MGO.
First ive seen some people talking about the story in some games (including me) and second you probably wont be able to get back into mgs4 as soon as you really get into mgo (me again).

Ilparazzo

bovo said:

GAF/PSN/Game/Location

bovo/bovo/bovo/UK

You have been added to the list.

Hey Noz, you should link to the list on the OP to make things easier for everyone.
Also, people you should add me to your PSN friends list, my ps3 is feeling lonely with just Indeed there, and you don't want my ps3 to be lonely do you? :(

kitty.jpg

Look at it! The kitty is sad because you won't add me!

1stStrike

Banned
I'm loving team sneak so far! It's pretty awesome. However, yea, as other said it's definitely not something you want to play with people that don't understand the stealth camo/the object of being "stealthy".

I'm really enjoying it though so I have setup a team sneak server.

rosemary, no password (for now), all team sneak all the time baby.

DunpealD

@Ilparazzo: The lonely kitten
Just applied.

@ilanna
I'm also going to add you, if you don't mind.

Anyway is somebody else in EU GAF interested in another Strategy Meeting, the first one was more or less a success. So another one of those meetings probably wouldn't be so bad. I'm going schedule it for tomorrow or Sunday, if it doesn't fit into your schedule please tell me your schedules so we can plan effectively.

Indeed

DunpealD said:
@Ilparazzo: The lonely kitten
Just applied.

@ilanna
I'm also going to add you, if you don't mind.

Anyway is somebody else in EU GAF interested in another Strategy Meeting, the first one was more or less a success. So another one of those meetings probably wouldn't be so bad. I'm going schedule it for tomorrow or Sunday, if it doesn't fit into your schedule please tell me your schedules so we can plan effectively.

Sunday would be great.

Server: Mei-Ling
Name: HappyB-DayUSA!
Password: believe

All modes, and 6 opportunities for all of you to be Snake.

It will be on a dedicated server, up for I hope a long while. Enjoy!

1stStrike

Banned
Ephemeris said:
Congrats. Tried to join your game but I couldn't due to my level :/

Been fluctuating between level 6 and 7 these past couple of days.

I had to restart the server cause it was still lvl 4+/- 2 and I'm lvl 5 now. I've been completely pwning the shit out of everyone lol.

Oh and, I can see noz whooping ass on this map. Tranq pistol ftw.

Edit: I smoke crack! Nevermind!

Indeed

By the way, what exactly does the +/- 2 or 1 oder whatever at the avg. level indicator mean?
If its "the average level is 3 plus minus 1 (2 - 4)" then why have the average level in the first place. Why not simply say "the level is 2-4".

I dont get it.

1stStrike

Banned
Indeed said:
By the way, what exactly does the +/- 2 or 1 oder whatever at the avg. level indicator mean?
If its "the average level is 3 plus minus 1 (2 - 4)" then why have the average level in the first place. Why not simply say "the level is 2-4".

I dont get it.

It's the hosts level +/- 2. So, I'm rank 5. People rank 3,4,5,6 and 7 can join my game. This keeps lowbies out and guys that are really high ranked so the game stays even.

Indeed

1stStrike said:
It's the hosts level +/- 2. So, I'm rank 5. People rank 3,4,5,6 and 7 can join my game. This keeps lowbies out and guys that are really high ranked so the game stays even.

Ahhhhhh, gotcha. Thanks =)

Guled

WasabiKing said:
Server: Mei-Ling
Name: HappyB-DayUSA!
Password: believe

All modes, and 6 opportunities for all of you to be Snake.

It will be on a dedicated server, up for I hope a long while. Enjoy!
some1 else come, playing by myself is not as fun

dazed808

About time I put my details up after playing with you lot this week.

GAF/PSN/Game/Location
dazed808/Rick808/dazed/uk
Been great fun playing with gaffers tho I nearly always get slaughtered but am slowly improving, will have to get myself a k/b as takes forever using the crappy onscreen one and my headset is shite and

Tried team sneaking for a bit, a bit weird. The sneaking team feels so underpowered. Knife 3 with CQC would be totally badass in this mode but I am no where close to having knife 3. A sleep mine option would have been nice.

Didn't really enjoy teamsneak tbh, the fact that the knife and gun are visible makes it alot harder for the team sneaking.

