• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

JB1981

Man, the framerate is really poor online. It's actually detracting from my enjoyment of the game. I don't think I can play this much if the framerate is always this bad. No improvements on the beta whatsoever.

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
For curiosities sake, Has the instructor thing been added yet?

I really ought to get in on this but I guess I am kinda intimidated playing with Gaffers. I mean, I am decent at SP but I dunno how some of you can get Big Boss emblems and all that without pulling out hair :lol

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
kozmo7 said:
For curiosities sake, Has the instructor thing been added yet?

I really ought to get in on this but I guess I am kinda intimidated playing with Gaffers. I mean, I am decent at SP but I dunno how some of you can get Big Boss emblems and all that without pulling out hair :lol
Looks like no the the instructor stuff. Try playing on low average servers first, Gaf server can be pretty painful.

KGKK

Banned
Ahh the GAF server is not that bad. Just don't use them to level up.
If you play tacitly and gun it safe style, you will be fine...

Edit: whaaat, finally leveled up my CQC and Blade today to level 2, now onto level 3 which will take forever:lol

1stStrike

Banned
Hahaha..lvl 4 - 6 in one day of teamsneak. Oh god, it's awesome. I've totally found my calling.

I have found the perfect combo for this mode too..run 3 and knife 1. I'm a frigging speeding bullet and have kamikaze won so many times because of that. There'll be 3 or 4 guys in the rescue area waiting for me and I just run right into them, dodge their shots and roll in for a victory. It's awesome :p

@Noz: Yea, I had someone on my team get busted right when I was about to shock someone once and they dodged and killed me instead =\ Not every game is all sunshine and rainbows. It really does have its frustrating moments.

Also, I think I've found the perfect balance..somewhere between 10 and 12 players. No more than that. 8 is cool but it can be a bit slow. 10 is just right imo. 12 makes for a bit faster games and more opportunities to solo though (as they're distracted with the rest of your team).

I'm either bait or using my teammates as bait..it goes both ways. But yea, with run 3 and stealth I can lure people pretty effectively..I can also escape too. People will be trying to grab me from behind but I'm faster..so I just whip around and shock them.

All in all..this game mode is a winner :D

I don't dare go back to team deathmatch after this lol. My rank would probably go back down to 4 :p

Edit: By the way, what the hell do I say to people that wanna join the gaf clan? It's amazing how many people are suddenly your buddy when you're constantly finishing in the top 3 every match...

Edit edit: Apparently, I'm ranked #4 in teamsneak overall so far. I doubt I can keep that spot, but it's still pretty cool to be in the top 10 for something.

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
Edit: By the way, what the hell do I say to people that wanna join the gaf clan? It's amazing how many people are suddenly your buddy when you're constantly finishing in the top 3 every match...
Kick them to make room for a Gaffer.
no really, kick them

1stStrike

Banned
I'm taking a break so I put up a dedicated for anyone that's in the mood. Rosemary is kinda full so I set it up in Mei Ling.

It's all team sneak/sneak rotations to keep it fresh and since a lot of people are digging tsne right now as well. Anyway, enjoy. zzz

MGO name - covertshinobi
Has anyone else notice a lot bs glitches going on. Recently i've been playing against gen-snake and he seems to pull off headshots the moment I pop out. No matter how many times I shoot him in the head he gets it first. Almost makes you think they got aim bot to work on the ps3.

There was this one guy named PKY-Zapdos- whom I grabbed with cqc that managed to disappear in my grip and come back and knife me. This shit is starting to remind me of the lagswitchers from mgo1.

There was this guy who had his back turned against me yet somehow he was able to shoot me without ever turning around.

LowParry

Eh, damn WoW has pulled me back into playing. I'll start playing more this week. I heard there was some new modes added or something? What the wife told me. Something about a team sneak deathmatch or some crap? Although I have a feeling she meant Rescue but something about how one team is entirely stealthed?

LowParry

GeneralIroh said:
MGO name - covertshinobi
Has anyone else notice a lot bs glitches going on. Recently i've been playing against gen-snake and he seems to pull off headshots the moment I pop out. No matter how many times I shoot him in the head he gets it first. Almost makes you think they got aim bot to work on the ps3.

There was this one guy named PKY-Zapdos- whom I grabbed with cqc that managed to disappear in my grip and come back and knife me. This shit is starting to remind me of the lagswitchers from mgo1.

There was this guy who had his back turned against me yet somehow he was able to shoot me without ever turning around.

That sounds like lag. Just be sure the rooms you enter, that your bar is full white. If you see others who are not, and those are the ones killing you, then you'll know why. Happens me to me most of the time and it is really annoying. Especially if the host won't kick them.

Nozdeuce

CcrooK said:
Eh, damn WoW has pulled me back into playing. I'll start playing more this week. I heard there was some new modes added or something? What the wife told me. Something about a team sneak deathmatch or some crap? Although I have a feeling she meant Rescue but something about how one team is entirely stealthed?
Your wife wins. Team sneak, an entire team is equipped with the Stealth Camo item. That team only gets non-lethal weapons (but no mosin) and if anyone is spotted/shot then everyone becomes visible for 5 seconds. The opposing team gets the normal set of lethal weapons, but no handguns.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
CcrooK said:
She's correct :D

"A battle between two teams with different gear.

The sneaking team (stealth-equipped) must eliminate all enemies, or bring KEROTAN or GA-KO to their goal to win. The defending team must defeat all enemies or keep KEROTAN & GA-KO safe to win."

If one person from the sneaking team is discovered, everybody on the sneak team is visible for ~5 seconds.

It's awesome.

Nozdeuce

CcrooK said:
Wow. That mode sounds like crazy fun. I'll have to try it out tomorrow after work.
Or since she was right, she could play. Since she is clearly awesome

That's one good stealth self-quote Killthee :lol

CcrooK said:
That sounds like lag. Just be sure the rooms you enter, that your bar is full white. If you see others who are not, and those are the ones killing you, then you'll know why. Happens me to me most of the time and it is really annoying. Especially if the host won't kick them.
My bar was either white or the same as the opponent.

1stStrike

Banned
CcrooK said:
Wow. That mode sounds like crazy fun. I'll have to try it out tomorrow after work.

Oh, it is. It's addictive. Like crack. It can also be crazy frustrating too depending on your team. Just remember these five basic facts when on the sneaking team.

1. Your weapon is always visible to the enemy
2. Your shadow is visible to the enemy in the sunlight
3. They can see you clearly if they get the ENV goggles
4. Holding triangle to play dead makes your weapon invisible and in GG your breath won't show up.
5. Don't rush. Take it slow and steady and blend into the shadows as much as possible.

With that knowledge under your belt you should be able to play a pretty decent sneaking game.

LowParry

1stStrike said:
Oh, it is. It's addictive. Like crack. It can also be crazy frustrating too depending on your team. Just remember these five basic facts when on the sneaking team.

4. Holding triangle to play dead makes your weapon invisible and in GG your breath won't show up.
5. Don't rush. Take it slow and steady and blend into the shadows as much as possible.

With that knowledge under your belt you should be able to play a pretty decent sneaking game.

Sounds like I need to be a sniper with ENV goggles :D

1stStrike said:

6. You can hold people up like snake if you aim your gun while you're behind them.

1stStrike

Banned
CcrooK said:
Sounds like I need to be a sniper with ENV goggles :D

lawl i'd still own you. sitting still in tsne is just begging to be headshotted by a tranq shot. and waking yourself up will take like 3 minutes of straight analog stick mashing cause it's like half or quarter speed to wake up in this mode :p

block: good point

I watched a couple games last night before I dozed off. My conclusion is..block is great at deathmatch but no so great at playing as snake or using the stealth camo :p

and..jason lost as snake not once but twice.. D: it's the apocalypse.

Ephemeris

GeneralIroh said:
MGO name - covertshinobi

Three scenarios; the last two is lag. The first one I wanted to bring up in the game last night. Now I'm not going to say that he's cheating per se, but I did notice something about the way gen-snake was doing it. It wasn't that he was simply aiming for the head, it was the way he was doing it. Especially his "shoot you when you come around the corner" technique. After he killed me I watched his positioning and I couldn't help but notice that he's trying to position the character in a very very specific way. See, I gravely injured him when he took me out to the point where instead of standing upright the character model was hunched over. The way he constantly fiddled with it trying to make the character stay upright seemed very suspicious to me.. bah, maybe I'm over thinking it.

1stStrike said:
and..jason lost as snake not once but twice.. D: it's the apocalypse.
I've played crappy these past three days :/ Like I'm losing interest in the game or something. Usually I could jump into some Sneaking Missions and voila: return to form... but nothing of the sort. My last match against Bajan and Wesker last night was full of smooth moves and smart thinking [heavy sarcasm here] that makes me consider taking a break from MGO.

So... which one of you guys
infected me with Foxdie?
:p

Facism

good news, euroGAF.

Asda replaced my Poos3 no questions asked. Gon set it up soon and hopefully see some of you online.

SumGamer

Anybody wanna give some shotgun lesson to the beginner?
It's really hard to get past LV 1 with MGO shitty leveling system.
How can I duel anyone with automatic-rifle when I can't headshot them? I need to shoot them at least twice but they just need to headshot me. Damn.

LowParry

1stStrike said:
lawl i'd still own you. sitting still in tsne is just begging to be headshotted by a tranq shot. and waking yourself up will take like 3 minutes of straight analog stick mashing cause it's like half or quarter speed to wake up in this mode :p

Don't underestimate the sniper. Especially one who goes from point A to point B and so on...

Ephemeris said:
Three scenarios; the last two is lag. The first one I wanted to bring up in the game last night. Now I'm not going to say that he's cheating per se, but I did notice something about the way gen-snake was doing it. It wasn't that he was simply aiming for the head, it was the way he was doing it. Especially his "shoot you when you come around the corner" technique. After he killed me I watched his positioning and I couldn't help but notice that he's trying to position the character in a very very specific way. See, I gravely injured him when he took me out to the point where instead of standing upright the character model was hunched over. The way he constantly fiddled with it trying to make the character stay upright seemed very suspicious to me.. bah, maybe I'm over thinking it.

I dont know what was going, all I know is that I received an old fashion ass whooping from them. It did seem superhuman.

Team Sneak is basically the old Snake sneaking from MGS3 but with a whole squad of underpowered snakes. I do the rush to the marker thing, I am sorry but if the other team is too stupid to come up with a counter strategy then they deserve to lose that way. Once they do adapt then I go into stealth mode which is a lot of fun. Its most fun when everyone is dead and you can do stealth with no worries of someone else being seen.

Still real sneaking is my favorite, nothing beats playing as Snake. I love going against Jason when he is Snake, he is really good so it makes it such a challenge, I have to bring my A game. He leaves the tags around so I get all paranoid, I'm like stay with the tags, but then wait maybe thats what he wants us to do... :lol

Nozdeuce

You people need to start spamming me on PSN and telling me to get on. I keep playing just "one more game" in MLB The Show, last night I did that for like 5 hours. Save me GAF

1stStrike

Banned
tsne.jpg

I have a gaf server going in mei ling atm. If I get a few more people that want in I'll password it. It's all tsne of course

1stStrike

Banned
had some awesome tnse games tonight guys. it was getting really good and then MGO decided to freeze which kinda killed it =\

looking forward to tomorrow.

1stStrike said:
had some awesome tnse games tonight guys. it was getting really good and then MGO decided to freeze which kinda killed it =\

looking forward to tomorrow.

Bummer.

You were kicking my ass for 5 matches in a row. I've been playing horribly these last few days, and I can't really pin-point the reason. :<

carlos

Finally got to lvl 7; makes me wonder why I stuck with SMG's for so long. Since going back to assault rifles, my long range headshot accuracy has improved greatly...

