• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

farm mission 12 to get lots of fuel took me 10 min to get 200k and mission 18 for common metal, Read this just now will put it to the test tomorrow and hopefully its good...

Setsuna

Need help with epidemic..
I've quarantined everyone who knows Kikongo, except 1 person because he's in the Brig. My guys are still dying. Does it count the dude in the Brig or am I off base with the Kikongo thing. If not, does that mean I have to wait for the guy to get out of the Brig?

fire the troublemakers they are nothing but trash

Cronen

3 hours in. Just got to the sea base.

No idea what the fuck is going on or who anyone is. I've played MGS1-4.

Movement seems really janky, Snake barely talks, and I'm a little confused with missions. For the first one
I picked up a document and it automatically added an objective marker as to where I had to go. No idea what the document said or anything. I tried to find the document (from the communications tower) in the menu and there was nothing there.
Weird.

Love the music though, and I can tell I'm going to have a lot of fun.

edit: also, those announcements every time I load the game suck.

This game really does rely on you having played/seen Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes.

Of all the things to destroy my suspension of disbelief in this at times completely nonsensical game, it's really just the fact that I can't carry multiple suppressors with me but can carry 2 completely unnecessary weapons if I just had more suppressors.

Man, it's no wonder I held off doing the training side ops at Mother Base.
I started off with the hardest one (R&D) and gave up until I realized that R&D was the only one that required you to go into every nook and cranny while navigating the cobbled together mess that is the R&D strut.

Ended up looking up a guide for it.

Quite literally fuck episode 45

It appears that the enemy just decides to use all their fucking tanks in this one instance. Not to mention, they seem far more capable than the sahelanthropus. I've had no problems with any mission thus far, not really anyway. this is by far the worst mission in the game.

tensuke

The Community threead just enlightened and reminded me how good Mother Base 1 looked:

I miss it.

What I like about MB 1 compared to 2 is: there aren't crazy long connecting struts to each platform, so it wouldn't seem too bad traversing them all on foot; there's a giant skyscraper that seems like a cool hq that would be fun to explore; there were runways and strips/helipads that had actual planes/helicopters stationed on them. I like the complexity of MB 2 (besides R&D platform maybe) and the intricacies, but it's too spread out, formulaic, and honestly, a bit sparse (would prefer seeing vehicles/more soldiers).

Ferrio

Banned
From a defensive standpoint having the platforms spaced far apart is probably better. One platform can go down without affecting the others too much.

Nuke Soda

Beat Chapter 1 (Mission 31)
I actually though that was a lot better than people are giving it credit for. I thought Skull Face's death was fitting and kind of pathetic/funny with Huey shooting him and acting like a hero.

tensuke

From a defensive standpoint having the platforms spaced far apart is probably better. One platform can go down without affecting the others too much.

Well yeah that makes practical sense, but it takes whole seconds to get to a fast travel depot to go somewhere else. Whole seconds!

Pure conjecture but it might help with memory on the last gen consoles too. The platforms are spaced far enough away that you only see a really low LOD version of the others.

So is this rumor that we are getting an announcement today about MGSV or PT true or some bs rumor?

That's a good point. And from a game development stand-point, it helps lod'ing out the other bases you aren't on more significantly.

AEREC

Damn, chapter 43 was great.
The soldiers saluting while I kill them... good shit. Sent me shivers.

Agree...even the cutscene after it was good and emotional. The standout of c2 so far...just wish the rest of c2 was so disjointed.

Kama_1082

Banned
Need help with epidemic..
I've quarantined everyone who knows Kikongo, except 1 person because he's in the Brig. My guys are still dying. Does it count the dude in the Brig or am I off base with the Kikongo thing. If not, does that mean I have to wait for the guy to get out of the Brig?
stop doing side missions and go straight through the story missions

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Mission 33:
LOL, at first I tried to get explosives from enemies and died three times trying. Then I just took my AK47 that I had stolen from a solider at a small outpost and shot 5-6 bullets at the communication antennas from that small hill with the two mines. Apparently that works just as good as a bazooka...

COqIRefW8AAsUH9.jpg:large

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What? Game wouldn't let me continue without making one. I was stuck on the menu with a big blinking red arrow. (On PS4)

^^^^^

Not my fault their "totally opt-in, honest! (trollface)" mode is FORCED on me for going online to get their daily rewards.

At the very least, if you're going to offer me to chance to catch the invader, at least let me fucking CONNECT GODDAMN IT.
----

In other news: (LATE GAME MISSION SPOILER): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpYO13xoRGE <---That is a pretty good method for the infamous mission everyone has problems with.

I used this loadout. Along with that method and:

Got an S-rank within 5 mins or so because of it. You kinda have to "luck out" on the AI spazzing out a bit if you fail the method because if you don't land just right you won't be able to flip the enemy and smash it for massive damage.

Well yeah that makes practical sense, but it takes whole seconds to get to a fast travel depot to go somewhere else. Whole seconds!

