• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Griss

I'm on mission 4
now, are you fucking kidding me with this bullshit?
I have to play the tutorial again, with button prompts and everything? Why the FUCK would anyone ever think this is a good idea?

At least it reminded me that
Quiet murdered innocent nurses and doctors and deserved to die, so I was right to jump right into the mission where she's killed without a care in the world. Fuck you Quiet, enjoy the desert.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Don't know if this was answered yet, but anyone knows what's the crazy formula for the daily login bonus of 09/19?

akira28

I didn't know that deliberately fultoning soldiers to their deaths gave demon points, but I should have expected them to close that loophole.

Now it doesn't say anything about feeding enemies to wolves or bears though.

It's at 191250

Heroism points and Demon points are different. Apparently you have to dispose of 10 nukes to lower your demon points by 30,000. Or you can save animals, or save Skull squad members, or save children. By Helicopter for extra points.

sn00zer

I love how hard this game makes me think. Really just constantl looking over my shoulder, carefully planning and executing infiltration. this may have the best game play of an TPS or action adventure game ever. The stuff not directly related to gameplay though is really hit or miss which is a shame.

KorrZ

Wow, mission 43.

That was pretty heavy, much more than I expected it to be. When you walk into the one room with all of the infected soliders, and they go "It's the Boss!" and salute you. That actually made me feel terrible.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
I didn't know that deliberately fultoning soldiers to their deaths gave demon points, but I should have expected them to close that loophole.

Now it doesn't say anything about feeding enemies to wolves or bears though.

Heroism points and Demon points are different. Apparently you have to dispose of 10 nukes to lower your demon points by 30,000. Or you can save animals, or save Skull squad members, or save children. By Helicopter for extra points.

Huh. Welp, did not know that. Thank you.

Randam

I fucking hate mission
. I'm trying to get a S for it, but the goddam guard at the end always spot me......

you just need to be quick for the S ranking.

mission 9 I got spotted a couple of times and killed almost everyone, still got a S rank.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I've always used the rocket arm because it's funny but it wasn't until I started doing the total stealth missions that I realized how absolutely over powered it really is.

It insta stuns anyone it touches and on top of that it apparently makes ZERO SOUND.

When you fire it no one hears it, when it knocks people out no one seems to hear it, it only makes sound when you pump into a wall.

Majine

Banned
I feel like I fucked myself by not listening to the tapes as they come in. Now it's been mounting up towards it being a goddamn mess. Wish I could load everything to my phone and listen to it on my commutes or something.

I feel like I fucked myself by not listening to the tapes as they come in. Now it's been mounting up towards it being a goddamn mess. Wish I could load everything to my phone and listen to it on my commutes or something.

No kidding, I didn't really care to listen to them, before I knew it I had over 95 tapes to listen to. No thanks.

PensOwl

Banned
I am I only one that can't hide in trucks? Everytime, driving past an outpost, hold down A going past well before any suspicion marker shows up, and bam. Alert. It seems way more sensitive than Ground Zeroes

sn00zer

This would have been perfect as a companion app

I've always used the rocket arm because it's funny but it wasn't until I started doing the total stealth missions that I realized how absolutely over powered it really is.

It insta stuns anyone it touches and on top of that it apparently makes ZERO SOUND.

When you fire it no one hears it, when it knocks people out no one seems to hear it, it only makes sound when you pump into a wall.
It's the best in reflex mode "RRROOOOOOOCCKKKEEETT PUUUUUUUUUUUNCHHHH"

KarmaCow

Any tips for Mission 16? I'm stuck at the end.

You can just peace after fultoning the truck and ride away with D-Horse. The Skulls take a bit to actually start coming after you so if you're fast you can fulton the truck without even getting hit.

Alternatively,
if the truck is with the tanks, jump into a tank and just demolish all the skulls.

The easiest way
is to run directly to the truck at the beginning, it's always in the airport. There's a little gap in the way you can climb over near the left of the airport that puts right you behind the truck and then you can run out to the right.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Any tips for Mission 16? I'm stuck at the end.

How I did it was wait until the convoy left and sniped the driver of the truck. I snuck and fultoned both tanks, and then the skulls came out. I was still hidden and laid smokes up to the truck (after they walked away a bit), fultoned the truck, and crawled back to safety.

Kuro

That spoiler thread's title feels like its a spoiler in itself because there's all sorts of conclusions I can draw from it. I need to just rush through this game now because of being bombarded with spoilers everywhere.

Jarrod38

Got S rank on missions 16 and 17.
Zod4mv9.gif

Holy shit this (Quiet spoilers)
mission where I have to go get her in Afghanistan and get attacked by about 1,000 tanks is fucking terrible. If only it would let me back out of it and get D Walker but nope. Bullshit.

The amount of fuel and minor metal resources I need has skyrocketed, I'm a meant to do something else besides collect the small containers worth of this stuff?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
What's the fastest way to increase R&D Team Level. I need it so I can create a rocket launchers for mission

Capture dudes and expand platforms.

I feel like I must be overdoing the base building, all my units are around level 20 or higher and I haven't even done Mission 8 or 9 yet (did 10).

What's the fastest way to increase R&D Team Level. I need it so I can create a rocket launchers for mission

You can use any weapon that can destroy tanks, I used a grenade launcher which can be developed at an earlier time. Besides that I don't think there's a fast way of raising R&D at that point, you just have to fulton soldiers.

RS4-

Aside from extracting people that have good stats for r&d, you'd have to upgrade the platform to allow more staff in it. You can only do so much if you're capped at 20 or whatever.

Upgrading the command? platform only gives you a small cap upgrade, but that affects all platforms.

mission where I have to go get her in Afghanistan and get attacked by about 1,000 tanks is fucking terrible. If only it would let me back out of it and get D Walker but nope. Bullshit.

No seriously fuck this. What a load of bullshit. Gotten killed from a tank 200m away covered in dust 4 times in a row.

bryt

I just replayed Mission 28 and when you're carrying Code Talker outside of the mansion, they are saying Skull Face's plan is to get rid of every language EXCEPT English. I thought Skull Face's plan was to get rid of only English. Am I just totally misunderstanding things? I've only played up to Mission 34.

Majine

Banned
No kidding, I didn't really care to listen to them, before I knew it I had over 95 tapes to listen to. No thanks.

I can muster to listen to them but I don't think there is ample moments to do it in the game. When I'm sneaking and have to take 18 things into account at the same time I don't want important story bits in my ears. And you can't listen to them during loading screens, lol.

Frankly I think the system is bad. Yes, codec calls needed to get replaced, but this doesn't feel better. It feels separated and clunky.

Gvitor

Hello kind sir, welcome to hell.

This mission is almost the only thing I did all afternoon.

WGMBY

I can muster to listen to them but I don't think there is ample moments to do it in the game. When I'm sneaking and have to take 18 things into account at the same time I don't want important story bits in my ears. And you can't listen to them during loading screens, lol.

Frankly I think the system is bad. Yes, codec calls needed to get replaced, but this doesn't feel better. It feels separated and clunky.
I try to sneak them in at the beginning or end of a mission, but it's still a lot to stay on top of.

I just replayed Mission 28 and when you're carrying Code Talker outside of the mansion, they are saying Skull Face's plan is to get rid of every language EXCEPT English. I thought Skull Face's plan was to get rid of only English. Am I just totally misunderstanding things? I've only played up to Mission 34.
Big spoilers
That was Cypher's(zero's) plan, Skullface developed the English strain in secret, even behind Cypher's back

Mupod

I thought the 'tap LB for exposition on what you're targeting' was a fine streamlined replacement for the interactions in codec calls. But outside of a couple in main story missions you run out of those very quickly. I understand they can't have the sheer density in GZ throughout TPP but man you can only hear about A SOVIET SOLDIER so many times before you stop hitting that button.

Top Bottom