• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Indeed

Ill definitly be available today. 100% chance from 19 o clock. Save me a spot this time :p

And im interested in being an instructor too. Should we do it now?

DunpealD

I'll try do to a mass Graduation so I'll be probably hosting a session one hour before Survival is that ok with you Indeed?

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
DunpealD said:
Got my Graduation with Dave today so if anyone in EU GAF is also interested in getting the instructor skill just give me a holler I'll create a Combat Training session(you need at least 30 minutes to get that skill).

EDIT: So today is this weeks last Survival day, who's participating?
Can anyone do it? Or do you have to have a special skill? Or Emblem? Oh and do you need Gene expansion pack to get that skill?

DunpealD

ilanna said:
Can anyone do it? Or do you have to have a special skill? Or Emblem? Oh and do you need Gene expansion pack to get that skill?

Anyone can do it. If you want to participate feel free to join I'll host it at about 17:00 GMT. The password will be believe.

Dave1988

DunpealD said:
Anyone can do it. If you want to participate feel free to join I'll host it at about 17:00 GMT. The password will be believe.

I wonder If I'll be able to join since I'm already an instructor.

Bamihap

Good at being the bigger man
I can't seem to start a server due to "current network" settings.. or something like that.

I'm behind a router, using wifi and mac filtering. I've got no problem joining games at all.
6bs3vb

DunpealD

I hereby commence the EU NeoGAF The Combat Training session(in Campbell) of glorious Graduation. As I said before the password is believe.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Bamihap said:
I can't seem to start a server due to "current network" settings.. or something like that.

I'm behind a router, using wifi and mac filtering. I've got no problem joining games at all.
http://tinyurl.com/6bs3vb[IMG][/QUOTE]
Your ports aren't properly forwarded. You have to forward port 5730 to your PS3 on your router or you have to enable UPnP on it.

Facism

completey forgot about survival today. Sorry guys. Just got back from the gym and i've gotta eat. Hope you've got full house and are doing well :D

Indeed

Facism said:
completey forgot about survival today. Sorry guys. Just got back from the gym and i've gotta eat. Hope you've got full house and are doing well :D

We had some nices matches. Some bad ones too but who cares =).
I want you in our team next weekend though money :p!

Facism

wait wait....i don't recognise his name...

Some other people other than the actual 8 active members in Wasp are playing!!?

Scandelous!

Anyone up for some survival tonight..? I understand a lot of regulars haven't been feeling MGO lately (Admittedly, neither have I). If we can get a full team going, I'm in..

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Assembly Required said:
Anyone up for some survival tonight..? I understand a lot of regulars haven't been feeling MGO lately (Admittedly, neither have I). If we can get a full team going, I'm in..
I choose not to run!

:( Sorry, I'll do Survival next week. Also someone with some kind of a skill set should do some instructing sometime this week. Maybe more Alpha v Beta stuff too?

Killthee

Assembly Required said:
I'm in, I need more outfits X_X

Killthee said:
I'm in, I need more outfits X_X

Lol, aye. Oh, I guess I'll see ya then (next week) Noz. And great suggestion, now only to find said person.. question: Is MGO wearing off on anyone? ...I know DLC will always draw the crowd back in, but is anyone just plain losing interest? ...I feel as if I'm forcing myself to play JUST so I can play with you guys. It's fun playing with a like-minded crowd. But MGO just lacks something.. its a "somewhat" competent online shooter (Feels like I'm operating a tank at times) ...slash stealth/action uhhh.. 3rd person game. But its not remarkable at anything it does. Hell.. the whole Game ID/Konami ID/Content distribution fiasco is enough to turn people off..

I'll shut up now. I'm attempting to justify why I don't play that much. I'm still up for survival though XD

Nozdeuce

I still like it too, I've just needed a bit of a break to enjoy other stuff too. That and playing 12 hours really competitively over 3 days is pretty brutal. For all the complaints about the 4 hour window, I'm glad it's so limited.

After a long and frustrating house-moving, I should finally be able to play MGO again tomorrow night. I've missed it. :D Hopefully, I'll be able to get some games in with EU GAF.

Killthee

xintin said:
shagohod, pw = believe
edit - ADD MORE SERVERS KONAMI >:O
You coming back? We got full and I didn't know if you were coming back. I'll kick somebody if you are.

Kirby started without you bud. Post and I'll make room.

Steroyd

Ninja Kn1ght said:
After a long and frustrating house-moving, I should finally be able to play MGO again tomorrow night. I've missed it. :D Hopefully, I'll be able to get some games in with EU GAF.

You mean... we might have too many people for survival next week!?

SHOCK AND AWE.

DunpealD

Ninja Kn1ght said:

Congrats! Well since you haven't been able to play MGO I guess you don't have the Instructor skill yet, if you have interest in it just tell me and I try to schedule it and Ster if you also have interest you can join too of course.

Ilparazzo

I'm so getting a break after this week's survival, maybe more in the middle of the week I'll be back, got my soulcalibur 4 today and everything (FINALLY)

Looks like the lagswitchers are back from MGO1.....

