• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

wiibomb

Anyone knows where I can find buddy:
quiet
?

The guards told between them
there has been sigtings of af "naked woman" in the power plant, so I supposed it was quiet, but I arrrive to the power plant and don't know what else to do

Aces&Eights

Anyone knows where I can find buddy:
quiet
?

The guards told between them
there has been sigtings of af "naked woman" in the power plant, so I supposed it was quiet, but I arrrive to the power plant and don't know what else to do

I met
quiet
in the
ruins
. It was an actual mission that I stumbled upon when going to a side op.

Skatterd

I want to verify something. QUIET ENDGAME SPOILERS
Can I use the butterfly emblem and do every other mission and then her mission will pop when I remove the emblem? Or does the emblem lock me out forever at a certain point? I've heard mixed reports.

I have never hated a video game level more than I do Mission 45. It's cheap, it's not fun, no intesnity to it, just monotony at it's very worst. Almost undoes all the good will I've had with this game.

Even with the chicken hat and even with airstrikes, it's all just one tank and it's all over.

Fuck that cheap shit.

sn00zer

loving some of the references and nods

Episode 20
-The Silent Hill homage area that has the PT radio news playing just before it. The fog, the radios, the body bags, the bloody curtains....its all there. AND WE"RE NEVER GUNNA SEE ANYTHING EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE TO IT FOR YEARS

Episode 23
-White Mamba having Lord of the Flies references peppered on him. A conch on his hip and a drawing of a pig (Piggy) on his back

I have never hated a video game level more than I do Mission 45. It's cheap, it's not fun, no intesnity to it, just monotony at it's very worst. Almost undoes all the good will I've had with this game.

Even with the chicken hat and even with airstrikes, it's all just one tank and it's all over.

Fuck that cheap shit.

its a close race between mission 45 and both versions of Backup, Back Down as the worst missions in the game for me. 0 fun to be had in these

shiba5

Fuck that cheap shit.

I completely skipped that one. Just did
and that's my end game and I'm sticking to it.
I watched the
Quiet ending
on YouTube.

mcarlie

Banned
So I just finished mission
the
"true" ending
. Does anyone know if there's
more post game content, like in PW if you s-rank all missions
. Also
apparently everyone else unlocked 46 by finishing side-op 150. I however haven't unlocked 150. I was doing some extract the material containers mission and it suddenly unlocked for me. Is side-op 150 a story mission?

sn00zer

I'm finding this game rather daunting compared to my expectations. Came in rather blind after playing and loving previous MGS' and didn't anticipate such a different gameplay model.

I dig base building and all. The mission structure is a bit of a turn off. Is there any way to know which ones I can stick to for the main story? I really don't have the time and fortitude to do everything right now but I do want to experience the main story sooner rather than later.

The menus are so poorly laid out and hard to read. Some friends and I are just finding mother base management a real chore.

I'm finding that I generally suck at the game too but that's my own problem. I've done up to and including mission 6 and typically get spotted several times per mission, lol.

Can anyone offer advice on a good way to develop mother base in the early game? I'm not motivated at all to do the research right now on which things to build and do and just want to play the main game without screwing myself over too much with MB.

Early game mother base sucks. Honestly just press R3 on the staff management screen and choose "All Staff" it will auto organize your guys and put them in the best spots for you, especially helpful when you unlock a new unit. Just keep fultoning a ton of guys and soon you will be fine. No that im a bit farthe I only do manual staff management when Im trying to meet the equirements for a particular upgrade. Once the upgrade is finished I autoorganize everyone back to where they were

TLDR: Press R3 on Staff Management Page

It blows my mind ho LONG this game is...Im around episode 20 and I think Ive played something like 30 hrs

It's insane. I think I'm mission 16 closing in on 30 hours. Definitely exhausting and it's the first time I'm going to have to walk away from a MGS game without finishing it for a while so I don't burn out.

Arkanius

Fuck that cheap shit.

Stop trying to fire at the tanks from the same place.
Keep moving around throughout the different windows.

shiba5

the
"true" ending
. Also
apparently everyone else unlocked 46 by finishing side-op 150. I however haven't unlocked 150. I was doing some extract the material containers mission and it suddenly unlocked for me. Is side-op 150 a story mission?

I didn't unlock 150 to get 46. I think that one is related to the Quiet ending and I have the butterfly emblem.

Pungza

the
"true" ending
. Also

I haven't done it yet, but think side op 150 unlocks mission 45 which will complete another characters story arc.

shiba5

two questions:

1) to get the true ending is the following guide true:
http://www.gamerevolution.com/faq/ps4/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain/unlocking-the-true-ending-secret-mission-46-117519

2) what's the quickest way to get fuel?

That article is wrong. I didn't have my base completely upgraded or do side op 150. I also did not do 45.
All I did was the yellow side op missions and the new main missions when they popped. If I didn't have any yellow side missions, I did regular ones until a new main mission popped up. I also went back to base a couple times and the story advanced.

In a short burst? It completely is.

It's pacing is perfect, it's focus is laser guided in stealth (or straight up blowing through everybody to rescue the two people), it's side "ops"/demo-to-show-the-engine-off-in-various-daytimes isn't anything special, sure. But in terms of that opening and closing and the gameplay in the main mission? It's farrrr better paced than Phantom Pain proper.

Phantom Pain has more to do, but there's too much "filler" and putting things in cassettes than properly paced/even-paced cutscenes. You should be able to do to at least 5 main missions before the story further expositions but it doesn't. Until like the back-half where they throw everything at you in cassettes.

It's better in terms of "just give me gameplay, stupid" people. But in terms of those that want the story in addition to gameplay? No, Phantom Pain fails there.

I have to respectfully and strongly disagree. First of all, your arsenal in Ground Zeroes is anemic. Even after you unlock guns to use in the mission, which are the same guns by the way, you still have very few options. And, you don't have much other equipment. In The Phantom Pain, you have a vast arsenal, a lot of different equipment, and Buddies which really change the dynamic of the game.

So from a gameplay perspective, I think The Phantom Pain is objectively better pretty much immediately, and especially a few hours in once you've unlocked some more stuff.

sn00zer

In a short burst? It completely is.

It's pacing is perfect, it's focus is laser guided in stealth (or straight up blowing through everybody to rescue the two people), it's side "ops"/demo-to-show-the-engine-off-in-various-daytimes isn't anything special, sure. But in terms of that opening and closing and the gameplay in the main mission? It's farrrr better paced than Phantom Pain proper.

Phantom Pain has more to do, but there's too much "filler" and putting things in cassettes than properly paced/even-paced cutscenes. You should be able to do to at least 5 main missions before the story further expositions but it doesn't. Until like the back-half where they throw everything at you in cassettes.

It's better in terms of "just give me gameplay, stupid" people. But in terms of those that want the story in addition to gameplay? No, Phantom Pain fails there.

How far ar you? I was in this camp, but the story really picks up when youre around 10hrs in

Not sure about Quiet after using her yesterday

I want her there in case things turn to shit, she starts shooting even when the situation is easily retrievable though. Will probably max her level and go back to DD

Pinktaco

That article is wrong. I didn't have my base completely upgraded or do side op 150. I also did not do 45.
All I did was the yellow side op missions and the new main missions when they popped. If I didn't have any yellow side missions, I did regular ones until a new main mission popped up. I also went back to base a couple times and the story advanced.

Alright, thanks.

It's very odd how after starting chapter 2 you get all kinds of cutscenes whenever you go back to MB.

Also that rain scene. Haha.

bryt

Mission
Quiet help

There's a task for neutralizing Quiet with non firearm attacks. You can't drop supplies on her on this mission. Does anyone know any other way to do this task?

leehom

On mission 18, where are the three tanks and the 5 snipers? I extracted everyone in and around the base but didn't meet the objective.

Top Bottom