• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Hypron

Shiiit I started Mission 29 with Quiet as my buddy. I realised my mistake straight away and returned to the ACC as soon as I could. Is my game fucked or am I going to be all right? I'm >60 hours into the game....

Rizzi

I invaded a few people's FOB. Not quite sure how this all works, but stealing other people's shit is a concept I can get behind.

Is there any reliable way to back up and restore save games on PC?

You can duplicate files and save them in another directory, but as the save gets uploaded online, does it then know if you try to revert and override your local save files?

Edit: would first deleting save game data from within TPP work, then replace the files in the Steam directory with backed up save files? Anyone tried?

Xemnas89

So about a story thread involving the medical base
How many wondering mother base missions are there before the Paz story concludes? I just did the seventh and got a cutscene where she's not reacting to anything and her wound is reopened.

Recall

I had to extract a translator, the Fulton failed. Have I locked myself out of side content now?

Also the loading times while in online mode are too long compared to offline mode.

SJRB

Gold Member
How many wondering mother base missions are there before the Paz story concludes? I just did the seventh and got a cutscene where she's not reacting to anything and her wound is reopened.

There are
10 Wandering MSF Soldier
missions.

smashism

accidentally ran into
paz
while fucking around on the
medical
platform looking for diamonds. 2 questions, while trying to keep it spoilerish free:

1. Are there interiors to every platform?
2. Any major mother base plot points im missing by not exploring?

edit:

Whoops. same questions.

Yesterday I stopped playing just to go outside and have lunch, and then something in the corner of my eye grabbed my attention...

2tfvoZS.jpg

KHlover

Banned
Is there any reliable way to back up and restore save games on PC?

You can duplicate files and save them in another directory, but as the save gets uploaded online, does it then know if you try to revert and override your local save files?

Edit: would first deleting save game data from within TPP work, then replace the files in the Steam directory with backed up save files? Anyone tried?

Just copy the save files from the savegame location. Paste the save you want to use. The next time you start the game steam will tell you there's a difference between the savegame on your PC and the one in the cloud and ask you which one to use.

SJRB

Gold Member
accidentally ran into
paz
while fucking around on the
medical
platform looking for diamonds. 2 questions, while trying to keep it spoilerish free:

1. Are there interiors to every platform?
2. Any major mother base plot points im missing by not exploring?

1. Aside from one other location, no, there are not. A hugely missed oppertunity. The other location is not a secret though, the game will tell you to go there on several occasions at some point in the story
2. No, there are not.

komplanen

Shiiit I started Mission 29 with Quiet as my buddy. I realised my mistake straight away and returned to the ACC as soon as I could. Is my game fucked or am I going to be all right? I'm >60 hours into the game....

The message from Konami is that the bug happens if you're friendship levels up with Quiet on mission 29 or 42. You're fine.

Future

Going full riot gear is oddly fun. Stun sub machine gun, riot shield, stun shot gun, quiet support with tranq. Let her open fire on the camps and I bust everyone up from the back and extract them all. Complete 180 from crawling with the tranq gun. This keeps you moving using quiets distractions, and since everything is stun base I have to be especially accurate it feels (since I cannot mortally wound)

Hasney

Going full riot gear is oddly fun. Stun sub machine gun, riot shield, stun shot gun, quiet support with tranq. Let her open fire on the camps and I bust everyone up from the back and extract them all. Complete 180 from crawling with the tranq gun. This keeps you moving using quiets distractions, and since everything is stun base I have to be especially accurate it feels (since I cannot mortally wound)

Yeah, someone needs to mod in a small map that's in a big city square with a lot of protesting hippies for me to get my riot suppression on. Damn beatniks.

Mission 4
is kind of ridiculous, isn't it? I can hardly find a single moment of respite and why did they give me such a shitty rocket launcher!?

Roxas

Is there any way to just opt out of all this shitty FOB/Invasion stuff? I spend hours collecting resources in single player mode just for it to get stolen in 5 minutes by some douchebag :/

uberluigi

Banned
Question regarding a certain cutscene I stumbled upon on mother base, mild spoilers I guess
So I triggered the Paz cutscene on top of the medical platform and I didn't even know Paz was here in the first place, did I trigger it early or was this a hidden cutscene? Is there are hidden cutsceness? If so can someone tell me where I can get them without spoiling it please.

SJRB

Gold Member
Question regarding a certain cutscene I stumbled upon on mother base, mild spoilers I guess
So I triggered the Paz cutscene on top of the medical platform and I didn't even know Paz was here in the first place, did I trigger it early or was this a hidden cutscene? Is there are hidden cutsceness? If so can someone tell me where I can get them without spoiling it please.

It was indeed hidden, and it is the only one.

Tabris

You can activate it any time.

It's also not the only one as SJRB mentioned. You can keep on getting new cutscenes there by bringing photos.

Total of like 12 scenes and 5 cassette tapes via that quest line.

Essentially every time you return to MB, go there.

SJRB

Gold Member
You can activate it any time.

It's also not the only one as SJRB mentioned. You can keep on getting new cutscenes there by bringing photos.

Obviously, but it's the only hidden thing in the base, which is what he asked.

There is no need to spoil the entire quest and all contents for him, now is there.

Just copy the save files from the savegame location. Paste the save you want to use. The next time you start the game steam will tell you there's a difference between the savegame on your PC and the one in the cloud and ask you which one to use.
That is a lot less annoying than I expected. I thought with the online FOB stuff being integrated into offline mode they would try and give you less control over your save.

Vuze

I really need to check YouTube on how to get out of the ruins area where you encounter
Quiet
for the first time safely. I messed up at the last meters every single time yesterday night until I decided to use the chicken hat. Maybe I just suck but I was furious lol

Mission 29, which begins chapter 2, wtf is my loadout supposed to be?

Honeybee and the grenade launcher ain't doing shit. I call if for supply drops and barely get 2/3rds of the way done.

BigDes

Did you go inside and play a certain cassette tape?

So, I went into there and a soldier saw me go in and started banging on the door. I assumed that playing that tape would make him leave me alone, but I wasn't paying attention and played the one of a bear growling.

The soldier banging on the door ran away into the desert.

Anyone know if the remote play button mappings for DS4 on PSTV mirror the PS4 settings? I want to play remotely but some games seem to just use the Vita RP mappings on PSTV, which is hella confusing when using a DS4. Need some cardboard box action :(

Only 5 or so missions in but really enjoying it so far - my progress seems to ebb and flow between 'accidental S rank' and 'utter shitshow' depending on which way the wind blows, but hey ho.

dmshaposv

the cutscenes are incredible.

the lighting, the modelling, the frame rate, the motion blur; this is next-gen.

Mission 31

sahlenthropus kicking that jeep while bb diving out of the way was very slickly done.

Most games would have such a scene pre-rendered and still look a bit clunky. Here it was done in-engine without compromise on detail (lighting,modeling and framerate).

Top Bottom