I was in a server and found a player named Thunderkilla using the unconcsious/dead body glitch.
I got killed by some invisible guy(different from the stealth camo bug in tdm) and then it shows the kill cam where the enemy is lying on the ground no where near me.
Why havent any developers freaking solved the lag switching problems!?

Just take the extra effort to make it so people who suddenly have a lower ping than they had before get disconnected from the room.

atomico

GeneralIroh said:
I got killed by some invisible guy(different from the stealth camo bug in tdm) and then it shows the kill cam where the enemy is lying on the ground no where near me.
Why havent any developers freaking solved the lag switching problems!?

Same. I got killed by a floating M4 and knife yesterday.
twice
:lol

I thought it was a glitch on my end, most likely related to latency, since my connection is far from ideal

I quit the session shortly afterwards, nobody else mentioned anything about it while I was there, though.

atomico said:
Same. I got killed by a floating M4 and knife yesterday.
twice
:lol

I thought it was a glitch on my end, most likely related to latency, since my connection is far from ideal

I quit the session shortly afterwards, nobody else mentioned anything about it while I was there, though.

Different glitch.

"A lags switch aka Magic Switch is a Switch, connected directly to your Ethernet Cord, that safely cuts your internet connection, much like a standby button. When it is switched on, you will lag terribly which can be very useful for doing glitches like the Same Team Glitch, and for some glitches it is neccessary, because even though you lag, you will not be booted. When you flip the switch, it will look like everyone is running in place while you can move freely, but on everyone else's screen, you are the one running in place, so beware, you are sitting duck unless you flip it behind a wall and then run out. You can usually stay flipped for about 15 seconds, and then you'll be booted, so flip it back before then. "

The one I'm talking about is an actual scum tactic where a player uses a modified ethernet cord.
Its has plagued Socom and the first MGO for the ps2 for a long time.
Please don't downplay it as a small lag issue cause this is actually a problem that should have been solved a long time ago.

I couldn't even get into survival mode yesterday. :(

Its ok, Eden has me hooked. For sure sometime this week we need to get some games in guys, tomorrow or wednesday, let me know.

Playing survival with a bunch of sloths on my side is frustrating. Especially with during capture and base missions.
Sometimes I wish survival was rescue mission only.

Nozdeuce

Soooooo many clan applications...soooo many rejections. Did you people tear shit up on survival and not say anything? This is an unusual spike

I've been playing a bit of MGO since I got my internet mode and I'm digging it. How do I get to play with GAFers then? I've got the Gene expansion but no voice chat as my new router is having some teething problems and I'm stuck in NAT Type 3. My character name is freethought.

One more thing; someone mentioned forwarding port 5730 to host games. Is that TCP or UDP?

Steroyd

freethought said:
I've been playing a bit of MGO since I got my internet mode and I'm digging it. How do I get to play with GAFers then? I've got the Gene expansion but no voice chat as my new router is having some teething problems and I'm stuck in NAT Type 3. My character name is freethought.

One more thing; someone mentioned forwarding port 5730 to host games. Is that TCP or UDP?

Currently there's 3 Neogaf clans, there's some psuedo Neogaf clan, there's the beeunit where the leader went AWOL, and there's the... "active" of only 8 people Neogaf Wasp Unit clan.

Steroyd said:
Currently there's 3 Neogaf clans, there's some psuedo Neogaf clan, there's the beeunit where the leader went AWOL, and there's the... "active" of only 8 people Neogaf Wasp Unit clan.

Well, we know how that goes, don't we Steroyd. Any chance joining the Wasp unit? I kinda suck though, I've only been playing 3 or 4 days and I'm still level 1.

DunpealD

freethought said:
Well, we know how that goes, don't we Steroyd. Any chance joining the Wasp unit? I kinda suck though, I've only been playing 3 or 4 days and I'm still level 1.

Yes you can still join. If you are in need of guidance I can show you the basics in Combat Training.

Indeed

DunpealD said:
Yes you can still join. If you are in need of guidance I can show you the basics in Combat Training.

You really try to instruct as many people as possible dont you :p

freethought said:

Just apply to the WaspUnit and youre in. If you write a funny joke in the application than im even happier :D

DunpealD said:

I played a ton of MGS4 so I'm fluid in the controls (although I'm having a lot of problems with CQC) and I've mostly got to grips with the game types. I'm finding myself having problems concerning the more strategic elements; stuff like the best routes to take, likely ambush points, best skill setup and few other things. I'm still not 100% comfortable with the maps that aren't taken from the single player either.

I was having an awful bloody time in free battle, but I've started using the automatching and I've been doing better. I'm really liking it, teamwork seems to occur very organically. I still haven't had a chance to play as Snake though.

DunpealD

Indeed said:
You really try to instruct as many people as possible dont you :p

Of course, since I'm more or less the Wasp unit instructor :p

@freethought
Just having played MGS4 isn't enough since MGO is real combat. Just tell me if you have interest and when you'll have time, maybe I can match my schedule with yours.

DunpealD said:
@freethought
Just having played MGS4 isn't enough since MGO is real combat. Just tell me if you have interest and when you'll have time, maybe I can match my schedule with yours.

Yeah, I'll do it. Add me on PSN (freethought69) and we'll arrange it. Whenever you're free I can probably get on.

Top Bottom