• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Alienous

ps4 looks like garbage. really feel bad for ps4 fans because it looks like shit. i know people knock me for spending over 2000 pounds on my pc, but games like mgsv really prove that its worth it

Show me a screenshot of MGSV on PC.

I'm sure it isn't 6x better looking.

tensuke

This is the only place that I saw this song mentioned is in the game. But so far everyone who played the game told me it is not in the game. I would give a million dollars if I could hear it directly in the game.

That's just the vocal soundtrack, I guess final game version is just for the ones that are actually in the game, considering it doesn't have the Donna Burke covers either.

You can use Lethal weapons and get S ranks. It's ok to kill people in this game. Believe me there is nothing more satisfying to me than getting through a mission undetected and not killing anyone but when needed I still killed people if I ran out of tranqs or something and still got S ranks. The game is open enough for those play styles to mesh perfectly well. And it's great you don't have to do that for S ranks. It lets you experiment with the weapons you develop.

And now I'm debtaing a buy. I played MGS4 like an action game for the most part, guns blazing.

mcz117chief

I would assume it is in the game, but it just hasn't been unlocked may be? I'll start just today the game, so I don't really know

I should have gotten it today but I didn't so most likely on Monday. If it isn't in the game then I will just play it on my pc or on headphones or something.

Is it possible to listen to music on your ps4 while at the same time playing games?

Sifl

Anyone have tips for Mission 40?
I can't seem to get more than a few hits on her without getting one shot. I tried hiding in smoke but she's killed me through that too.

You spend an insane amount of money on a PC and are surprised that the console that costs less than a quarter of that doesn't look as good?
I recommend staying right at the start and not moving away except for a few instances. Just keep popping out and baiting her till you figure out where she is and mark her. Then bait a shot and shoot her. Sometimes she starts dancing under a rainbow in the pond near the center of the map, this is basically a free headshot. You can see it from the start, but you can't hit her, so you have to run towards your northeast until you can see her dancing. Shoot her and quickly run back to the spawn. There's 1 spot she can't see you from at the spawn, but idk where it is.

brau

Show me a screenshot of MGSV on PC.

I'm sure it isn't 6x better looking.
Barrage of images from my playthrough so far. I don't think its 6x better. But its significantly better. Specially playing this on a large nice tv. It looks super nice.

ED7810CF8F4192815CA218BBADF9EDAE9B8E1F46

80605CADECB907D563EAA042F7531CEFA82AC7AA

DB50F8183736B596A961A92288F1EB812C79011C

4706C3E402CC569FF139DCCD141C4E7EBCB9A103

F69A234F93101E1CB2B5D26EEBA3887BA1BC8176

Some nice ones but spoilery ones.
DD90FE6B74C243CCB9821F92E67A0ACF8B3F633D
954839A92390958A02C657818C8F1A5BDF34231C
25500556CD197F5EA082F80EEA4BBDC14128E3BF

I can't seem to get more than a few hits on her without getting one shot. I tried hiding in smoke but she's killed me through that too.

Uhm
it's a sniper battle, why are you trying to take her head on? Miller even says to attack from the sides, so just nail her once, watch which direction she runs into, and just run opposite of that, hiding before she perches.
Now fire again and run back to your original spot, rinse and repeat.

You can also very obviously use decoys.

She takes a second or two to load her rifle between shots, so if you're fast enough, you can strafe out of cover and snipe her back.

Alienous

None of those look remarkably better than the PS4 version.

Seriously.

And it's to be expected, what with MGSV being cross-gen. The assets don't get a bump, so really it's just 4K, higher framerates and better shadows. Otherwise key things like the FOX Engine lighting make them look rather similar.

PHOTOSHOP

Been trying quick ways to raise Quiet's bond. I been doing side-ops and letting her take out a few enemies...are redoing main missions with quiet help rise bond level?

Alienous

7b770fe6f8.jpg

Even the lowest setting on pc shows more detail than ps4.

Is PC Default the lowest? It's marginally more detailed, yes.

But the High settings do show a significant bump in the detail to which distant objects are drawn. Maybe it all adds up when playing it, but I don't see it so much in the images.

Anyway, there's a PC thread so I won't go on any longer.

MarkusRJR

Has there been word by Konami whether or not they're they're patching the Xbox One version to fix the weird audio stuttering and control problems. Literally just rage quit the game because of these issues. I spent an hour and a half perfectly stealthing a mission and fultoning all the guys with good stats, only for the controls to cut out for like 3 seconds (with my character moving out of cover). I got alerted and then sniped to death. Lost all my progress... fuck that.

brau

None of those look remarkably better than the PS4 version.

we get picky... the the shadows alone are way better than ps4.

I wish i had the same screens on PS4... then making a gif would make things apparent. I think the difference is significantly better.
Q6WnNef.png

m6v68Ir.png

tiuqdfp.png

hGccOxk.png

Interfectum

ps4 looks like garbage. really feel bad for ps4 fans because it looks like shit. i know people knock me for spending over 2000 pounds on my pc, but games like mgsv really prove that its worth it

Every time I turn on MGS5 on PS4 I vomit in my mouth a little bit. Should have gone with PC version for realz.

Is PC Default the lowest? It's marginally more detailed, yes.

But the High settings do show a significant bump in the detail to which distant objects are drawn. Maybe it all adds up when playing it, but I don't see it so much in the images.

Anyway, there's a PC thread so I won't go on any longer.

pc's low setting shows more detail on screen than ps4, and it goes low > medium > high > extra high.

Also the difference in lighting (especially at night) is just staggering):

artsi

Yes there's a difference when you compare screenshots but when I play on PC (max settings) and PS4 after that it's still not feeling like an eyesore. In action they look both awesome.

Cutscenes have barely any differences, I noticed.

Regardless I think we can all agree that most of The Phantom Pain's Africa region looks terrible.

Yeah it's not that pretty, on either platform. I like Afghanistan a lot more.

bryt

Even with glasses my vision has gotten so shitty I don't even notice any graphical differences since I play 15+ feet away from the screen.

Regardless I think we can all agree that most of The Phantom Pain's Africa region looks terrible.

Yeah, it wasn't until I got to Africa that I regretted playing the PS4 version over the PC version. Really wish there was a save game converter so I could just pick up from where I am on the PC.

eso76

Some nice ones but spoilery ones

"I'll post them anyway lol"

Anyway, it looks better but not by a margin large enough to really affect your experience with the game at all.
The game isn't incredible looking anyway, besides the lighting, which looks very natural in most conditions.

And yes Africa looks much worse than Afghanistan

v0yce

Would you mind showing me a PC/PS4 comparison so I can see the shit vs $1500 better visuals?

edit: ha beaten. Oh Chinner.

brau

It looks terrible because everything is so darn low poly. There are some vistas in Africa that are quite cool. Like Mission 29.
That whole bit leading to the mansion looks awesome.

I wish this game was only next gen. We wouldn't see so many straight lines on things that should be organic looking.

Plot holes do not make a game "unfinished". And truthfully, this particular thing that's being talked about isn't one really.

Quiet is a prisoner. She is permanently listed as being in the brig, so interrogating her isn't exactly a surprise. Kaz never trusts her and has been pushing BB to execute her from day #1, whilst Ocelot is only cool about it as he trusts BB to take care of business like he promised when she first came aboard. That she's "infected" is kind of a no-brainer given obvious connections made between the Skulls'/Skullface's abilities and their connection to Code Talker's research. Doubly so after Skullface monologued about his ultimate plan being unleashing the English strain of the language virus, and Kaz's continuing slide into paranoia.

Do you really need every detail spelling for you?

I understood that part of the plot, actually. I was just alluding to the fact that Chapter 2 was obviously unfinished. Henceforth why Mission 51 isn't in the game. Don't know why you picked my post out when I wasn't the only one saying this...

Vlaphor

I first tried the delivery method again, but she dodged it when it came down. Then I baited her by popping in and out of cover real fast and it did hit her, but it only did about 1/6th of her stamina. So I called in a different delivery...helicopter support and gassed her twice. That did the trick.

N° 2048

What mission does Quiet appear? I got a warning
that a sniper is around and to be careful. He mentioned it was Quiet.

Currently on Mission 7.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

If you're not worried about S rank, just sleep gas her. You can select it through the binoculars. She may dodge a couple times but it will hit her.

Currently on Mission 7.

If you got that warning then you can actually already encounter her in free roam/side ops if you go to a certain area in the map. But I believe one of the missions has you go through there anyway.

brau

Currently on Mission 7.

Spoiler
Hers is mission 11. But it won't get listed. You have to run into her to unlock the mission.

More details.
If you have the side op to meet with Huey then you'll eventually run into her. There is no other way to get to it without going through her boss fight.

s_mirage

Currently on Mission 7.

In a side mission. You'll know the one as there are no drop points anywhere near the objective.

Nameless

Honestly surprised it took so long for the OT to descend down the PC vs Console shitpost shitpit. There are 2-3 other threads dedicated to snarky, disingenuous, and/or hyperbolic nonsense and posters jerking themselves off because they're playing a better looking version of a game than others.

People look for personal validation in the strangest places.

Top Bottom