Well to be honest with you I hate Fast Travel in OW games, I'm fine with them being there if either the world is interesting to traverse through or there is also way to automatize the travel, as in Taxi in GTA.

I hate if I feel forced to use it because the drive isn't even a straight line.

Would if have been so hard to put a designated driver into the cars that drive you back and fro between the platforms? So I can just chill instead of driving off the bridge.

Lingitiz

Quite literally fuck episode 45

It appears that the enemy just decides to use all their fucking tanks in this one instance. Not to mention, they seem far more capable than the sahelanthropus. I've had no problems with any mission thus far, not really anyway. this is by far the worst mission in the game.

It's such a bad mission. Those tanks have laser precision and can OHK you so easily.

Would if have been so hard to put a designated driver into the cars that drive you back and fro between the platforms? So I can just chill instead of driving off the bridge.
The helicopter does what you're asking, but even that trip feels super padded in length. Its great if you want a solid 360 swoop-around view of the platform before you land though.

That trip by jeep takes forever and is the definition of dull. Its you, driving in a straight line with your jeep engine noise trying to lull you to sleep. And its a trip closer to a minute, if not more, which is a lot longer than just "seconds".

TheBear

Is it possible to miss cutscenes at mother base? As per my last post its pissing me off having to go back there for nothing

The helicopter does what you're asking, but even that trip feels super padded in length. Its great if you want a solid 360 swoop-around view of the platform before you land though.

That trip by jeep takes forever and is the definition of dull. Its you, driving in a straight line with your jeep engine noise trying to lull you to sleep. And its a trip closer to a minute, if not more, which is a lot longer than just "seconds".

Yeah that too, I hate to resort to fast travel but even the helicopter is cumbersome to use. You have to call them from the menu, the pilot flies circles around the platforms and slalom through the bridge.

Speaking of helicopters where do they park? I haven't built a hangar and they never park anywhere, they donpt even touch down. Are they just in a continuous state of flight?

A straight line to drive one would have been preferable sadly we don't even get those

I've been dreading mission 29. First time I beat in 4 mins S rank perfect stealth no kills. Weird mission but did it easily with d walker. What was everyone's trouble?

AEREC

Well to be honest with you I hate Fast Travel in OW games, I'm fine with them being there if either the world is interesting to traverse through or there is also way to automatize the travel, as in Taxi in GTA.

I hate if I feel forced to use it because the drive isn't even a straight line.

I love how they handled fast travel in this game. Just wish you could use D-Walker on Mother Base.

Also it's off how D-Dog wont ride in a jeep with you to other platforms...must be a technical limit.

What the..!
So I had read somewhere that listenning to Quiet's humming on your idroid actually
steadies your aim
, so I was listenning to it and testing to see if it actually worked, and this sound happened after a few time of listenning it and it just stopped. The sort of sound that a walkman would do when eating a tape. It turns out Quiet's humming song is not in my Idroid anymore.

So either it was because it was on my idroid's speaker and it fucked it up, or there's a limit to how much you can use the "skills" of what the little songs can do when played on the idroid. Ie: Paz's Humming makes it so in the side ops where you search
for your old mates, "Wandering Soldiers" I think, instead of having to run after them, they run at you instead giving Big Boss a salute telling him they had never lost fate. Giving you the possibility to fulton them right on the spot making the side ops extremely easy to complete.

Alright, straight up real talk time - Tapes fucking suck. They are terrible. The entire point of them is that you can listen to them on the field but that is a terrible idea because Kaz and Miller will just yell at you over the tape and there is no quick pause button, so you have to open your idroid, go to the tape and roll it back...on the field, leaving you completely open. So I usually just listen to them on the ACC...so why do they exist in the first place? Why not codecs? If we could codec call Miller maybe we could understand him better then a dumbass hypocrite and Ocelot would get an inkling of a character.

Weird, just captured an Okapi but wasn't doing anything special besides idling in the starting Africa area.
Saw it and was thinking "wait, those are uncommon irl" and indeed it's classified as super rare in the game.

Alright, straight up real talk time - Tapes fucking suck. They are terrible. The entire point of them is that you can listen to them on the field but that is a terrible idea because Kaz and Miller will just yell at you over the tape and there is no quick pause button, so you have to open your idroid, go to the tape and roll it back...on the field, leaving you completely open. So I usually just listen to them on the ACC...so why do they exist in the first place? Why not codecs? If we could codec call Miller maybe we could understand him better then a dumbass hypocrite and Ocelot would get an inkling of a character.

*presses L1*

You can accept missions via your iDroid...Boss, GET DOWN...the enemy sniper. Crawl around on the ground and stay out of his line of fire.

It's the Radio that sucks in this game. Tapes are fine, at least there's more of that than the Codec we got in MGS4.

Resilient

How do I get revenge on the mother suckers who are invading my base?? When I review the Intruder tab there is no option to go over there and fuck them back!!!

Resilient

Omg I just wanna go over there and blow their shit up. Whatever. I've just upgraded my security shit and have a drone that throws a smoke grenade. The next fucker who tries this shit will pay.

Top Bottom