• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FFObsessed said:
itemVT007-J1p1_1.jpg

I really want that Old Face box.
Yeah... I'm still pissed at the fact that the Europe LE will have the same fucking cover as the regular edition! Jesus Christ :(!

hirokazu

FabCam said:
Just going to say that I'm almost certain that the "surprise" that Ryan Payton was talking about is MGS1 on the store. Maybe if you buy the MGS4 game you'll get the MGS1 download for free?
That would be awesome, though I also would not mind bonus content for MGS4 instead.

KZObsessed

Seiken said:
Yeah... I'm still pissed at the fact that the Europe LE will have the same fucking cover as the regular edition! Jesus Christ :(!

I don't mind it having the same cover personally, I'm just annoyed it's the exact same package. They should have made it a steel book or a tin case or something special like that.

Also for £80 I think we should have gotten the full OST rather than just 16 tracks. Still I couldn't resist for MGS4. I don't know how many other games I'd pay £80 for... maybe FFXIII and that's it.

Laurent

Once again, here's the list of every trailers of the game, direct feed, in the highest resolution available...

METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS • TRAILERMANIA + DIRECT FEED

Trailer 1 • 2005 TGS (720p) on Gamersyde
Trailer 2 • 2006 GDC (720p) on Playscope
Trailer 3 • 2006 E3 (720p) on Gametrailers
Trailer 4 • 2006 TGS (720p) on Playscope
Trailer 5 • 2007 GDC (720p) on Gamersyde
Trailer 6 • 2007 E3 (720p) on Playscope
Trailer 7 • 2007 TGS (720p) on Gametrailers
Trailer 8 • 2008 (512 x 384 - Letterboxed) on Rapidshare
Trailer 9 • 2008 Final / Theatrical (1080p) on Impress Watch

2008 April's Fool (720p)

Stillmatic

LiquidMetal14 said:
This would be great to know. So we can congrat and know who are getting the game as we speak.

The store i pre-ordered (Gamestation, New Zealand) isn't doing a midnight launch, so they open at 9:30am, i'll be there then.

19 hours away :D

Asked this a couple pages back and it got buried, but does anyone know about how many of the MGS 4 bluetooth headsets stores are supposed to be getting? I think I might get one from Best Buy because of the price.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Laurent said:
Once again, here's the list of every trailers of the game, direct feed, in the highest resolution available...

METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS • TRAILERMANIA + DIRECT FEED

there's also the first trailer with the MGS3 assets (Raiden vs. Snake)

and alternate cuts of e3 2006 and TGS 2007.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Im confused, someone told me you can download iPod, camo and radio channels, is this already confirmed/known?

If this is true it would be awesome tbfh.

hirokazu

dabookerman said:
Wow, even the inner sleeve of the American box is just plain white. That's a shame.
Yeah, that's a let down. The PAL cover is so awesome. It just makes sense to print stuff on the inside of a clear case.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
darkressurection said:
Asked this a couple pages back and it got buried, but does anyone know about how many of the MGS 4 bluetooth headsets stores are supposed to be getting? I think I might get one from Best Buy because of the price.

Mine got like, 12.

Kagari said:
Mine got like, 12.
I am assuming that a Best Buy would probably get more than a Gamestop right? I don't think that they will sell out right away but it is nice to get some info. I guess if all else fails there is always price matching at other stores.

Darkpen

Banned
darkressurection said:
did you not see that ps3fanboy video for the headset? D:

I've really... really got to find something to do tonight, other than sit here staring at the PC monitor :lol

I might play Oblivion, or FF12. Those are two very good "time flies by" games. I've already re-beaten MGS1-3 for the ferthiteenth time...

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
The Wispy Scoundrel said:
Six hours and fifty minutes of playtime, all in one sitting. :lol
Wow, you must be pretty far by now :)

Anymore spoiler-free impressions?

Also, for people concerned about the headset here is what IGN said:
IGN.com said:
Once synced, we enjoyed a solid and clear connection to our iPhone and PS3. Though our unit's pre-production status does suggest its mic and speaker may change, so far as we can tell, they're pretty solid they way they are. We had to jack the volume up a bit via settings in the PS3 and iPhone, but once so adjusted, we were happy with the results. Incoming volume was enough to be heard over LA traffic with the windows down, and none of our connections complained about lacking quality from our mic side of things. Pelican did not, however, incorporate any noise cancelling technology in the MGS4 Headset, so it is true that if you're dealing with a lot of ambient noise, the people you're talking to will hear it as well.
http://gear.ign.com/articles/874/874501p1.html

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
darkressurection said:
I am assuming that a Best Buy would probably get more than a Gamestop right? I don't think that they will sell out right away but it is nice to get some info. I guess if all else fails there is always price matching at other stores.

I would imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom