• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Alienous

Finally work up the courage to overcome my spoiler paranoia and post in the OT, and this happens.

Suddenly have a knot in the pit of my stomach and can't decide whether I want to stop playing for a while, or just rush through the rest of the game so I don't get spoiled again.

Welp.

Trust me when I say that it isn't worth ruining your enjoyment for something you think got spoiled for you.

Just play the game how you feel comfortable playing it. You're fine, trust me on that.

brau

So many troublemakers causing fights at Motherbase.

Any tips? Does it affect a lot?

Select them and dismiss them. There is no home for trouble makers in mother base.

Later you get diplomats that help with this. but i never cared to deal with them. so i always give them the boot.

Finally work up the courage to overcome my spoiler paranoia and post in the OT, and this happens.

Suddenly have a knot in the pit of my stomach and can't decide whether I want to stop playing for a while, or just rush through the rest of the game so I don't get spoiled again.

Welp.

Keep going. Enjoy it at your own pace.

That "spoiler" was dumb but very vague.

Griss

Guys, how do you find delivery points out in the field? How do you find invoices? I'm yet to find one of either and I'm at the very end of the game.

Trust me when I say that it isn't worth ruining your enjoyment for something you think got spoiled for you.

Just play the game how you feel comfortable playing it. You're fine, trust me on that.

Quoted and bolded for truth.

artsi

Is it just me or does the PS4 get loud when on the chopper choosing missions?

Not just you. It feels like FPS is unlimited in the menus (which isn't that rare) which makes the fans go wild. In the game it's not nearly as bad.

Diablos54

Guys, how do you find delivery points out in the field? How do you find invoices? I'm yet to find one of either and I'm at the very end of the game.

Quoted and bolded for truth.
Most of the ones I've seen are at the enterance/exit to a base. They're small yellow metal platforms, they work just like in Mother Base. Next to it should be a piece of paper just grab that and you're good to go.

The dive move is so ridiculously useful. Best move is diving towards an enemy then punching their legs out from under them. One of the benefits of a focus on gameplay is that the new moves and mechanics actually get used, unlike in MGS4 where you could only put most of your skills to use for about 1/4 of the game.

That thing, at first glance, seems completely useless, but it actually has tons of uses. That being one. Fighting the
Man of Fire
being another.

I knew about that one but not about the electronics lol.
I wonder what happens if you shoot at the power lines. Or is that even possible.

malfcn

So pissed off. I take everyone down in a base. Extracting the last prisoner and I am scouting left and right..NOBODY. Then I get spotted from behind. WTF.

mauaus

Its scary how loud my PS4 gets with this game. I've gotten used to completely powering down completely after longer MGS V sessions.

Game has been so worth it tho.

Not just you. It feels like FPS is unlimited in the menus (which isn't that rare) which makes the fans go wild. In the game it's not nearly as bad.

That and the main menu makes my PS4 scream...not as much as before I replaced the paste though.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1075088
Thanks a lot! Was worried it might just be me

Slime

Banned
You sure came at a bad time x.x

Tell me about it! ;_;

Keep going. Enjoy it at your own pace.

That "spoiler" was dumb but very vague.

True enough.

After some brooding, breathing exercises, and a few shots, I think I'm good.

I've had so many ups and downs with this game so far, but I always end up booting it up and losing track of time playing it anyway. Nothing stops this train.

Griss

The dive move is so ridiculously useful. Best move is diving towards an enemy then punching their legs out from under them. One of the benefits of a focus on gameplay is that the new moves and mechanics actually get used, unlike in MGS4 where you could only put most of your skills to use for about 1/4 of the game.

The balance between all the different mechanics and weapons is just insane. It was only when some enemies started wearing full riot gear that I was forced to see just what was really possible and take different weapons / items, and despite knowing how deep the game was after 30 hours of play it still blew my mind what I ended up being able to do.

In fact, I found myself thinking something quite humorous. I would get pissed off when there was a move or action Snake couldn't do. Then I wondered why. I decided that Snake's character is in the 'interactive uncanny valley'. Most game characters can do like 5 things. Swing a sword, cast a spell, run, jump etc. Snake can do like 100 things. He does so much, and it's so intuitive, that you subconsciously start to expect him to do anything you could imagine him needing to do out in the field and if he can't do it you're surprised. I mean, I remember being on my back shooting at some dude and I was just like, 'fuck, roll away!' not knowing I could roll, and I pressed the stick and he did. Ludicrously good levels of animation and interactivity... leading to the uncanny valley.

Or the way he rolls on his side while aiming up a shot if the target is moving... stuff like that is just awesome.

Alienous

True enough.

After some brooding, breathing exercises, and a few shots, I think I'm good.

I've had so many ups and downs with this game so far, but I always end up booting it up and losing track of time playing it anyway. Nothing stops this train.

Choo choo.

Griss

Right, 5pm. Fuck work, I'm off to play some golf before sundown, and as god is my witness by the end of the night I'll be done with you losers and posting in the spoiler thread instead of this one :)

Happy stealthing.

Dive also helps when there's that two foot tall rock or obstacle you can't seem to get over without all the awkward sliding. A dive will send you right over that stuff.

muteki

I feel like I have gotten to the point where Reflex almost breaks the game for me. With the upgrade that extends reflex time, I can reliably get 2-3 shots with my tranq for each reflex alert. Provided the enemies I run into are either alone or in pairs and are relatively short range, I am confident that I can run right in front of them, reflex, *pop* *pop*, and continue on my way.

So on the last prisoner extract mission I did at Yoroboo base, I just ran around like a mad man and was in and out with no alerts. At least until I start running into helmets.

I do like Reflex in that it gives me time to do all the CQC/Interrogate/fancy stuff that I was never all that great at in previous games, but when combined with a gun it is a little broken.

wiibomb

I should have gotten it today but I didn't so most likely on Monday. If it isn't in the game then I will just play it on my pc or on headphones or something.

Is it possible to listen to music on your ps4 while at the same time playing games?

apparently yeah, you can play music on the background of a game, so there's a work around if so, but then again, I'll play MGSV when my PS4 arrives, lol

btw, the PC version hasn't still been patched to play music afaik

BigDes

why are some of the common animals so hard to find and capture. I am going to have my own army of Gerbils by the time I complete this

Yep

Metal Gear Gerbil

There must be a way of using capture cages properly, I wonder if the bait bottle ups your chance at a more varied animal.

You have to pay a deployment cost to visit your FOB. What the fuck Kojima.

stupid.gif

Gvitor

I only get D and E dispatch missions available even though I have several C, B, A and even S soldiers. A while ago I got a B mission (skipped C for some reason), but just the one, and it requires a tank, and says I have to fulton one. Well, I've fultoned 3. They even show up in the resources tab. Yet it still says I don't have one. What gives?

Top Bottom