• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

IMG_4627_zpsp1ngkull.jpg

Peace Walker/MGSV in a nutshell.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
It's mission 29 where I shouldn't use Quiet, right? Because my game my stop working, I mean.

I feel like I fucked myself by not listening to the tapes as they come in. Now it's been mounting up towards it being a goddamn mess. Wish I could load everything to my phone and listen to it on my commutes or something.

Don't blame yourself, blame the game for giving you barely any in the early going and then dumping dozens and dozens on you right at the end of the game. How it expects you to plough through all that stuff when you're right at the pointy end of the story is beyond me.

Replaying a lot of missions and I wish a patch would introduce a few options:

- Skip helicopter ride
- Auto-skip cutscenes

Having to suffer through the cutscenes the first time is bad enough but mashing start waiting for the skip option gets infuriating.

And while Kojima's writing/directing has gotten better from the previous game, it's still pretty much shit.

malfcn

I have the first 11 missions done and there is nothing else "to do"

I find it odd that I have to drop into free roam to see side-ops to have a new mission appear.

Can anybody help me with this mission? Honestly, the mission structure is pretty much bullshit I forget the number of the mission, but it is in the 50s (I think 43?) and it goes from a side-op mission to a main mission. Is the kind of mission that you start in the middle of the situation instead of dropping in.

This is the mission when you help to recover Quiet and a dozen tanks come and attack you. This mission is pure bullshit, IMO. It's simply not fun and the chance for failure is so immediate. Everything I try, the tank will eventually one-shot me. What also sucks is that I cannot redeploy with new gear. I literally can do absolutely nothing in this game until I beat this mission. So that means every time I fail, I have to supply drop the gear I want. Any tips?

Use an air support bombardment thing for each of the two tanks that can one shot you at the end.

I blew up the artillery APCs with a launcher and fultoned the APCs that carry troops.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh nevermind, just S-ranked mission 29. Wasn't that bad.
I feel bad for those who didn't upgrade D-Walker.

mission 29
was epic as fuck, and 31 was even more epic. probably the the most amazing boss battle in a video game ever to me. LOL @ people saying there are no boss battles in this game.

missions 28-31 were off the charts incredible from front to back

SRTtoZ

Ah. Is it hard to get? Considered cheating?

It only has 2 charges at first and has a short duration, and you can only get an A rank and below. Not cheating to me, I use it for fun now and again because I can care less about ratings, but its a cool gadget to have.

Portugeezer

So can you use inverted controls for the rocket thingy without messing up the rest of the controls? Any sort of flying thing feels better inverted.

You can see what you need for it in your Development page. It also limits your mission rank to A.

It only has 2 charges at first and has a short duration, and you can only get an A rank and below. Not cheating to me, I use it for fun now and again because I can care less about ratings, but its a cool gadget to have.

Thanks guys

Sorry for all the questions. It's been since Metal Gear Solid 3 came out that I've really played a Metal Gear game, outside of bits of 4 and Peace Walker. I was renting too many games when 4 came out, so it fell into the abyss I call a backlog, and my plans to play through it over the years haven't come to fruition yet.

Peace Walker was not for me.

I want to beat this one while it's still new and fresh, and because I feel it's my duty as a gamer. But I'm not great at or well-versed in this series anymore. My goal is completion, I could give a shit about rankings. Though I've gotten As and Bs somehow, despite killing a ton of bad guys and sucking.

nightvision + air support is a lot of fun :D

feels like that one blackhawk down scene haha machine gunners suppressing me so i throw a air support smoke and the pilot says stay clear boss we coming in hot

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I like Troy Baker's Texas accent, it sounds pretty natural. He really doesn't seem like the Ocelot from MGS, but I can see the character adapting.

Okay, so google has me still somewhat confused on the requirements for
the secret/true ending

Do I have to upgrade every mother base platform to 4/4?

Do I have to do the extreme/subsistence/total stealth missions?

Okay, so google has me still somewhat confused on the requirements for
the secret/true ending

Do I have to upgrade every mother base platform to 4/4?

Do I have to do the extreme/subsistence/total stealth missions?

No.

No.

Just do side ops and new missions marked with a gold circle next to them will pop up in your missions/side ops menu. Just do those as they show up and when no new ones are showing up, go back to doing more side ops until they do.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Are there any missions that are easy S-ranks using Quiet? I'm about to activate Mission 45, and
take off my Butterfly Emblem, but I want to make sure that I do everything I should with her before ending her arc.

Any where you extract targets and want people to be distracted while you run past.

If you don't really use/abuse her:
Do what you want. You can still finish the game/mission 46 if you plan to delay her leave.

No.

No.

Just do side ops and new missions marked with a gold circle next to them will pop up in your missions/side ops menu. Just do those as they show up and when no new ones are showing up, go back to doing more side ops until they do.

I have no more side-ops, I have no more main-missions. I have 2 more platforms to 4/4. I still haven't unlocked that. I'm wondering if it's
tapes needing to be heard, which oh god 99 tapes
or
bugged out because I used Quiet with her anti-material rifle to help me speed through mission 49 Extreme in literally five minutes or so with both of us using the anti-material rifles on the Skulls.
Though according to Konami's update, that shouldn't have effected my save file
and even if it did, it would've wiped my save
so uh... I dunno.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm I'm not exactly sure about the bug. But I accidentally used her during that mission and my save file was not corrupted.

Urgh double post x.x

Better to be sure, rather than lose 40 hours of progress.
Plus I had to use D-Walker if I wanted to survive.

Top Bottom