• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Meier

Seems like this should be obvious, but even though I have developed up to the third helicopter, I can never seem to "equip" anything past the first. How do I do this?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
fTxEOd0.gif

I'll know to bring a shotgun with me next time if I want to complete Mission 20 again

Objective spoilers
Since there's an objective that says "Fought off the Man on Fire", should I have positioned him to fall into the reservoir?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Finally got a decent female soldier. Added bonus is that she has a really cool name.

I'll know to bring a shotgun with me next time if I want to complete Mission 20 again

Objective spoilers
Since there's an objective that says "Fought off the Man on Fire", should I have positioned him to fall into the reservoir?

you can toss him off the cliff by running a jeep into him. or a shotgun. You can also wait for it to rain

LeonSPBR

I have it removed, have max bond with Quiet, but still nothing, have everything else in the game done, no available missions, 133 side ops done, no more available at the minute. Strange, will reload it.

Yeah agreed there with REX, always loved the design of it. There's a version of Ray available in the new year, tempted to go for that too.... must resist.

Replay mission 43 without the butterfly emblem and maybe it'll trigger the side-ops 150.

Good luck resisting that. Just don't play any Metal Gear that Ray shows up and it'll be easier (not that much RAY is cool but REX is the best IMO).

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Apologies if this has already been covered in the thread -- is there any place online where one can buy the JF Rey custom MGS5 sunglasses? They're listed on Amazon by a third party but it looks a little shifty to me...

tensuke

Apologies if this has already been covered in the thread -- is there any place online where one can buy the JF Rey custom MGS5 sunglasses? They're listed on Amazon by a third party but it looks a little shifty to me...
I THINK the konami store sells them. Not 100%. Dat price though.

Aselith

Objective spoilers

You can do that or you can fulton him when you stun him with the water towers if you shoot Lil Mantis to make him go away

Just started chapter 2 and I think I missed something, why are there
Big Boss is watching you posters plastered all over MB
?

What gave them reason to believe that
someone among them is selling them out
?

Caode

Replay mission 43 without the butterfly emblem and maybe it'll trigger the side-ops 150.

Just did that. Didn't seem to work. I've checked numerous sources online and I've got everything in order it just doesn't seem to be working at all. Ugh...

Mikey Jr.

I'm on the verge of quitting this game. I cant believe how close I am.....

Mission 25 and up spoilers or whatever.

I have to quarantine some assholes who speak whatever. Except I have 500 guys. So I said "This is fucking stupid as shit" and I put them all in quarantine. Except now I lost everything. So I want to take them out. Except when I want to auto sort them back into their places, it doesn't. Just keeps them in quarantine.

So yeah, I'm on the verge of just going on youtube and watching the rest of the story. Kinda done with this.

TheXbox

I have to quarantine some assholes who speak whatever. Except I have 500 guys. So I said "This is fucking stupid as shit" and I put them all in quarantine. Except now I lost everything. So I want to take them out. Except when I want to auto sort them back into their places, it doesn't. Just keeps them in quarantine.

So yeah, I'm on the verge of just going on youtube and watching the rest of the story. Kinda done with this.
Here's a not so spoilery hint:
All of the infected speak Kikongo.
You shouldn't quit because the last few missions of Chapter 1 are some of the best. Stick with it.

Jolkien

Yeah that sucks especially since
you could've googled what language it targets. It's always the same.

Quiet Spoilers -
They had best patch Quiet back in after she leaves. Such bullshit. I know it's plot reasons but it's such a stupid decision in a sandbox game.

Cannot imagine doing Metallica Archaea on Extreme with an S Rank after that.

I bought the game yesterday and started playing today. I put about 6 hours in, but only did the first 5 story missions. Spent a lot of time doing side ops and messing around in the world. The gameplay is so satisfying.

There's a soldier at Mother Base who wants to touch the puppy's paw pads, because it's the best thing ever. I love this game.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Quiet Spoilers -
They had best patch Quiet back in after she leaves. Such bullshit. I know it's plot reasons but it's such a stupid decision in a sandbox game.

You can get S rank on that without Quiet and very easily.

Mission
, she was the prisoner in the village where
Eli
is.

It was a replay after finishing the main story.
As horrible as this sounds: yea, that's the best mission to farm female recruits. They sometimes have great stats and if not, just restart the mission and try again!
And you can beat up kids on that mission too if you're so inclined. Not that I would do something so horrible. -cough-

kris.

Banned
BOOOOOOOOO
So I decided to not shower for a few missions to try and get that one cutscene, did mission 23, and was clean as a whistle by the end of it. All that work for nothing. SIGH.

daveo42

Banned
Whelp...just got that scene with Quiet in Chapter 2:
It was absolutely absurd and looks liked she was rubbed down with oil instead of just wet. Speaking of wet...sex metaphor.

BOOOOOOOOO
So I decided to not shower for a few missions to try and get that one cutscene, did mission 23, and was clean as a whistle by the end of it. All that work for nothing. SIGH.

There's a stanky cutscene? Hmm...I guess I got some work cut out for me in Afghanistan.

Urthor

Quiet Spoilers -

D-Walker's firepower, and the semi-automatic 50 cal sniper from the roof get you there easy. It's not that hard of a mission, granted it's not a cakewalk.

Griss

Okay late game mission question: Mission 4
where you defend Quiet from Tanks.

Is this an infinite spawn thing? I've been firing rockets at these tanks for ages. Must have taken down 10 by now, plus a helicopter. Kaz has said 'no more reinforcements, you're nearly there... But I can fucking see more coming. I get to this 'end' each time, but they just wear me down. I'm only on my third attempt, but my first two took like 45 minutes each so I don't want to do this hopelessly.

Also, is there ANY way to flank the enemy here? Once I got lucky with a sandstorm and fultoned two tanks, but mostly I'm resigned to hitting the armour at the front of the far tanks, which does almost no damage. Only saving grace is that Quiet doesn't seem to get hit a lot in this fight. It's not a hard fight (like the fucking skulls), it feels easy! It's just expensive and takes forever, to the point you get bored and make a mistake.

Top Bottom