• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rez>You said:
Nah shoot first, tranq second. I'm pretty sure the first forms are untranq-able.

You can tranq them in their first form.

The only thing im stuck with is finding the BB corps statue. I'm missing the first 3. They are normally around the area once theyre in their human form.

Ashhong

Rez>You said:
Nah shoot first, tranq second. I'm pretty sure the first forms are untranq-able.

i dont think thats true. i was shooting tranqs at (the second boss), and it was working but was so slow i just bought some RPG ammo and went bang bang bang

can you explain this corps statue booker?

Owensboro

Rez>You said:

Thus far in the game i've tranqed both first and second forms, so I dunno which give you something. I'd ask what you got from the first one, but the fear of spoiling it for others consumes me.

Ashhong said:
i dont think thats true. i was shooting tranqs at (the second boss), and it was working but was so slow i just bought some RPG ammo and went bang bang bang

can you explain this corps statue booker?

I will make a picture.

bigben85 said:
agreed
the difference in MGS3 and 4 is that you can feel the characters emotions in 4. It is a lot more character driven.

Yeah, in my opinion there are only two really interesting characters in MGS3, which are Eva and the Boss. Everone else was dissappointing. Big Boss surely looked like SS, but was not nearly as charismatic and witty, I hate young Ocelot with a passion, Volgin was too boring and stereotypical and the Cobras had no story backround whatsoever. The same goes for the support team.

MGS4 Spoiler:
But it's cool that they got their backround through MGS4

Ashhong

NOOOOOO @ MOTHER FUCKING
RAIDEN!!!!

why is snake such a pussy!!!!! just sitting there as the haven comes at him while raiden goes and stops it with 1 fucking arm. MOVE BITCH MOVE

ok, i have to fault kojima on something.
i was using the face camo, and it stayed on during the whole cutscene of where raiden dies. i couldnt take it off! i didnt get to see snakes expression and such. thats just lame.

and regarding naomi,
i get that otacons loved ones always die...but it just seemed to soon for him to be so attached to naomi in the first place. i dont know, maybe thats just me.

act 5 coming up! the last i think?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone find it odd that Ocelot never really acknowledges the B&B Corps existance? Maybe my memory is just foggy, but I can't recall anyone other than Drebin talking about them either (outside of some random Militia men in the Militia safehouse).

Can't find a MGS4 bundle and it's pissing me off! It's like it wasn't even released here (in Finland), no stores seem to carry them and only 1 big one claims to have them in their warehouse complex.

Ashhong said:
ehhh?! ok, now explain how to get that lol. how are you finding all these secret stuff? like the white room pictures and these statues?

Like i said before, White room =
don't attack human form bb, after a while it transports both of you to a white room, with sexual noises and stuff
Statues, you have to find them when you fight bb corps in human form, also the frog one is in act 1 somewhere, i cant remember.

Ashhong

lmao bigben, ok, im at the mission briefing of act 5, and it seems like my question number 2 is pretty much answered. well not answered, but its dealt with. so i guess disregard that. the first one still stands though...

dabooker said:
Like i said before, White room =
don't attack human form bb, after a while it transports both of you to a white room, with sexual noises and stuff
Statues, you have to find them when you fight bb corps in human form, also the frog one is in act 1 somewhere, i cant remember.

ah sorry, i was actually asking how u found out about these. did u just happen to stumble across it?

so for the statues i just have to look around and its on the ground somewhere? damn..guess ill have to go back

Just got to the part with
Meryl, her crew, and the ninjas
. It honestly doesnt really feel like a MGS to me, theres way more action. I'm really digging it, and I've always been an MGS fan.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Guess it is time for me to take a break:D

DSC04843.jpg

Ashhong

MarkMan said:
Lesson learned? I really think it'd be your fault, but eh... thats how it goes. REPLAY!

how was i supposed to know some epic cutscene would come up =( i like how u can shake off the camo, but i think he should have realized lots of ppl would do this on accident. it does promote a replay though haha

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Ashhong said:
how was i supposed to know some epic cutscene would come up =( i like how u can shake off the camo, but i think he should have realized lots of ppl would do this on accident. it does promote a replay though haha

You can shake off the camo? How?

Orlics

Just started Act 3, and Otacon has NO GAME AT ALL.
I'm quite surprised he managed to finally get some. Slim pickings for Naomi, I guess.

Ashhong

reilo said:
You can shake off the camo? How?

by literally, shaking it off =P shake the controller left to right

and LOL @ akiba
at the beginning of act 5. i had a feeling he was going to turn out to be raiden, or at least some major reveal..but maybe not

Everdred

How long are Act 4 and 5 combined? I need to know if I have time to beat it tonight.

EDIT: So far Act 1-3 have taken me 12 hours.

Ashhong

strange_booj said:
How long are Act 4 and 5 combined? I need to know if I have time to beat it tonight.

EDIT: So far Act 1-3 have taken me 12 hours.

ur going about the same speed as i am. starting act 5 with over 16 hours, so id say 6-8 hours total for 4 and 5?

