• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

30 min sessions are overkill...

I will schedule a shotty lesson for tomorrow, and definitely before SURVIVAL! I think everyone will benefit from the session, and it'll be fun.

Also, side note, my USB mic seems to turn itself off now. Real odd, anyone else have this issue? The mic works fine on the PC....

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
I definitely need to get me a USB keyboard now.

Step1. create combat training room
Step2. give basic instructions then allow people to play
Step3. end game at about 25 minute mark
Step4. ramble endlessly about my day

:D

Ephemeris

I personally plan to govern by fear. I'll begin by explaining the intricacies of modern warfare, followed by a short recital and reading of two of my favorite pieces: "The Pump-Action and You" and "How to win a knife-fight against a Bear with a chainsaw".

Then I'll have them fight for about 15 minutes, kicking off whoever dies from the server until.. there is only one man standing on both red & blue.

Those two will then participate in the pre-scripted graduation ceremony where there will be an assortment of snacks and tasty beverages.

Hmm. Maybe I should go to bed.

edit: Just great. Now I can't get the snake-eater song out of my head.

Facism

Wasp unit:

I won't be available for Survival tonight because i'll be working till 9pm GMT. Tomorrow looks doubtful too.

Ilparazzo

Metalmurphy said:
It's my brothers birthday today so I probably won't make it. But I'll still try :p Just don't count on it.

Wow, your brothers birthday should be awesome then, isn't your survival like at 2 AM? That's one long-ass birthday party :lol

atomico

FWIW, Camo patterns and Otacon's glasses are up at the Reward Shop

still no 1000pts reward :(
or a friggin' way to buy the expansion. sorry. hadn't said that in a couple of pages
:lol

Ilparazzo said:
Wow, your brothers birthday should be awesome then, isn't your survival like at 2 AM? That's one long-ass birthday party :lol
Party starts at 22:00 and he doesn't live in the same house as I do :p Doubt I'll be out of there before 1AM.

panda21

i'm utterly confused by survival... what actually happens? do you need to properly sort out a team or is it easy to just jump in?? and do you get screwed if your team is shit?

Nozdeuce

panda21 said:
i'm utterly confused by survival... what actually happens? do you need to properly sort out a team or is it easy to just jump in?? and do you get screwed if your team is shit?
You go into a special lobby where instead of joining a server you join a team. Then once the team is set, the leader confirms the team entry and they are put into matchmaking and are matched up with another team. You then play a random game mode from a set list of maps/modes for that day. If you lose you only earn 50 reward points, if you win it announces how many wins you have in a row (1,2,3,4 or 5) and then gives you a 100 point reward in the increment of your streak (200 for 2 wins)

It is easy to just jump in, they have a feature akin to a quick join, you hit it and are instantly dumped into a team that has enabled people quick joining, and you play from there. If your team is bad you are screwed, and are free to bail at anytime.

panda21 said:
there are sometimes teams that form up for the hell of it, should be easy to jump in, but I always roll with the Alpha or Beta team. The server then randomly selects a team game mode, and you have to win. If you team wins, you advance to the next round with another randomly selected game. As your run up your win streak, the reward points increase exponentially. If you run your streak to 5, you get 1500 total points as a team and it comes to an end. If your team loses, you start from the bottom again. You get 50 for losing a round, and your team starts over again.

panda21

ah its nothing like it sounded from their original description.. i thought you were supposed to be fighting frog unit and geckos and stuff

tried it earlier for the first time and there were way too many people bitching and moaning about noobs and stuff (my level is low because i bought a girl... the guy moaning about me because i'm lvl 0 came at the bottom of the table... i came near the top) and crying and quitting just because they lost one game..

not trying that again in a hurry, i got my camo baseball cap and now i'm done!

played against wasp unit too, needless to say my 'team' LOST
laugh.gif
apparently you're all 'camping ######'s' according to some random mgo person i had the pleasure of playing with

Zann

Neo Member
Not sure If I'll be able to make it today. My internet provider seems to be having some kind of server outage or something. :(

News Bot

Banned
EuroGaf finished our Survival earlier. 'Twas good.

But next time, when you say you'll come, make sure you'll be able to stay. :D

Ephemeris

Guled said:
who else is in for tonight, jason you are not going to go to another team again are you :lol

Don't judge me ! :lol

Yeah I'm in.

EDIT: I'll ask Noz to make Alpha this time. Sucked that I kept going afk last week. Interesting thing to note however: every time I went away mid-battle, our team won. Let's just call that a coincidence, shall we? ¬_¬

Nozdeuce

Someone else Make Alpha, I'm really not feeling MGO today and I just suck ass when I try and force it. Sorry gang :(

Ephemeris

I'll play with some randoms for a couple minutes, see how that goes. Hopefully I get to face beta, if not, I'll just head off.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Metalmurphy said:
Ray? Why Ray? Won't we be playing against less teams?
Rex got filled too quickly last week, some late comers couldn't get in to the lobby.

Top Bottom