• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

I just lost 15750 fuel because of my fucking FOB? What a load of bullshit. The invasion occurred when I was asleep, so of course I couldn't defend against it and now my most precious unprocessed material is gone.

I was under the impression that the materials with the globe next to them were up for grabs during FOB invasions, because those are the ones that are mined and processed separately from your Mother Base.
mgsvtpp_2015_09_12_14_40_15_494_by_realghostvids-d999ftj.jpg

Apparently that's not the case :(

synce

I hated this too.
Kojima is a person who realises the little things, like the things people listed in the "MGSV - The little gameplay details that caught your attention" thread.
I'm surprised he didn't realise how unfriendly that solder listing is.

Just hold square and down, it selects everyone. I quarantined the entire base, and yes it's a pretty stupid moment in the game. It had plenty though. For every 1 thing it did right it 3 things wrong.

My interest is dropping and I'm only on mission 15. Same thing that happens with all these types of games where the main story is interrupted by a quadrillion side missions and maps full of icons.

I'm not even trying for stealth anymore just running into bases guns blazing lol. First time a MGS has ever gotten boring

Just going to do nothing but main missions and hope things get much better

grimmiq

Its so sad because if chapter 2 was more fleshed out and various plot lines tied up, the game could have been amazing.

Up until chapter 2 I thought the game was a solid 10. When your games ending is so rushed and forced that you have people not even knowing if they beat the game or not, something is VERY wrong. Game is a 7.5/8 now.

What a botch.

People would have probably be less pissed off at how it ended if Kojima had skipped the last
Quiet side-op and mission
and finished mission 51 instead. They created and tied up a plot point in 2 missions, would have been better to tie off several with mission 51.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
god, what the fuck is up with mission 45.

This feels fucking endless and if you die you have to start back towards the beginning. wtf. And why is most everything a one hit kill. How long does this go on for?

Edit: finally beat. Worst mission in the game by far up to this point

Funnily enough, I just replayed that mission and it became piss easy once I realized what to expect and prep/act accordingly.

Just hold square and down, it selects everyone. I quarantined the entire base, and yes it's a pretty stupid moment in the game. It had plenty though. For every 1 thing it did right it 3 things wrong.

There's no point if you just
quarantine everyone, though. You're still keeping the infected in with the non-infected, you've only moved them all to a different base. Might as well just not quarantine anyone at all.

Xanathus

I just lost 15750 fuel because of my fucking FOB? What a load of bullshit. The invasion occurred when I was asleep, so of course I couldn't defend against it and now my most precious unprocessed material is gone.

I was under the impression that the materials with the globe next to them were up for grabs during FOB invasions, because those are the ones that are mined and processed separately from your Mother Base.

Apparently that's not the case :(
At a glance, it looks like you lost track of how much unprocessed fuel you had on Mother base and it was all processed.

was driving fast and blind in a sandstorm haha wasn't even considering there'd be oncoming traffic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSREypFSCs8

just a general jump out and shoot, nothing special ;p it scared the eff out of me playing in the dark at 3am though lol

//edit// oh, and I am loving the Riot Gun lol pelting people into KOs with plastic bullets just has some sort of satisfying audio feedback to it :p

At a glance, it looks like you lost track of how much unprocessed fuel you had on Mother base and it was all processed.

In the FOB log it said that the invader took 15750 fuel, along with some soldiers. I'm honestly not even sure how much fuel I had unprocessed but I find it ridiculous that it's now zero.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
SPOILER!!!!!!
Wow, Kojima you sneaky bastard..
I'm doing a side mission and was called back to Motherbase and was surprised by everybody with a Happy Birthday Bash and cake. Today was my BD 9/12.
Got a little teary eye.....Thank You Kojima San.

It has become incredibly frustrating trying to get the last couple story missions unlocked. I've looked up guides, have seemingly done everything, and nothing.

Edit: Specifically,
I can't seem to get the cutscene where Huey gets exiled to trigger. Have done 85% of side ops, listened to all the cassettes, and done every story mission up to this point that was marked yellow

daveo42

Banned
So I got my stank on too from being out in the field...
Kojima a real fucking perv. God damn at some of them soldier comments during the show scene...

insta29d079.gif

Does anyone have any strategies for S ranking mission 42 without quiet?

Also, Why is a full team of A++ soldiers only getting a 53% success probability on an S rank difficulty.

Decided to use a S+ combat member while freeroaming, immediately went back to the ACC when I couldn't run for more than 3 seconds without her gasping for air, lol. Not something I want to constantly listen to.

Xanathus

In the FOB log it said that the invader took 15750 fuel, along with some soldiers. I'm honestly not even sure how much fuel I had unprocessed but I find it ridiculous that it's now zero.
Can you screenshot that? The reward for successfully invading is nowhere near that amount of fuel, and fultoning canisters only takes unprocessed.

so the other night I decided to try an Online dispatch mission without really checking the duration, and then I logged in the next night....

ivemadeahugemistake dot gif

thing is barely halfway done and wants that RMT currency to insta-finish lol so i can't do SP dispatches until the next day ;p

i always read the generic story descriptions just to try enjoy the setting/theme of the game more, but i'll be making sure to double check those duration minutes in the future haha

//ARCANUM

Ok I'm super confused. I just tried side op 152 (the target practice R&d platform one). It wouldn't let me select any weapons at all.... Like they all had the cross through them.... I started the mission and all I could do was punch targets... But it's impossible to complete without shooting. Like some targets you can't even get close enough to punch... Ummm what do I do here?

Edit - wait I think it's a bug. The mission doesn't give me the load out screen and I didn't have my tranq gun equipped previously and the mission requires non lethal weapons. Lol so I literally couldn't use any weapons. Wow. What dumb programming to allow that to happen lol.

//ARCANUM

I am missing 4 practice targets on the side ops motherbase target practice on R&D platform.

Any ideas on where these four could be? I get everything at the start to the side and underneath the helipad which are easy to miss.

Mission descriptions tells you non lethal weapons only. Equip tranq gun

Lol yeah I just figured that out. The odd thing is the mission doesn't give me a load out screen. So I have to go do another mission first and then come back lol.

LeonSPBR

Does anyone have any strategies for S ranking mission 42 without quiet?

Also, Why is a full team of A++ soldiers only getting a 53% success probability on an S rank difficulty.

Max the gatling gun on D-Walker. He becomes a beast with it.

Because the enemy has A++ or A+ on their team and they are more numerous.

How do you increase the number of Combat Units you can send out at once? I can still only send 2 even though I just created a 3rd combat platform. I thought for sure that was the way to do, especially with the word 'dispatch' highlighted in yellow in the Base description, but obviously not.

Can you screenshot that? The reward for successfully invading is nowhere near that amount of fuel, and fultoning canisters only takes unprocessed.

Sure.
mgsvtpp_2015_09_12_15_24_38_741_by_realghostvids-d999jld.jpg

I don't know if I'm misreading the information or not, frankly I find the FOB to be pretty confusing. I also seem to just have a shitload of material containers and decent soldiers on my Support Unit just waiting to be taken, I guess.
wtf_by_realghostvids-d999kh9.jpg

Even though I have everyone set to be D ranked on these structures it doesn't seem to matter. I really have no idea how to properly control any of this.

Thank you. Should you cover it under spoiler tag so other player who haven't reach their
BD
will be super surprised.

Woops, good call. At least it isn't as bad as when a person on GAF posted a picture of it in the spoiler free impressions thread shortly before the game was officially released. Since that thread was specifically for people who hadn't gotten it early, it spoiled that big time for me. The "Phantom Pain" :'(

I expected a little bit more from the game, story wise :/ Especially considering that it's tied with 3D World as the highest reviewed games of this generation (and I LOVED 3D World). Oh well, the gameplay and environments were cool though. As it stands, however, The Witcher and Splatoon were better games than MGS for me this year (and they are the only 3 new games I've purchased so far).

malfcn

Heh? It shows every time when you fulton something out. Bottom left corner.

Before?

And there is no mission in my list for the power plant, but I can head there in free roam. Is that how it's supposed to be?

Oh is a side op. Yellow is required by story I suppose.

Chariot

Sure.
mgsvtpp_2015_09_12_15_24_38_741_by_realghostvids-d999jld.jpg

I don't know if I'm misreading the information or not, frankly I find the FOB to be pretty confusing. I also seem to just have a shitload of material containers and decent soldiers on my Support Unit just waiting to be taken, I guess.
wtf_by_realghostvids-d999kh9.jpg

Even though I have everyone set to be D ranked on these structures it doesn't seem to matter. I really have no idea how to properly control any of this.
I keep telling people: build a strong defense. If the inader fultons your guards he gets the EEEEEE guys, but reaching the goal gives him 10 random guys from the whole pool of people who are not under direct contract.

Put all your S soldiers om direct contract and build the best defense, especially if you eant to ignore the FOB.

Steroyd

How do you increase the number of Combat Units you can send out at once? I can still only send 2 even though I just created a 3rd combat platform. I thought for sure that was the way to do, especially with the word 'dispatch' highlighted in yellow in the Base description, but obviously not.

Get more FOB's. You only get one for free so if you want to increase that any further you'll need to shell out real money, such utter bullshit.

I keep telling people: build a strong defense. If the inader fultons your guards he gets the EEEEEE guys, but reaching the goal gives him 10 random guys from the whole pool of people who are not under direct contract.

Put all your S soldiers om direct contract and build the best defense, especially if you eant to ignore the FOB.

Okay, that's some good advice. Thank you!

Edit: Especially since GMP is easy to come by thanks to selling plants.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Woops, good call. At least it isn't as bad as when a person on GAF posted a picture of it in the spoiler free impressions thread shortly before the game was officially released. Since that thread was specifically for people who hadn't gotten it early, it spoiled that big time for me. The "Phantom Pain" :'(

Yikes, sorry to hear about it. Thats why I stay far away from any spoiler threads because its Metal Gear and Kojima game. There's always something unique game design from the master troll himself.

Question: Do they only take guards that are on your security team, or can they take guards that are in your mother base under combat or R&D, etc?

Should I only put guards on security under direct contract?

Cutreman

Neo Member
Game beaten, but I miss two things, non-story related.

-How can I choose the music for the chopper? I bought the speaker in R&D early-mid game but I never knew how to access to it. In GZ you did it via iDroid, next to music cassetes.
-Same with the weapon customization. I am seeing crazy stuff mixing weapons but I don't have that option in customize.

Game beaten, but I miss two things, non-story related.

-How can I choose the music for the chopper? I bought the speaker in R&D early-mid game but I never knew how to access to it. In GZ you did it via iDroid, next to music cassetes.
-Same with the weapon customization. I am seeing crazy stuff mixing weapons but I don't have that option in customize.

When selecting some tapes, you can press Square to set the music for the chopper.

For the customisation, need to do the
Legendary Gunsmith side-ops

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Or just back up your save when you're done for the day. Someone invaded you while you were offline? The game lets you know/syncs?

*yawn and reupload backed up save* "Enjoy my S+'s dudes. You didn't steal shit from me." *continues to play the game as if invasion never happened*

Griss

god, what the fuck is up with mission 45.

This feels fucking endless and if you die you have to start back towards the beginning. wtf. And why is most everything a one hit kill. How long does this go on for?

Edit: finally beat. Worst mission in the game by far up to this point

I beat it earlier too. It took some time, but it was no mission 16. That one was (and is) balls-out crazy. Beat it once, can't beat it again. Mission 45 just required a bit of patience, other than that it was easy.

Top Bottom