• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

NIN90

Mission 21 can suck a dick. Looks like there's not a single checkpoint in the entire mission. Must have burned at least 3 hours so far trying to do no kill/no alarm.

lawnchair

Banned
for anyone curious (nobody) i fixed my freeze-up iDroid issue .. it was still trying to tutorialize me on how to do dispatch missions (even tho i had already sent people out on dispatch .. ) and all i had to do was click through and send out another dispatch mission. it simply wouldn't let me out until i did that. so there you have the exciting finish to my rage filled saga. thank you for briefly scanning my venting a couple of pages back, dear, sweet neogaf.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Is there a downside to playing as other characters besides BB for Side Ops? Or am I okay to play with whatever character I want?

They still call you Boss and they can have some different perks like speed boosts and such. Also you get a trophy!

Welp. I'm 99% sure I can no longer complete all the tasks. Mission 12, you have to
"Secure Glamor Model (Vertical) poster at Central Base Camp"
and it's not there after grabbing it when I was free roaming the place. It didn't respawn I'm hoping it's just a time thing like containers but judging by all the other glitches in the game...

Question about one of the buddies. No mission specific spoilers.

I just did a side-op and Quiet stayed close to the landing point for the entire thing. Was this just a case of a weird location or did I do something wrong?

Question about one of the buddies. No mission specific spoilers.

I just did a side-op and Quiet stayed close to the landing point for the entire thing. Was this just a case of a weird location or did I do something wrong?

use the idroid to direct her to another position

Aces&Eights

Getting ready to start mission 15. The credits say something about
children
. I've read some groaning about this one, any tips?

EDIT: Is it possible to over level yourself? I have done all SideOps, like twice, and all other missions plus a shit ton of free roam stuff. Got about 3 mil in GMP and my mother base depts are all being built to have 3rd tier. I've keep going back to previous missions to S rank them and get all objectives but I'm thinking I might be unlocking good gear too early.

sn00zer

Episode 20
Fuuuuuuck that Silent Hills tease on the radio followed by the very Silent Hill next area fog, radios, body bags....everything...... god dammit

Aces&Eights

I think there is more to it than that. I got some points for capturing all animals for example

Oh, hey, about those animals. Once you have the large cage, where do you set it down? Is there certain areas for the animals? I have some that I can't find anywhere. Have about 1000 gerbils and sheep, though.

krossj

Misson 31 was awesome even though i died multiple times. It makes up for mission 29 which had some serious bullshit going on.

Following the marker to the side op which becomes available after
mission 10 and how it flowed up to the end of mission 13
was probably my favourite section of the game so far. It just had a great balance of gameplay, story and exploration for me. Wish more of the game was structured like this.

Looking forward to chapter 2 but weary after all the complaints of
repeat content

Oh, hey, about those animals. Once you have the large cage, where do you set it down? Is there certain areas for the animals? I have some that I can't find anywhere. Have about 1000 gerbils and sheep, though.

this isnt the guide that I used, but its probably the best one. Some of the rarer animals have to be caught in specific parts with the traps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEzPe4lioso

I ended with hundreds of Gerbils probably. Some of the common animals were harder to find than the uncommon ones

Gvitor

Finally did mission 45. I restarted the mission a couple of hours ago and rested at the starting point, then developed a lot of stuff in MB. The main RL 4* upgrade took 40min... The RNG also worked better this time, there wasn't any sandstorm. Still a bullshit mission.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Can anyone answer this question of mine, honestly I'm not sure if it's been asked before as I haven't been following this thread. Any who, so I'm in staff management and I'm scrolling through my recruits/captures/soldiers/whatever and some of them have green bars on top of their blue bars that are a graphical measure of their abilities. Is that meant to show their progression or is that guess entirely wrong. I don't think it was explained in-game. Thanks in advance.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Just use the D-walker equipped with a gattling gun, and
avoid the mist

The mission is over in like 5 minutes.

D-Walker
with with Gatling Gun Upgrade melts them.

Really? I just used
Quiet with the anti-Material Rifle
, that and
your own Brennan Anti-Material Rifle
will #REKTITRALPH them.

Finalow

that mission 46, damn. to be honest I liked the huge twist. / as first impression after finishing it, afraid to think too much about it.

really sucks that they didn't care to give the game an actual ending, I just saw what was supposed to be the last mission on youtube. however if it was supposed to be only that I think it would have still left a lot of stuff untold.

probably going to stop playing this game until MGO comes out, grinding side ops or mother base stuff is just not fun.

edit/ I think I'll switch to the spoiler thread from now on.

tl;dr about this game - great gameplay but the rest more or less sucked, lots of problems etc. so yeah, disappointed. 10/10 reviews should be hilarious to read at this point.

Top Bottom