Meanwhile neogaf is down to 8th on the clan rankings....where is everyone?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
carlos said:
Finally got to lvl 7; makes me wonder why I stuck with SMG's for so long. Since going back to assault rifles, my long range headshot accuracy has improved greatly...

Meanwhile neogaf is down to 8th on the clan rankings....where is everyone?
:lol :lol :lol

NeoGAF IS RISING FROM THE ASHES!!!!!!! NUMBER 6!!!
2cdtytx.jpg

FoxUnit is also climbing the ranks with us! Number 10!
Noz, I think it's time to send off some mail to a certain clan leader ^_^

Yes, I did play too much today and now I've gone mental.

1stStrike

Banned
BlockBastard said:
Bummer.

You were kicking my ass for 5 matches in a row. I've been playing horribly these last few days, and I can't really pin-point the reason. :<

Well, it was up and down for me. Sometimes I did really well and some matches I really didn't. I did have one pretty awesome match with joe that was completely uncoordinated though. There were two guys left. One at the target and one running around. I was waiting near the target and he was on the other side of the map by the other guy. He takes out the other guy and before the guy at the target can move to investigate I headshot him with the tranq pistol (he was in a box). Victory.

Nothing more satisfying than that in a game.

I really suck with the tranq pistol though so I much prefer getting close and just stun knifing you.

Anyway..people are fucking crazy. I go to bed, come back and someone has already bumped me down to #2 on the tsne rankings.

Nozdeuce

BlockBastard said:
So why haven't we done this yet?
Greater sense of accomplishment and competitiveness if we compete for last place? :lol

We really should revisit the merge thing

Edit: I went through the rosters of all the clans, if we're looking to make a straight up merge for a leap to a 1st place position the breakdown is as follows:
Vanilla: 16 shoutouts + me
FoxUnit: 16 people up to and including Ephemeris/Jason that would be merged
FrogUnit: 10 people up to and including Wasabi who would be merged.

I made a full list of names, if we're going to discuss it further I'll post it.

Nozdeuce said:
Greater sense of accomplishment and competitiveness if we compete for last place? :lol

We really should revisit the merge thing

Edit: I went through the rosters of all the clans, if we're looking to make a straight up merge for a leap to a 1st place position the breakdown is as follows:
Vanilla: 16 shoutouts + me
FoxUnit: 16 people up to and including Ephemeris/Jason that would be merged
FrogUnit: 10 people up to and including Wasabi who would be merged.

I made a full list of names, if we're going to discuss it further I'll post it.

I'd really love to see a merger. People who play regularly are all in different clans, so having one just makes sense in my opinion.

1stStrike

Banned
I think a merge would be in order. However, the foxunit emblem is so much better than the neogaf emblem =\

Oh and some idiots fucked me and got me dropped down to rank 5..so I have to work on getting that back. There's no gaffers online and none of my intelligent friends are on D:

And I got kicked from a game because this idiot kept asking jason how he got stealth in the game and was laying in the vent by the spawn for like 5 minutes. I tried to kick him so we could actually go back to playing and they kicked me instead. Retards ><

Oh and, I have a server up. It's in otacon atm because there's not many people online yet.

Nozdeuce

It would make things a lot easier for finding people who are on, especially since the friends list is capped at 32.

I guess the benefits of the merge would be
1. To increase position of a/the NeoGAF clan to 1st
2. Make finding the active, regular clan members easier for playing with
3. Create a more competitive group from which to draw members from for competitive clan matches

Anyone think up anymore?

Also, in a merge situation, if it's an issue I wouldn't have a problem with turning over NeoGAF leadership to either(if any) clan leader I steal.

Edit: for the new page
WasabiKing said:
Sunday 1PM PST sound good for another NeoGAF scrim?

I'll never be able to play in competitive clan matches as people would just bitch about my status bar being black(I live in Asia). All I can do is try increase the clan standing with my points. :<

Top Bottom