• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Way to have good person emblems like Doberman. I have Eagle, Wasp and my current active emblem - Tortoise :D

Nozdeuce said:
I had the bugged rat title too. After they removed rat I got my eagle back, then had none showing, then wasp, then none, now finally tortoise.
Did you get the eagle right after the update that fixed the bug or did you have to work for it?

I read on a forum that I have to lower my headshot / kill ratio and get it back up again. That's gonna painful as most of my kills are HS :lol

Guess I'll just level up the Shotgun skill.

Nozdeuce

Metalmurphy said:
Did you get the eagle right after the update that fixed the bug or did you have to work for it?
Right after, but then it seemingly randomly disappeared so I tried grinding scanning for Wasp :lol

Edit: Two new news items from MGO
"PSN" Maintenance
Between the hours of 08:00-10:00 on 07/30/2008 (PDT), maitenance work will be carried out on the "PLAYSTATION Network".

The effects are as below:

1) All functions on the "PLAYSTATION Network" including the "PLAYSTATION Store" will be offline for the entire
duration of the times descried above.

We would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused.

The Reward Shop Now Open!
We would like to report that the Reward shop has been reopened as of 19:00 on 29/07/2008 (PDT)!!

We would also like to inform all customers that as a gesture for all the problems we have been experiencing over the recent weeks, each player will receive a bonus 1000 Reward Points!
Please take this chance to further customize your characters!

im stuck on level 7 for quite some time now. what does it mean anyway? i have the sloth emblem btw and i dont think ill ever get another :lol

nothing is changing anymore.

Nozdeuce

Would any NA Alpha/Beta members down for a practice sometime tonight(thursday)? Alpha definitely could use some more time working together, would people from Beta be interested in a scrim/practice? We could do glorious battle then could tear each other apart with vitriolic spew constructive criticism.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Nozdeuce said:
Would any NA Alpha/Beta members down for a practice sometime tonight(thursday)? Alpha definitely could use some more time working together, would people from Beta be interested in a scrim/practice? We could do glorious battle then could tear each other apart with vitriolic spew constructive criticism.
Count me in.

Nozdeuce said:
if I don't get into training, sure!

Nozdeuce

Excellent, so far it's me vs you two so it should be simple to work around Instructor training :lol

We really should try to get someone from Gaf in on the Instructor training

Nozdeuce said:
Excellent, so far it's me vs you two so it should be simple to work around Instructor training :lol

We really should try to get someone from Gaf in on the Instructor training
I don't know how easy it would be considering only 15 people through the entire system will get to do it first. But it will spread virally, which I think is great.

Guled

Nozdeuce said:
sure, just list the time. And why dose the instructor thing so late, even if I stay up, only 15 can get in and Im sure I won't be one of them :(

Nozdeuce

10pm est and onward? Just keep going until people start bailing/try to make it into Instructor training? I'd be more than happy to take people on by myself :lol

Guled

Nozdeuce said:
10pm est and onward? Just keep going until people start bailing/try to make it into Instructor training? I'd be more than happy to take people on by myself :lol
its at 3am est right? thats far to late for me :( if some1 here gets in then tomorrow you better train us all

Nozdeuce

Guled said:
its at 3am est right? thats far to late for me :( if some1 here gets in then tomorrow you better train us all
No, it's just at Midnight est. 2100 PST = 9 PST = 12 EST.

WasabiKing said:
I think 8 more slots, but I will probably kill some people off later. I know we're casual, but I'd like to see some activity too.
Fittingly the people you cut should be in a NeoGAF:SlackUnit with a leader who is never available to accept new people. :lol

atomico

wat?
2a5gahh.jpg

I still only the solid colors, listed. No patterns

The Otacon glasses are nowhere to be found, either.

Nor is my 1000-reward point apology...

Nozdeuce

WasabiKing said:
lol speaking of, what happened to fox unti?
VanillaGAF stole all the active people, I literally have not seen a fox member since the merger. Seen a few Frogs though

Nozdeuce

Guled said:
it says 2100 BST which is 3am EST
On the newer announcement on the community site it only lists PDT, vs a mix of BST and PDT in previous warnings
Soldiers!! Take note that there will be a special Combat Training session hosted by the KOJIMA Productions Elite Forces at 2100 hours on 31/7/2008 (PDT).
Those wishing to take part should go to the "JOHNNY" lobbywhich can be found in "TRAINING" and select "Join Combat Training".
However, also note that there are only 15 places available. Only those that are serious about training others should attend! Over and Out...

So far Konami has done most of their work/updates during work hours, with the Kojipro stuff being like just after work. It's pretty obvious they aren't so hot on working late

Facism

Indeed said:
Congrats money.

cheers. Shotty is brutal. Had a game where half the team wanted to kick me and were swearing at me because of the psychological trauma caused by buckshot in their arses.

'shotcun7' :lol

Nozdeuce

Meh, before it's showtime we should just all idle in Johnny and spam refresh, this is GAF, someone has to get in.

Indeed

Facism said:
cheers. Shotty is brutal. Had a game where half the team wanted to kick me and were swearing at me because of the psychological trauma caused by buckshot in their arses.

'shotcun7' :lol

Shotty is the nemesis of run and gun fighting. If you stay behind cover its pretty much impossible to get killed by a load of buckshot. =)

But no MGO for me today. EDEN!!!

Facism

Indeed said:
Shotty is the nemesis of run and gun fighting. If you stay behind cover its pretty much impossible to get killed by a load of buckshot. =)

But no MGO for me today. EDEN!!!

You forget the evil stuns. Cover is no friend of yours when you're blind :D Especially if i'm feeling mean and i toss all of them at you ;p

Top Bottom