• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

skynidas

Banned
I only get D and E dispatch missions available even though I have several C, B, A and even S soldiers. A while ago I got a B mission (skipped C for some reason), but just the one, and it requires a tank, and says I have to fulton one. Well, I've fultoned 3. They even show up in the resources tab. Yet it still says I don't have one. What gives?

maybe you don't have the right type of tank?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
So what's the trick to S-rank mission 42 easily? Have D-Walker with Gatling Gun and an Anti-Material rifle equipped but
the Skulls still one shot me with the rocks they throw. Heard there was a place in the airport that they can't hit you easily but can't seem to find it

Do the various muzzles have any effect in weapon customization?

Also, most of the stocks say they improve stability while moving. Do the numbers correspond to increased stability (e.g. sharpshooter's stock 2)?

Woffls

So what's the trick to S-rank mission 42 easily? Have D-Walker with Gatling Gun and an Anti-Material rifle equipped but
the Skulls still one shot me with the rocks they throw. Heard there was a place in the airport that they can't hit you easily but can't seem to find it
The hangar roof right where you start is a good spot. Normally, only two will attack you at a time and you won't get shot, but you still have to run away from exploding rock things and keep an ear out for the knife attack thing Listen out for the audio cue that precedes the rocks appearing in the floor, and that will make things way easier.

I strongly advise developing the Brennan LRS-46 for this mission, and eventually the Serval AMR-7. Stupidly powerful sniper rifles.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
The hangar roof right where you start is a good spot. Normally, only two will attack you at a time and you won't get shot, but you still have to run away from exploding rock things and keep an ear out for the knife attack thing Listen out for the audio cue that precedes the rocks appearing in the floor, and that will make things way easier.

I strongly advise developing the Brennan LRS-46 for this mission, and eventually the Serval AMR-7. Stupidly powerful sniper rifles.

Guess I'll put the mission on hold then till I develop those 2 rifles because D-Walker doesn't really help. Thanks!

Gvitor

maybe you don't have the right type of tank?

It only has a tank symbol on the dispatch mission, it doesn't specify the type of tank. I'm not sure if you can even know what type of tank a tank is before fultoning it and looking it up in the resources tab.

You can equip Quiet with her Anti-Material Sniper and she will basically 3-shot them. Just stay out in the open with them on like the runway where she will have clean shots and just tell her to fire repeatedly. Just run in circles and if you get hit run away inside a building to heal then come back. You don't even have to fire a shot if you don't want to.

Alienous

The Community threead just enlightened and reminded me how good Mother Base 1 looked:

I miss it.

RS4-

Lol whoops, was supporting an invasion. Threw the guy into the water instead of using the fulton.

Good thing I caught him again and did it properly.

The Community threead just enlightened and reminded me how good Mother Base 1 looked:

I miss it.

I want a mod that at least adds the same amount of soldiers that spawn on your FOBs. When I visited mine, it really put into perspective how fucking empty the main mother base feels when you've got about 3 or 4 soldiers per platform.

KarmaCow

I want a mod that at least adds the same amount of soldiers that spawn on your FOBs. When I visited mine, it really put into perspective how fucking empty the main mother base feels when you've got about 3 or 4 soldiers per platform.

Seriously, I have about 800 soldiers now and I don't think it's even possible to see more than 50 if you actually spent the time going to each platform.

TheBear

Man, this Mother Base stuff is starting to piss me off. Just started Act 2, I finish a mission and get called back to base.
Eli scowls at me in a cutscene, and i learn about some kid dying and that's it. There's a yellow dot on the R&D platform, so I go in and that piece of shit Huey waves at me and continues being an asshole.
Like, what the fuck was the point of bring me back? So I can get saluted by some dickheads and have a shower? Am I missing interesting things or is the game just fucking with me to make me think MB is important when it's not.

PS
Yes I found Paz.

Soodanim

Was doing mission 8 or 9 earlier, whichever one has the timed first part. On my first run I decided to just
park a truck and wait for them to stop, then fulton the vehicles
. After a couple of goes I got that done perfectly with no kills/alerts and all vehicles done, then I got greedy and went to do the additional objectives. But of course I messed up, and restart from checkpoint put me at the very start of the mission. Livid. Went down the pub after that.

So after completing mission 43, now what happens? Nothing else has triggered after doing some side missions after. What am I missing?

I don't care for those extreme/total stealth missions. I don't have to do these do I?

Enco

3 hours in. Just got to the sea base.

No idea what the fuck is going on or who anyone is. I've played MGS1-4.

Movement seems really janky, Snake barely talks, and I'm a little confused with missions. For the first one
I picked up a document and it automatically added an objective marker as to where I had to go. No idea what the document said or anything. I tried to find the document (from the communications tower) in the menu and there was nothing there.
Weird.

Love the music though, and I can tell I'm going to have a lot of fun.

edit: also, those announcements every time I load the game suck.

Edzi

Alright, so I think last night I made it to around mission 39ish. Can someone give me an estimate for how much longer I have until I've beaten the game with the true ending? I was kinda hoping to finish it up tonight.

Alright, so I think last night I made it to around mission 39ish. Can someone give me an estimate for how much longer I have until I've beaten the game with the true ending? I was kinda hoping to finish it up tonight.

Sounds like a heck of a lot of grinding side missions by the looks of things.

Locust

Tips for mission 50!?
Any tips for when he does the spikes coming up from the ground attack?

Get a LAV and place yourself on any rock so that you can shoot upwards at the white pipes on its chest / back. If it does the thing that disables vehicles just wait it out and call in another after.

Is there a way to destroy stuff without c4? E.g. com links. Like a quieter way? :p
Would love to know this too.

Especially when it comes to Radar. Would be nice to take that thing down silently so you can extract via the chopper from the tougher bases without having to hoof it for a mile first.

When it comes to comms I make sure to C4 all of them before I move in - and then I trigger them if I get spotted.

Egg0

Banned
Need help with epidemic..
I've quarantined everyone who knows Kikongo, except 1 person because he's in the Brig. My guys are still dying. Does it count the dude in the Brig or am I off base with the Kikongo thing. If not, does that mean I have to wait for the guy to get out of the Brig?

Managed to S rank both Mission 18 and 19. Mission 18 was a lot tougher and I'm so glad I finally developed the tranq rifle w/suppressor for Quiet.

And it looks like people are forcefully being dismissed from my MB since I'm still at a constrained cap. It was bound to happen sooner or later

Top Bottom