• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

DunpealD

Dave1988 said:
Yes! I have the expansion! Thank you so much for your help, Ilparazzo! I'm setting up a new character as we speak. Will get back with the new character details in a bit.

Congrats! I hope we're going to see you in this weeks Survival.

Dave1988

You betcha! Though I have to start lvling everything again :(. Oh well, I'll put priority on Assult rifles, Monomania and Sniper Rifles first.

Indeed

Dave1988 said:
Should I create a male or a female character? Decisions, decisions...:D

Their yells are more annoying and you have to level every skill again. Plus your current stats are petty good.

AGAINST!

Dave1988

Indeed said:
Their yells are more annoying and you have to level every skill again. Plus your current stats are petty good.

AGAINST!

Too late. Already created a female character ;p

New character name is MeiLing1988 and it will my primary character until KONAMI finally enables the shop for the rest of the world.

Btw I've noticed something...Everytime I play with you guys we generally encounter players that are either mediocre or on the same level as us. When I'm playing alone I always run into characters that are kicking my ass all the way to Kingdom Come.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Indeed said:

AGAINST!

I made a girl because I could. And because no fucker was playing on the new maps.

Steroyd

Dave1988 said:
You betcha! Though I have to start lvling everything again :(. Oh well, I'll put priority on Assult rifles, Monomania and Sniper Rifles first.

Tell me when you want to level up cqc and Scanner, I can help you up to lvl 2... or whenever I max out.

Indeed

McBradders said:
I made a girl because I could. And because no fucker was playing on the new maps.

GDF-INDEED.gif

FREAKING UNREGISTERED VERSION

Indeed

Dave1988 said:
Too late. Already created a female character ;p

New character name is MeiLing1988 and it will my primary character until KONAMI finally enables the shop for the rest of the world.

Btw I've noticed something...Everytime I play with you guys we generally encounter players that are either mediocre or on the same level as us. When I'm playing alone I always run into characters that are kicking my ass all the way to Kingdom Come.

Well then apply to the clan. Ill accept you as soon as I turn on my PS3 again :D

Facism

Got 3 kick request today because of the shotty. They don't like being put on their backs with legs spread ready for my second load.

All were clanners too. Fucking children. One guy call Tote, especially. Couldn't stop crying 'shootgon lamez skilz kik chater.'

I can see level 3 is going to be pretty spectacular.

euros stop crying over the shotgun, if I get blasted I'm aiming and shooting from the floor. Even lvl 3 isn't as bad, if I was better at assault rifle, the shotgun+ 3 guys would be crying.

Also, remember than distance plays a factor, if some idiot fires the shotgun from too far away, they're only going to nick you with buckshot. Shotgun is really a nuisance in the tunnels and ambush alley.

Indeed

atomico said:
1494mmf.gif

fixed
I think

bored at work, and just got myself "temporarily suspended" from the metal gear online shop :lol

Well youre thinking wrong mate :D. Your Gif ist he same as McBradders avatar.

Facism said:
Got 3 kick request today because of the shotty. They don't like being put on their backs with legs spread ready for my second load.

All were clanners too. Fucking children. One guy call Tote, especially. Couldn't stop crying 'shootgon lamez skilz kik chater.'

I can see level 3 is going to be pretty spectacular.

So did they buff the shotgun? I ran into two shottyguys today on MM but they were no real challange against AssaultRifles.

dazed808

trying to improve my game so did some tip searching and I'm sure most people know these things but thought i'd post them as may be useful to some....

If someone is spawn camping, while on the weapon selection screen, press Select and the weapon screen will disappear, then look around with the right stick, when you spot someone, press Select again then Start and while your invisible you should be able to line them up and take them out
Equip the cardboard box when climbing ladders to avoid getting caught out by magazines placed at the top. Also it's possible to throw grenades while climbing so you're not totally defenceless if someone is stood at the top shooting you.
In TSNE, saluting will make you almost instantly invisible even when equipped with a weapon

Indeed

dazed808 said:
Equip the cardboard box when climbing ladders to avoid getting caught out by magazines placed at the top. Also it's possible to throw grenades while climbing so you're not totally defenceless if someone is stood at the top shooting you.
In TSNE, saluting will make you almost instantly invisible even when equipped with a weapon

Didnt know that :D Nice!

Steroyd

Woohoo maxed out all my blues.

Knife, Hawkeye and Sniper are the only skills I see where I'll have to dig deep, not so much Hawkeye because I've started to use FPS mode more.

Facism

WasabiKing said:
euros stop crying over the shotgun, if I get blasted I'm aiming and shooting from the floor. Even lvl 3 isn't as bad, if I was better at assault rifle, the shotgun+ 3 guys would be crying.

Also, remember than distance plays a factor, if some idiot fires the shotgun from too far away, they're only going to nick you with buckshot. Shotgun is really a nuisance in the tunnels and ambush alley.

Not sure about the aiming from the floor business. The guys i came across last night got the second hit in before the animation allowed me to go into aim.

Which is why i'm trying to get proficient at it. I can see a lot of ragequitting from frustrated players because they get knocked to the ground with the first shot and can't retaliate before the second load is swimming in their wombs.

Ephemeris

Facism said:
Not sure about the aiming from the floor business. The guys i came across last night got the second hit in before the animation allowed me to go into aim.