Going for the Altair costume now. So far completed Act 1 with 34 kills. I think 33 being cqc knife cuts. Just need another 20 then I can breeze through the acts with my stealth camo.
Gonna try to do this quicker than 6 hours.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
What if Akiba was the
soldier from MGS1 where Meryl knocked out and kept going to the bathroom cuz of stomach problems :lol

Kazenone

g35twinturbo said:
What if Akiba was the
soldier from MGS1 where Meryl knocked out and kept going to the bathroom cuz of stomach problems :lol

he was you fool :lol Johnny 'Akiba' Sasaki

Ashhong

dabookerman said:
Going for the Altair costume now. So far completed Act 1 with 34 kills. I think 33 being cqc knife cuts. Just need another 20 then I can breeze through the acts with my stealth camo.
Gonna try to do this quicker than 6 hours.

ok now, where are you finding out how to get all these secrets? lol and what do u need to do for altair?

Kazenone said:
he was you fool :lol Johnny 'Akiba' Sasaki

O_O? can you explain in more detail his story from mgs1?

arg2bad

Zophar said:
Metal Gear Solid 4 stands head and shoulders over the entire industry. It transcends the medium in damn near every way: in interactivity, in storytelling, and in cinematic and aural presentation. Kojima and Konami have raised the bar entirely and I doubt anyone else in the field will come close to it any time soon.

Having just finished it, I have never been so blown away or emotionally moved quite like this. Everything that has come before it in this generation pales in comparison.

this for real - this is the first next gen game i have played since the current cycle started

Kazenone

Ashhong said:
O_O? can you explain in more detail his story from mgs1?

Right-o

When you kill Decoy Octopus in the Prison Cell, Meryl has already somehow gotten Johnny(Akiba) to open up her Cell, beat him up and steal his clothes. When Snake exists the cell and confronts Meryl ("You have rookie eyes!"), you see Johnny naked on the floor.

You see him again later after you've been tortured by Liquid and Ocelot. He's the guard who has a cold and stomach problems when you're trying to get your gear back (The part where you use the ketchup to trick Johnny opening the cell).

That's all there is too him really. He's mentioned again in MGS2, and If I recall correctly his Grandfather is in MGS3.

edit;
Johnny in MGS4;

He joined Rat Patrol to be with Meryl, obviously he loved her from first site (Or, first beating). He liked technical stuff, and that's why he's nicknamed Akiba (After Akihabara in Japan).

Near the end of Act 5, he and Meryl are stopping the Frog Unit from following Snake and they have a cut-scene together detailing Akiba's actions at the beginning and there are a few flashbacks showing the Prison Cell scene in MGS1

1stStrike

Banned
k..how do you get the altair costume?

and..does anyone else feel
wrong using the young snake face in cut scenes? i'm on my 2nd play through and it just feels artificial to me using the young face like that. I'm kind of like..this is the real snake now and no octocam face will change that =\

Quick question, I've only played MGS2 and don't remember the story much and hated the camera. After seeing videos of MGS4 I was definitely impressed and I'd like to give this series another go.

Would I have to replay or read a lot of the history of MGS to fully enjoy/understand this game?

Duderz

Banned
Just finished.

Bloody brilliant. Perfect. The best game Konami has ever done. The showpiece for HD for years to come. The perfect sendoff to such a wonderful franchise.

But...man, I really need some explaining on the ending. So many questions, so I'll be reading this thread!

Barrett2

I almost had
Raging Raven
killed last night, at the end of Act 3, but at the last minute an exploding grenade
knocked me off the top of the building, down to my death!

This game is un-freaking believable. The cinematic nature of the battles is the embodiment of what HD gaming should be.

Kazenone

For people who have completed the game:

Regarding the Screaming/Psycho Mantis battle; did anyone play with a DS3 or have a PS1 Memory Card Reader plugged in? I have neither, so he just died after realizing he couldn't control me through either methods.

Did anyone else reassign the controller? Otacon's and Campbell's codec calls were so good.

rod

Banned
DancingJesus said:
Quick question, I've only played MGS2 and don't remember the story much and hated the camera. After seeing videos of MGS4 I was definitely impressed and I'd like to give this series another go.

Would I have to replay or read a lot of the history of MGS to fully enjoy/understand this game?

you dont have to replay them to enjoy it, but imo, the enjoyment is multiplied big time if you are fresh off the mgs 1 2 and 3 games.

Kazenone said:
For people who have completed the game:

Regarding the Screaming/Psycho Mantis battle; did anyone play with a DS3 or have a PS1 Memory Card Reader plugged in? I have neither, so he just died after realizing he couldn't control me through either methods.

Did anyone else reassign the controller? Otacon's and Campbell's codec calls were so good.

:lol I did the exact same thing

Omikaru

I finished this on Thursday. Gameplay of MGS4 was great (best one yet in that regard), and the story was pretty good up until the end of Act 4. After that? It just degrades into a giant turd.

Having been an MG fan for a very long time, I can't help but be disappointed by the story of this one, in particular that awful ending...

Ashhong

1stStrike said:
k..how do you get the altair costume?

and..does anyone else feel
wrong using the young snake face in cut scenes? i'm on my 2nd play through and it just feels artificial to me using the young face like that. I'm kind of like..this is the real snake now and no octocam face will change that =\

yes. i used it and was like, this is weird...old snake is the way to go

rod

Banned
in this thread, i think ive read three negative posts about the game. out of a LOT of people :lol id say anyone disappointed with the game is definitely in the minority

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom