• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Is the title screen music what counts as the main theme this time around? Pops up in many places during the game...and its really got that sombering feeling.

Right beaten it the third time.
Waiting for the credits to roll. COMOAN.

Man, the ending.. everytime :_;
This is good...Isn't it? *Wails

Teknoman said:
Is the title screen music what counts as the main theme this time around? Pops up in many places during the game...and its really got that sombering feeling.

It's Old Snakes theme.

The Metal Gear Saga music is the new "theme"

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
dabookerman said:
Right beaten it the third time.
Waiting for the credits to roll. COMOAN.

Man, the ending.. everytime :_;
This is good...Isn't it? *Wails
like a baby :'( :'(

Klone.K

Lol guys I just found a really cheap way to kill Octopus.

There's a room with only 1 door leading into it and contains several bookshelves. Hide behind the boxes on the left side using octacamo to duck so your head is just below the top. When she comes by she will take shots at you but only a few of them will actually hit. After that she'll keep on going around the laboratory. While you're crouched like that your health will regenerate quickly and within a few seconds you'll be full health again. Then when she hides go and find her. Have a few C4's ready. Plant one beside her but don't detonate it yet. Run back to your hiding spot hbehind the boxes and then give her a blast.

Rinse and repeat, your health well continually stay unscathed because you're resting and if she goes into a ball you can climb on the boxes right beside you. Also her small projectiles will get stuck on the wall so they won't hit you either.

:D

____

Only question I need answered (sorry if its been answered already), but:

How does Raiden now have a body? Before MGS4 came out, all I heard was all he is is a head and spine, but during the game...he mentioned "my body is a machine"... but thru the end, he has a fully human body (with a barcode on his shoulder like in MGS2) even though it looks like it was made up of other peoples parts (a la big boss?)

Either way...I don't get it.

Cronen

Tiduz said:
Question about the beauty bosses:
Can i shoot them with a normal gun 1st time and then 2nd time with tranq gun to unlock you know what?

Or only with the Tranq gun 2 times around?

What you said first.

Firewire

Banned
Y2Kev said:
I didn't die during the bosses either. The only boss fight I didn't love was the
Raging Raven
fight...it just wasn't as creative as the other ones. The other ones all have a really special twist. :)

I only got close to the end of act 1, and it was 2:30 AM so I had to quit. I'm just in awe though, because it seems from what people are posting that the bosses are rather hard to beat.

Good job on beating the bosses without getting killed, somehow I know I won't be as fortunate!

Zophar

jjasper said:
I don't know if has been posted here but it did 300k on day one in Japan.
That pretty much confirms 1 million sales in the first week then, counting in the US and PAL regions. Most excellent.

Fallout-NL said:
Was that a Fallout reference in the intro? 'War has changed'. Anyway, I read it as such, awesome :p.
Yeah, I couldn't stop thinking "Fallout" while watching it.

Is war changing or not you mofos? Make up your damn mind :lol

Firewire

Banned
jjasper said:
I don't know if has been posted here but it did 300k on day one in Japan.

I'd say it must of got really close or maybe actually beat 1 million on day 1. I don't think its a stretch to assume N.A. and Europe made up the 700,000 difference, is it?

Anyways good job by Kojima, regardless of sales!

Scarecrow

I have two questions I need cleared up real quick. So far, I JUST started Act

Why does Liquid need Big Boss's body again? I missed the exact reason in one of the briefings. I think it has something to do with hacking in to the System, but I don't understand why he needs Big B's dna.

I defeated Laughing Octopus, and am able to use her face as a mask. What exactly is it used for?

Tom Penny

The game is pretty good so far. I'm only in act 1. The presentation is incredible. As far as gameplay goes I don't think it's the best thing since sliced bread but i'm enjoying it.

Did I miss a scene something, or does
Mei Ling not even acknowledge Snake until the Act 5 briefing? I liked seeing Naomi and Meryl's reactions upon meeting him again, but I didn't see Mei Ling say anything to him until she laid her hand on his shoulder before Act 5
. I just thought that was weird, I might have missed a scene or skipped one accidentally.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
question about the LE:

the back of the box mentions ennio moriccone as one of the soundtrack artists, but my cd doesn't have him on any of the track artists. what do they mean? did they use an old song of his from one of his westerns?

can you get stuff super discounted if you play the
last chapter
on a wed or sunday. i just wonder if it all stacks. makes getting the million dollar musket a bit easier to get. i think ill do a drebin run and get like a 1000 kills.

Chiggs

Gold Member
dark steve said:
So have the fans recognized how ridiculous the ending is, or is it going to take some time to sink in?