Which is why i'm trying to get proficient at it. I can see a lot of ragequitting from frustrated players because they get knocked to the ground with the first shot and can't retaliate before the second load is swimming in their wombs.

I've "discovered" the shotgun pretty recently. After being on both sides of the barrel, I've gotta say it's an awesome weapon with a steep drawback: range. Its main advantage is definitely the stun affect it has; in addition to the knock-down effect. My play-style with the AK or M4 is much different that the one I employ for the shotgun.

Went a couple rounds 1 v 1 against a very capable M4-armed Nozdeuce a couple days ago. Shotgun users have a lack of range to work with and because of this must learn to be patient and stealthy. Use corners, use tight spaces. Any shotgunner that plays like they're carrying an assault rifle isn't doing it right. Shooting from a long range against an carbine-carrying opponent is silly and will get you killed (unless it's part of a lure/trap, but that's another story. Sorry Noz. ;) ).

I'm sure Wasabi can write books on the subject. :lol

Steroyd

I think it's to do more with the length of the reaction of being stunned that makes it so frustrating, stun animation needs to be cut in half.

Speaking of animation, I was in a CQC room and I kept getting grabbed after I grabbed them, and sometimes grabbed from a fair distance.

Ilparazzo

Steroyd said:
I think it's to do more with the length of the reaction of being stunned that makes it so frustrating, stun animation needs to be cut in half.

Speaking of animation, I was in a CQC room and I kept getting grabbed after I grabbed them, and sometimes grabbed from a fair distance.

Do I hear lag?

Facism said:

Well if you get shot in the back, you are fucked, no doubt about it. But I've been knocked down at close proximity, but pressed L1 almost instantly and fired back. It's usually a non-issue for me. I dunno, I get lucky facing other shottys as well, I've pissed off other shottys cause I usually catch them by surprise. This is with the 870 Custom, as well, not the 8000 DP Shotty.

xintin

Room up in Mei Ling for Non-Lethal, Narc training.
Use it for Handgun+, Sixth Sense, Shotgun+, Quaterback and Quick Recovery as well.

Regular Password.

Ilparazzo

WasabiKing said:
Well if you get shot in the back, you are fucked, no doubt about it. But I've been knocked down at close proximity, but pressed L1 almost instantly and fired back. It's usually a non-issue for me. I dunno, I get lucky facing other shottys as well, I've pissed off other shottys cause I usually catch them by surprise. This is with the 870 Custom, as well, not the 8000 DP Shotty.

In my experience, the saiga is useless as long as you can use the m870 decently.

dazed808

dazed808 said:
Equip the cardboard box when climbing ladders to avoid getting caught out by magazines placed at the top.
ok not too sure on this one looks like it depends how close the mag is to the ladder - walked thro some but been got by others??
Tho did find out the cardboard box gets rid of fire when I went on my usual kamikaze attack and set myself on fire:lol

Facism

WasabiKing said:

I don't know what to make of it, then. These were in the face shots, i could never recover quick enough to get the crosshair active. pain in the arse. Just played a few rounds with Dazed and Dave and was on the other end of shotty hell. Knock a guy down from the front (popping out of cover) and get the second shot off before the stun animation finished and run away with full hp.

Possible discrepency between regions? Or just lag?

[edit]alos came across another Wasp Unit traitor in the form of EvoGT. He cited bad management for leaving. Big words for dumping one clan for another without any word or notice. Supposed to be buddies in this thing.

Indeed

dazed808 said:
ok not too sure on this one looks like it depends how close the mag is to the ladder - walked thro some but been got by others??
Tho did find out the cardboard box gets rid of fire when I went on my usual kamikaze attack and set myself on fire:lol

Equipping your box extinquishes fire? Wow. I always rolled on the ground when i burst into flames :S

Facism said:
alos came across another Wasp Unit traitor in the form of EvoGT. He cited bad management for leaving. Big words for dumping one clan for another without any word or notice. Supposed to be buddies in this thing.

Funny, ive never seen these "traitors" online. Probably have below 20hours played anyway. Well they will come crawling back after a few Survival weekends.

dazed808

Indeed said:
Equipping your box extinquishes fire? Wow. I always rolled on the ground when i burst into flames :S

Yep did the same myself till I spazed out earlier pressing everything trying to roll and equiped the box:lol

I am taking a break. Survival mode is so great makes teamwork so effective, now to go back to fighting each other doesn't seem to appealing. I am taking a few days off, should be ready for survival round 2.

Ilparazzo

Facism said:
alos came across another Wasp Unit traitor in the form of EvoGT. He cited bad management for leaving. Big words for dumping one clan for another without any word or notice. Supposed to be buddies in this thing.

Evogt was from the time of the old beeunit, so I guess he was right about the management thing. Haven't played with him in a while too, thought he stopped playing.

Facism

Ilparazzo said:
Evogt was from the time of the old beeunit, so I guess he was right about the management thing. Haven't played with him in a while too, thought he stopped playing.

he plays for some french clan. Guess i'll appraise him of the current situation if it was a beeunit fuckup.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Imm0rt4l said:
I really wanna level up my narc skill, but it's impossible seeing as nobody auto aims. :/
Join a narc room and while you're at it lv up surveyor and quick recovery.

Top Bottom