• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

SumGamer

Love my shotty <3.

The throw down shot is really verocious (but with a payoff obviously), against some good shotty-wielder is like instant death. However, I found that using Enable AA as soon as you get knock down, turn the camera their way and hold the aim button a few ticks later you will be locking on to them and pushings tons of lead through their body. The same trick can be use if being throw down by CQC or explosive. Being able to switch AA on and off quick enough has saved my ass so many times but I'm still getting own here and their anyway, should have picked black outfit..

Again though, if you are playing with real shotty man, wish they ran out of bullets.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
-COOLIO- said:
anyone else dying for tournament news? i am ;__;
There's info in the JP site. Looks like the JP Individual Qualifying Rounds begin Aug 3rd, Clan Qualifying Rounds begin the 10th.

Here's what I could make out of the babelfish translation:

Three rounds; Qualifying Round, Semi Final Round, & World Championship Finals at TGS

Clan Tournament Rules:
6 vs. 6
Time Limit: 7 Minutes
Rules: TDM, Base, CAP (Rotating?)
Rounds: 2
Drebin Points: On
Dedicated Host: On
Briefing Time: 15 minutes
FF: On
Unique Characters: Off
Enemy Name Tag: On
Silent Mode: Off
Auto Assign: Off
Team Switch: On
Ghost Pranks: Off
Max Level: Off
Voice Chat: On
TK Kick: On
Idle Kick: Off

Individual Tournament Rules (same rules except):
1 vs. 11
Time Limit: 5 minutes
Rule: DM
Tickets: 99
Ghost Pranks: On

Ilparazzo

Killthee said:
There's info in the JP site. Looks like the JP Individual Qualifying Rounds begin Aug 3rd, Clan Qualifying Rounds begin the 10th.

Here's what I could make out of the babelfish translation:

Three rounds; Qualifying Round, Semi Final Round, & World Championship Finals at TGS

Clan Tournament Rules:
6 vs. 6
Time Limit: 7 Minutes
Rules: TDM, Base, CAP (Rotating?)
Rounds: 2
Drebin Points: On
Dedicated Host: On
Briefing Time: 15 minutes
FF: On
Unique Characters: Off
Enemy Name Tag: On
Silent Mode: Off
Auto Assign: Off
Team Switch: On
Ghost Pranks: Off
Max Level: Off
Voice Chat: On
TK Kick: On
Idle Kick: Off

Individual Tournament Rules (same rules except):
1 vs. 11
Time Limit: 5 minutes
Rule: DM
Tickets: 99
Ghost Pranks: On

WTF is up with those rules??
Teamswitch in clan matches?Ghost pranks in DM?

Killthee

Ilparazzo said:
WTF is up with those rules??
Teamswitch in clan matches?Ghost pranks in DM?
Team switch is when you switch the spawn point/base for the team at the beginning of a new round. Ghost Pranks don't affect DM because when you run out of lives the round is over, but it's a common setting for all rules and I guess they don't mind leaving it on since the round is over when it goes into effect.

Indeed

Okay so let me get this straight.

The DM matches for the Individual Qualifying are for solo Tournament players only?
Or does every single member of my Clan team have to beat 11 other members in freaking DEATHMATCH to even get into the clan tournament?

Or do we have two seperate tournaments, individual beginng at the third and clan beginning at the tenth?

edit: Oh and seems the reward shop is down again. Getting 404ed.

Killthee

Indeed said:
Okay so let me get this straight.

The DM matches for the Individual Qualifying are for solo Tournament players only?
Or does every single member of my Clan team have to beat 11 other members in freaking DEATHMATCH to even get into the clan tournament?

Or do we have two seperate tournaments, individual beginng at the third and clan beginning at the tenth?

edit: Oh and seems the reward shop is down again. Getting 404ed.
Two separate tournaments, one for clans and one for individual players. Each tournament has its own Qualifying Round, Semi Final Round, and finally the World Championship Finals at TGS. Furthermore, the qualifying & semi final rounds will also be split by location in Japan (East and West). The West begins their Individual Tournament (Qualifying Round) on Aug 3rd and it continues till the 5th, East begins on the 7th and it ends on the 9th. West Clan Tournament begins on the 10th and it ends on the 13th, East begins on the 14th and ends on the 17th. The Semi Final Round for both the individual and the clan tournament in Japan will be held at a venue on Aug 30th in Osaka for the West and Aug 31st in Akihabara for the East. The World Championship Final is on the 11th of Oct at the Tokyo Game Show.

Indeed

Killthee said:
Two separate tournaments, one for clans and one for individual players. Each tournament has its own Qualifying Round, Semi Final Round, and finally the World Championship Finals at TGS. Furthermore, the qualifying & semi final rounds will also be split by location in Japan (East and West). The West begins their Individual Tournament (Qualifying Round) on Aug 3rd and it continues till the 5th, East begins on the 7th and it ends on the 9th. West Clan Tournament begins on the 10th and it ends on the 13th, East begins on the 14th and ends on the 17th. The Semi Final Round for both the individual and the clan tournament in Japan will be held at a venue on Aug 30th in Osaka for the West and Aug 31st in Akihabara for the East. The World Championship Final is on the 11th of Oct at the Tokyo Game Show.

Gotcha. Thanks :D

Ilparazzo

Killthee said:
Team switch is when you switch the spawn point/base for the team at the beginning of a new round. Ghost Pranks don't affect DM because when you run out of lives the round is over, but it's a common setting for all rules and I guess they don't mind leaving it on since the round is over when it goes into effect.

I thought team switch meant people changing teams :p Good going as usual killthee my man.

Indeed

Facism said:
bout to log into mgo and buy some shyte. Possibly a beret.

They start at 10k. Ill buy some barebones stuff like a black facemask and then ill save for the maroon beret (50k <.<)

Dunk#7

Does anybody else have trouble with their wireless connection? Mine works perfectly for all other online games except for MGO.

Some days it works fine. Then others I have trouble connecting to games, I get dropped out of games, and my shots will not register even when I have a sniper and I'm shooting at somebody that is standing still. haha. But seriously it is extremely frustrating.

So, does MGO struggle with wireless connections?

Ilparazzo

Can't find anything that I actually like on the shop, well I guess I'll save my reward points until they come up with a big boss overcoat.

Hooray for being the eurogaf guy with the most reward points :p

Indeed

Ilparazzo said:
Can't find anything that I actually like on the shop, well I guess I'll save my reward points until they come up with a big boss overcoat.

But not with the most gradepoints :p Booyah!

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Ilparazzo said:

I think I have like... 50!

Beat that.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
I'd hold off on shopping sprees just yet, last time the reward shop was active every item had proper camo patterns. Am I the only one not seeing them now?
I thought the snow camo pattern was really interesting...since there's no snowy maps in MGO...

Facism

problem with reward point sis that they're selling you shyte that you could have chosen at the beginning when creating your character, minus the johnny glasses and berets.

It's pretty disgusting that instead of allowing customisation from the off, you need to spend £8 on an expansion and participate in a mode that's only availabe at times where most people over the age of 18 are going out into town/meal/whatever the fuck you like to do with your nights off work. I can't do survival on fridays and i can barely make it on saturdays due to said nights out.

I've noticed the schedule for survival shows all days of the week, but with mon-wednesday greyed out. I reckon they'll open it up occasionally during the week.

Indeed

Facism said:
problem with reward point sis that they're selling you shyte that you could have chosen at the beginning when creating your character, minus the johnny glasses and berets.

It's pretty disgusting that instead of allowing customisation from the off, you need to spend £8 on an expansion and participate in a mode that's only availabe at times where most people over the age of 18 are going out into town/meal/whatever the fuck you like to do with your nights off work. I can't do survival on fridays and i can barely make it on saturdays due to said nights out.

I've noticed the schedule for survival shows all days of the week, but with mon-wednesday greyed out. I reckon they'll open it up occasionally during the week.

Agreed on everything except you couldnt get a black facemask when you created your character. I got one now :D

atomico

Facism said:

agreed.

IIRC the character creation screen says that other than voice and face/skin, you will be able to change your gear afterwards. I assumed that meant you could later switch freely between any of the the other default options available at the creation screen (with more stuff available for sale later on...)

my mistake, I guess :lol

let me buy the expansion, already konami, dammit. I need another character slot :p

Steroyd

Dunk#7 said:
Does anybody else have trouble with their wireless connection? Mine works perfectly for all other online games except for MGO.

Some days it works fine. Then others I have trouble connecting to games, I get dropped out of games, and my shots will not register even when I have a sniper and I'm shooting at somebody that is standing still. haha. But seriously it is extremely frustrating.

So, does MGO struggle with wireless connections?

I have no problems 99% of the time, I get the odd, unstable connection error here and there.

However there's people like INDEED who has major issues when we're playing survival, it's almost garunteed that he'd lose connection at some point.

Nozdeuce

Since we're listing everything, they are adding Otacon glasses. And at some point they should put the tiger strip and other print camo patterns back up for every item.

Steroyd

I think Firmwire 2.42 did something, someone on my friendlist is currently playing Metal Gear Online, rather than just MGS4:GOP!

Indeed

Steroyd said:
I have no problems 99% of the time, I get the odd, unstable connection error here and there.

However there's people like INDEED who has major issues when we're playing survival, it's almost garunteed that he'd lose connection at some point.

Dont worry bro. I got a wired connection up and running for next survival weekend =)

Facism

gj.

my net connection just got upgraded today to 10mb/512k. May try and host a server or 2 if the game lets me.

Killthee

jzwuax.jpg

That's 12 P.M. PDT, 3 P.M. EDT if I'm not mistaken.

Euro Instructors too.

jrfexs.jpg

Say's the same thing, but with different times; Aug 1st, 1:00 P.M. BST. Combat Training will only be offered in english.

Ilparazzo

Indeed said:
But not with the most gradepoints :p Booyah!

I go pff on the grade points since I didn't have your luck of always playing with an at least average team in survival, having to play with guys that just started playing in everything.

Indeed

Ilparazzo said:
I go pff on the grade points since I didn't have your luck of always playing with an at least average team in survival, having to play with guys that just started playing in everything.

Pfft GAF exclusivity or bust :D

Killthee

atomico said:
I don't think so, the shop makes no mention of the GENE Pack adding anything Instructor related and IIRC the JP servers got instructors before the expansion.

Steroyd

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!! :mad:

So i'm upgrading my Runner for 40 minutes, comeback after my PSP craps out, because the battery is too loose and lose my current progress with that (do you know how almost rrandom it is to level up stuff in FFVII: Crisis Core? :( ), 1 minute left and my connection pisses off and i'm signed out of PSN. :mad:

Do you know how hard it is to find a room where you're left alone with no bs cqc, stuns, knockouts for a solid 40 minutes!?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!

Ephemeris

Nozdeuce said:
I'd hold off on shopping sprees just yet, last time the reward shop was active every item had proper camo patterns. Am I the only one not seeing them now?
I thought the snow camo pattern was really interesting...since there's no snowy maps in MGO...

Oh yeah, I definitely noticed they were missing. Papa still needs a pair of Camo Shoes!

Killthee said:
jzwuax.jpg

That's 12 P.M. PDT, 3 P.M. EDT if I'm not mistaken.

Ah. Nice!

Indeed

Steroyd said:
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!! :mad:

So i'm upgrading my Runner for 40 minutes, comeback after my PSP craps out, because the battery is too loose and lose my current progress with that (do you know how almost rrandom it is to level up stuff in FFVII: Crisis Core? :( ), 1 minute left and my connection pisses off and i'm signed out of PSN. :mad:

Do you know how hard it is to find a room where you're left alone with no bs cqc, stuns, knockouts for a solid 40 minutes!?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!

Leveling runner doesnt really require a training server. Just level it in a normal game and youre fine.

Also, yes this sucks.

Killthee

Metalmurphy said:
Why would it be 12 P.M. PDT if it says right there on the title that's 21:00 PDT? oO
The title in the webpage says PDT, while the details say BST. The in game bulletin also says BST and makes no mention of PDT.

Steroyd

Indeed said:
Leveling runner doesnt really require a training server. Just level it in a normal game and youre fine.

Also, yes this sucks.

I know but it's taking it's sweet time to level up and taking so many slots. :mad:

Killthee

Steroyd said:
I know but it's taking it's sweet time to level up and taking so many slots. :mad:
TSNE only servers are the perfect place to lv up runner and blades. I mastered both without even trying by playing in TSNE servers.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
more tournament details from awesome dude: jim sensei

- Japanese Finalists announced on August 1st and 6th
- Modes are TDM, BASE, and CAP
- Individual Tournament is DM, five minutes
- Expansion required
- All players receive free RP for taking part in the tournament

Official website is sorta up.

http://www.konami.jp/mgo_wc2008/

I IS SO PUMPED

I think my character is bugged. I haven't been able to get a new title in AGES.

I was one of those that had the RAT title bug, they removed my title after the update but I haven't been able to get a new one since then.

Eagle and another one are still listed but I don't get the icon.

Nozdeuce

Metalmurphy said:
I think my character is bugged. I haven't been able to get a new title in AGES.

I was one of those that had the RAT title bug, they removed my title after the update but I haven't been able to get a new one since then.

Eagle and another one are still listed but I don't get the icon.
I had the bugged rat title too. After they removed rat I got my eagle back, then had none showing, then wasp, then none, now finally tortoise.

Indeed

Hound and Eagle.

Working on the Doberman =(

Too bad ive lost quite a few matches when I started MGO so ill probably never get a fox or foxhound.

Top Bottom