I haven't beaten it yet, but one of my friends was bitching about it, which, strangely enough, makes me even more excited to see it.

kuYuri

So, I've been wondering... are the haven troopers human or what? They move like robots or cyborgs and their bodies dissolve after dying, yet you can hold them up, which makes me think they feel fear of death, an unusual characteristic for something robotic.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I've just gotten to act 2, and (I guess this might be a spoiler?)
The silencers are missing off my two pistols. Is there some way to put them back on?

Yasser

just bought one of the mgs4 t-shirts from uniqlo on the way home from work, a heads to people looking to order it online: the sizes are bigger than you would expect. i usually buy medium but it's huge, had to get small

eLGee

sykoex said:
The 1up video review spoiled it for me so when I got there I immediately knew what to do. =/
Use Night Vision

edit: beaten.

Huh, that would've been alot easier.
I just looked at the Solid Eye's radar when she said anything, and used that as an indicator.

Teknoman

mattiewheels said:
question about the LE:

the back of the box mentions ennio moriccone as one of the soundtrack artists, but my cd doesn't have him on any of the track artists. what do they mean? did they use an old song of his from one of his westerns?

Maybe something we'll download in the extras soon?

Also anyone else use MK II to scope things out, then sneak around? Thats what im doing. Also dot sight sucks unless im not using it right.

AmMortal

Banned
I have returned brethren.

This game was everything i expected it to be and more, seriously a game to remember for the rest of my life probably.

____

FlyinJ said:
I've just gotten to act 2, and (I guess this might be a spoiler?)
The silencers are missing off my two pistols. Is there some way to put them back on?

They eventually
deteriorate.

You just have to purchase a new one.

Ok, completed the game in 5 hours 45 minutes.

HOW THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO IT ON THE BOSS EXTREME :_:???

I got Wolf rank, got my
Stealth Camo

But I forgot to buy my fancy weapon >:x would of got it for half price, bum face.

Firewire

Banned
Wonderdog said:
Just got my gunmetal grey PS3. Kinda ticked, though. Paid for overnight shipping and Konami shipped it 2nd Day Air. Refund rage!!!!

Just set it up & play the game. All you're anger will vanish within minutes!

harSon

Banned
dabookerman said:
Ok, completed the game in 5 hours 45 minutes.

HOW THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO IT ON THE BOSS EXTREME :_:???

I got Wold rank, got my
Stealth Camo

But I forgot to buy my fancy weapon >:x would of got it for half price, bum face.

Do you mean 15 hours 45 minutes o_O?

Shouta

Well, I'm midway through Act 3 and I have like 12 hours logged in. Thing is, I've been playing on Hard. The game's been pretty challenging so far. I even Tranq'd the first boss lol.

Maaseru

Banned
Best gaming experience ever. It feels like when i saw the ending of MGS3, but It feels like that all the time. This game is AMAzing, everything seems to be going in the right direction and everyone from the series either appears or is mentioned, even Johnny( he has to be the naked soldier from MGS that keeps going to the bathroom. I dont know if he appeared on 2):D :D :D :D

I'm beginning Act 3 later today...

JAw will be on the floor all day.EVery cut-scene leaves me awed.

Now I remember why MGS is the best series ever(at least for me, I just hope FFXIII can be as great)

P.S. What's with Vamp chest hair, wtf, lol. I suppose he is a changed man at feels bad about cutting his chest in 2.

Idioteque

Just finished it. Man, what a game. Completely lived up to my high expections. Now that the solid series is over, I look forward to seeing how future Metal Gear games will go from here.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
For the Octopus battle, I just used the threat ring. Crouch and it will appear.

Nobody is using the threat ring. :D

dark steve said:
So have the fans recognized how ridiculous the ending is, or is it going to take some time to sink in?

Big fan of the series here, and TOTALLY.

Gah, I hated what they did with BB and his explanation made no fucking sense. The debriefing in MGS3 was an awesome cap on the whole game. Here, not so much. I also would love to one day have explained how Big Boss ever thought starting a Nuclear War was a good idea.

Volcynika

Beat the first boss! :D

Took me a couple of tries, because first I had to figure out about using night vision to detect where she hid, which was amusing when I found her. One time I saw the trail stop, looked around, and then she snapped me up from the ceiling and I freaked out.

One thing I noticed was that the whole rolling attack does a LOT more damage than I thought it would. It killed me once :(

Deepblue

Banned
bishopcruz said:
Big fan of the series here, and TOTALLY.

Gah, I hated what they did with BB and his explanation made no fucking sense. The debriefing in MGS3 was an awesome cap on the whole game. Here, not so much. I also would love to one day have explained how Big Boss ever thought starting a Nuclear War was a good idea.
Not to mention the whole
Ocelot faking being posessed by Liquid, which everyone inexplicably accepts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom