• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Oh, the stories about checkpoint problems I had with this game...

It's completely broken. I don't know if this a PS4 issue (I played in the PS4 as well), but damn. I feel your pain.

Sigh. Thanks for confirming. Maybe I'll just sit on this for a week and hope that they send out an update fix.

Alienous

how exactly is the Metal Gear Online multiplayer going to work?...the game is based on stealth so how would multiplayer matches work?...doesn't seem like they would be able to keep the stealth aspect and would have to make it a typical FPS MP

Look up footage of MGO1 or MGO2 to get a sense of how it might work.

Alo0oy

Banned
Hey man, I'm mixed/impartial/ok about it too and I still get to have my fun in that thread :)

But yeah, it's not the most positive thread right now either and also, you yourself would be surprised by what you find there info wise.

I might read it for a bit tomorrow, but I don't think I'll post there, I might find some cool things I missed there, I guess.

I think most people now are just shaking their head at some of the decisions after cooling down and
lamenting that the game isn't finished

Who knows, I might change my opinion later too, but I don't really mind it as of right now.

tuxfool

Banned
I have a mixed opinion on it, but I don't really mind it, if people are being pissy in the spoilers thread, then I'd rather not go there.

Nah, nobody seems angry. It is just that somebody with an unequivocal hyped like of the story, might get rubbed the wrong way.

Zemm

Mission 29 was so horrible, i can't even... What were they thinking when they designed it?

Got an S anyway, i don't want to see that thing ever again

Hope mission 30 is good

Mission 29 is the worst thing I've played in any MGS game, I'd knock a point off any score I give this game just for that mission. Fucking awful.

SRG01

I need some help again, regarding one of the combat deployments:
I need more Stout IFVs, where can I fulton some of them? I sent my troops on that mission, but they lost and thus lost my only one and I can't remember where I fultoned my last one...

Mission 29 is the worst thing I've played in any MGS game, I'd knock a point off any score I give this game just for that mission. Fucking awful.

I agree,
the only way I beat it was to cheese it by climbing onto the roof of the hangar

SJRB

Gold Member

Yup, it's dogshit. But easy to cheese:
take D-Walker as a buddy [preferably with the upgraded ammo for the minigun], wear the Battle Dress and bring a shield. You're basically invincible. Make sure you keep D-Walker moving, and avoid the red mist because that will corrode and destroy D-walker.

gdt

Can someone explain something in a non spoilery way?

Regarding Quiet:

Apparently I can lose her later? I know I need an emblem of some sort to stop that....how do i get it and what do I do with it?

Venom Fox

Banned
http://webm.host/312b2/vid.webm
yR8S4SQ.jpg

Regarding Quiet:

Apparently I can lose her later? I know I need an emblem of some sort to stop that....how do i get it and what do I do with it?

You need to change your emblem logo to Butterfly
. At least that's what everyone told me to do and all is fine so far by Mission 30.

KarmaCow

Regarding Quiet:

Have her do all the heavy lifting a few missions/side ops in a row. It should net you the Butterfly ranking after completing a mission and the associated emblem. Then once you get that,
just use it as the front logo design. If you do that before completing mission 41, it won't continue her story line, locking the associated missions from popping and you can continue with the rest of the game. Her story mission is independent from the main story missions so you'll only skip that instead of blocking progression through the rest of the story. Once you want to do her story mission, just change your emblem.

Serpico99

It was a little rough and required a few tries. Luckily I just went through a souls/bloodborne marathon and was prepared for this fight.
LMGs and Assault rifle with grenade launcher attachment is the way to go. Just run for the buildings and kite them around in circles.

Gvitor

Regarding Quiet:

In Chapter 2 a side-quest will trigger after I while (I believe if you have max bond with her), and going into this side-quest will trigger her mission. You can do that at any point in the game, but when the side-quest appears, you can't use her as a buddy any longer.

To avoid that, equip a Butterfly emblem (go into the ACC, mother base tab, customize->emblem->front and change it into a butterfly). If you don't have it, you have to play 3 missions where Quiet does the most tranq/kills. Go to the White Mamba chapter (I believe it's the 23rd), set her to provide cover and rush in to the boss.

Scavenger

Did a quick search online and apparently I really can't get back to MB after I started mission 45. If that really is the case, I don't even know how to begin my complaints.

Thankfully I can restart the mission and there's a quiet area to wait for some upgrades and development, so I'll give it one more shot with a different RL as soon as it's complete.

But good god.
You can go back to the ACC by fulton extracting yourself with a container.

KarmaCow

How do I get better suppressors?

Look through the respective weapon list. Once you finish researching it, you'll unlock the suppressor to use in customization. Even the second level of suppressors are pretty late game stuff though and I think only the pistol gets a infinite durability suppressor.

Isotope

I'm going crazy on how to unlock Missions
45 and 46

I've done everything I can think of. Have Quiet maxed out, no Butterfly Emblem, etc.. The only thing I haven't been able to do is trigger the cutscene where Huey gets exiled. How the hell do I activate this cutscene?

I'm going crazy on how to unlock Missions
45 and 46

I've done everything I can think of. Have Quiet maxed out, no Butterfly Emblem, etc.. The only thing I haven't been able to do is trigger the cutscene where Huey gets exiled. How the hell do I activate this cutscene?

Side ops. Go do them

Scavenger

Ok I have to try this. If this works my anger will cease. I'll still think it's a stupid decision, but it'll be so cool lol.
There should be a container next to the large building. Stand on top of the container, fulton extract the container, then press and hold the same button to grab onto the balloon. Mission 45 will not be on the mission list, you have to redo side ops 150.

Ratrat

It was pretty fun for me. Is this one of those it's too hard!! complaints? They are really easy to counter. You can probably beat them by just doing that the whole fight, or the dozen other ways people have mentioned.

Branson

Its crazy to me im only on mission like 19 and there is so much more to go. Love this game so much. 34 hours of amazing so far, I feel so behind but fuck it. You guys beat the game fast haha.

KarmaCow

Repeating older missions. Not sure if I can do this...

You don't need to, do the side ops marked important instead.

And I need to know about this.

I'm assuming that if I dismiss a interpreter, the associated side op will pop back up again? They, along with some R&D people and GZ save transfer staff are starting to significantly impact the level of their respective divisions. If I dismiss GZ staff, will they come back at a higher level? If not, can I have them just languish in the waiting room or does that eventually get auto purged if they are never assigned to staff?

I haven't ever played a metal gear solid game. This looks pretty fun, how enjoyable would it be for a newb like me? Thinking about picking it up.

SJRB

Gold Member
I haven't ever played a metal gear solid game. This looks pretty fun, how enjoyable would it be for a newb like me? Thinking about picking it up.

95% of the story and many of the gameplay concepts will go over your head. If anything, invest 2 hours of your time in playing Ground Zeroes first.

Top Bottom