I know I didn't have any problems spotting the other team members when they were sneaking.

Metalmurphy said:
Didn't really enjoy teamsneak tbh, the fact that the knife and gun are visible makes it alot harder for the team sneaking.

I know I didn't have any problems spotting the other team members when they were sneaking.

Yeah, killing the other team is so easy. I was 4 for 4 all heatshots in one defense match.

Had a small bit of fun with Indeed and co last night,
I wasn't on for too long, had played with NinjaVanish for a few hours beforehand.

I think I'm getting better at it, not a huge fan of the DP system though.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
1stStrike said:
I'm loving team sneak so far! It's pretty awesome. However, yea, as other said it's definitely not something you want to play with people that don't understand the stealth camo/the object of being "stealthy".

I'm really enjoying it though so I have setup a team sneak server.

rosemary, no password (for now), all team sneak all the time baby.
That was one weak ass meltdown. I was expecting something of epic proportions what with people getting caught making you visible and what not.

2/10

1stStrike

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
That was one weak ass meltdown. I was expecting something of epic proportions what with people getting caught making you visible and what not.

2/10

lol it can be irritating at times but i've been doing pretty well so it's not too horrible..YET.

Nozdeuce

While we all appreciate people who put up servers, please do it anywhere but otacon. Thanks

Edit: I'm pulling rank, kick at least one of the non-GAF members please.

i think grenades should be banned from team Sne games. and maybe if you wanna really gimp the other team make it only pistols. i mean they can get the NVG. i really like but i always play sneaky anyway, and im not getting pounded with HS from across the map from automatic spray. so everything i could compain about before is gone.

1stStrike

Banned
playing with non-gaffers = fast games D: I enjoy it a lot more when everyone takes their time and really makes a kill count. Though, it has turned into a mad dash for the NV goggles. Whoever gets em first has the advantage.

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
playing with non-gaffers = fast games D: I enjoy it a lot more when everyone takes their time and really makes a kill count. Though, it has turned into a mad dash for the NV goggles. Whoever gets em first has the advantage.
That was really brutal, the one where we all died really fast I was hiding somewhere which wasn't immediately obvious but still gave me quick access to people who wandered by. But the random non-gaffer was just standing out in the open near me, baddie came up behind us both and i wasn't able to tranq in time

edit: so now that I've lost my eagle, what emblem should I go for? :lol

Ilparazzo said:
Ok, made my character now, Darkflight, just applied.

Nozdeuce

LAMBO said:
my application was denied
If in NA apply to FrogUnit, I'm trying to keep some space open. Be sure to include your gaf handle in your application

Ilparazzo said:
Hey Noz, you should link to the list on the OP to make things easier for everyone.
Done, right at the top. Thanks again for maintaining the list.

MiamiWesker said:
Yeah, killing the other team is so easy. I was 4 for 4 all heatshots in one defense match.
It is, unfortunately I lack any sense of stealth. And the ENVG rush/whores make it hard to hunt people down. At least for me :(

Ilparazzo

Hooray, my ps3 isn't so lonely anymore :D

Darkflight said:
Ok, made my character now, Darkflight, just applied.

You have been added to the list, so have you Ilanna (you really like foxes don't you?) and dazed as well.

EDIT: Oh my god! I'm in the OP! I'm famous! Huzzah! This is a huge breakthrough for a guy that's been in this forum about a year and before MGO got here only posted about 5 times :p

Found a new title in the community page:
TORTOISE - Often uses cardboard box

Facism

oi EURO guys, add me to your PSN friends list.

PSN: Live_Feed

Indeed already has.

and new gamemode is out!???

Nozdeuce

Ilparazzo said:
EDIT: Oh my god! I'm in the OP! I'm famous! Huzzah! This is a huge breakthrough for a guy that's been in this forum about a year and before MGO got here only posted about 5 times :p

Found a new title in the community page:
TORTOISE - Often uses cardboard box
I've been here like 2 with like 8 posts until MGO happened :lol

I must have this tortoise title

Facism

OH FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Trying to get rid of my PSN login info, i can't find anything on it. So i delete my user off the ps3, make a new one and try to sign into my PSN.

'YOU CANNOT SIGN IN WITH ANOTHER USER'S SIGN IN ID'

what do i do?? :<

Ilparazzo

Facism said:
OH FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Trying to get rid of my PSN login info, i can't find anything on it. So i delete my user off the ps3, make a new one and try to sign into my PSN.

'YOU CANNOT SIGN IN WITH ANOTHER USER'S SIGN IN ID'

what do i do?? :<

I can't understand your problem. You erased your user and now you are trying to sign in to the PSN with another user using the ID you used in the user you erased and it isn't working?

Cause if that's the issue then I do not know what to say since that worked for me.

Facism

Ilparazzo said:
I can't understand your problem. You erased your user and now you are trying to sign in to the PSN with another user using the ID you used in the user you erased and it isn't working?

gah seems to be a bug in the XMB. If you delete a user, then recreate one, instead of giving you the option to create a new PSN account, it gives you the option to sign in. Thus, using my details, i sign in, but it wont stick because i'm using a new user. You have to logout as the user then log in again for it to allow you to associate your PSN id via recovery option in the PSN id creation stuff.

I've gotten round it now. Thank fuck. Pain in the cunt to sort all this shennanigans out :<

1stStrike

Banned
noz does about as well in team sneak as i expected :p

It's really hard to find a team with enough patience for the sneaking aspect of it. Most people just gun it and run all over crazily. Sometimes that does actually work though. I've kamikaze'd a few matches and managed to win it. But it usually doesn't work out that way.

I wanna do a match with jason and shinz..i think we'd have a pretty good thing going on. It always kills me how I spend all this time sneaking up to a target and then someone gets discovered. And then I have my meltdown, noz :p

Or I meticulously set traps so that when I'm fleeing they'll run into my magazines..and instead, the nearest teammate runs into them. I'm just like..wtf D:

Overall, very fun. But how well you do is more dependent on your team in this mode than any other mode. And some people are..frustrating to play with :p

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
noz does about as well in team sneak as i expected :p

It's really hard to find a team with enough patience for the sneaking aspect of it. Most people just gun it and run all over crazily. Sometimes that does actually work though. I've kamikaze'd a few matches and managed to win it. But it usually doesn't work out that way.

I wanna do a match with jason and shinz..i think we'd have a pretty good thing going on. It always kills me how I spend all this time sneaking up to a target and then someone gets discovered. And then I have my meltdown, noz :p

Or I meticulously set traps so that when I'm fleeing they'll run into my magazines..and instead, the nearest teammate runs into them. I'm just like..wtf D:

Overall, very fun. But how well you do is more dependent on your team in this mode than any other mode. And some people are..frustrating to play with :p
Not my fault, for the most part it was someone else ahead of me getting shot, me going visible and getting slaughtered. When I did get my sneak on I'd take out my dude. I definitely have a lot of room for improvement though :lol

Darkpen

Banned
What the hell is up with you guys and making the teams unbalanced? Seriously, what the hell? I mean, some random-ass stranger doing it, okay, whatever, but when we're in the lobby? Really?

Also, the rush to the NVG is funny D:

It makes the fight so much easier. And landing hits with the tranq is so hard, yet its so satisfying when it happens.

What's really interesting is when you're on the sneaking team, is choosing what type of grenade you want to go with. I mean, if you use the smoke grenade right, it leaves your enemies wide open for tranqs. Also, I'm learning that I should really really use the cardboard box more often when I'm on the defending team. It has so many uses, and I'm not taking it into account at all.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Now that we have In-Game XMB, tracking dedicated GAF servers should be a cinch. All we have to do is a create a new XMB User/PSN ID dedicated to alert others of when your system is hosting a dedicated server. When you want to host a dedicated server just log out of your default XMB user and log in to the dedicated server XMB user. Anybody in the clans can add that ID to their PSN friend list and since the ID will only be online when a server is being hosted, we'll know how many dedicated servers are up by viewing our In-Game XMB friend list. We can use the comment section in the PSN ID profile to list the lobby the server is in and other misc info like the name of the server if it doesn't have GAF or NeoGAF in it (Big Bosses Only, HappyB-DayUSA!, etc.) or the password if its not the usual pass. We can also use the PSN ID Status to alert others if were monitoring the server.

I've gone ahead and created a PSN ID (GAF_Server_1) for the above purpose, feel free to add it to your friend list and to create your own dedicated server ID if you're planning on hosting frequently :D

Top Bottom