• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Random question for mission 19:
The cutscene afterwards was in the trailer:
JG4gTSe.jpg

But when I played it, the kid confronting Miller was the orange cap kid in the back. Is there any significance or is that just random?
Also, can the kids be seen on the base or are they absent like Ocelot or especially Miller?

Yeah, that part is one thing that I really never got. The only explanation I can think of is that either
Venom was too out of it at that moment to remember her face clearly due to just waking up and not being 100% certain of the things around him, or we're suppose to suspend our belief here and accept that she's suppose to look different enough to not be recognized by Venom in the story.

i think it's a combination of both of those, and the fact that he saw her burned alive and assumed she was dead. the assassin is dead + quiet looks a little different (naked) + he's an unreliable narrator of what happened when he woke up. that cutscene definitely came out of nowhere though. probably should have happened earlier. there's a lot of issues there in terms of when certain things happen. lots of logistic errors that are counter to what you experience while playing with quiet and huey

Squishy3

Early chapter 2 yellow side op spoilers. So I just recovered the
AI Pod
. Head back to MB with Quiet and a cutscene starts of
her being tortured with Miller mentioning her being in Cyprus 9 years ago attempting to kill Boss. Kinda wondering why Boss hasn't mentioned anything about her attempting to kill him back then.
Still the cutscene kinda came outta nowhere.
Uh, that didn't happen 9 years ago, it happens the night you leave Cyprus. She's the soldier Ishmael lights on fire with a lighter lol

Uh, that didn't happen 9 years ago, it happens the night you leave Cyprus. She's the soldier Ishmael lights on fire with a lighter lol
Oh yeah that's true about the
9 years. Was brain-farting. Actually seems weirder now since its only what, a few weeks since that incident. I dunno.

Nose Master

Guard AI was extremely strange on the last mission I just did. It was a random "get this prisoner" mission I was replaying, dude was in one of the larger afghan bases. I peeled a guard off behind the building, and fulton'd him. Immediately, I'd see a "!" via the dogs markings from a soldier roughly 30m away. He wouldn't call it in, he wouldn't report anything. He'd just bumble over to that exact murder hallway and walk right up to my box. This happened over and over again with each guard around taking turns to come and see what was up until the entire base was empty.

Made the replay super easy, but I'm not sure what was going on there. Do they nerf AI on older missions / keep them where they were at when you originally got the mission?

Prologue concludes
xf713Fg.jpg

Credits roll for Chapter One
Hand-Clap-Emoji.png

COMING IN CHAPTER TWO
Andy-Dwyer-OMG.gif

Chapter Two made up of Chapter One missions with modifiers
CJz7UZEUYAA2iXY.jpg

(Can I get my Zadornov search missions back tbh????)

Mission 43
ilfykcT3XDAg7.gif

The twist
61360263c4af358f19bea59acb54f56b.jpg

After, hoping Chapter 3 is being hidden behind a grind rather than being cut out
rsz_pxottkm.jpg

Tuck

Strictly speaking in regards to gameplay only. This is the best game I have ever played.

The stealth mechanics are definitely the best they've ever been, and the individual bases are all really well designed.

I'm not that far yet but I think there are a few things holding it back, mainly concentrated around the open world, but they're nothing too major. It definitely delivers overall. Shame the latter sections seem to be unfinished.

The stealth mechanics are definitely the best they've ever been, and the individual bases are all really well designed.

I'm not that far yet but I think there are a few things holding it back, mainly concentrated around the open world, but they're nothing too major. It definitely delivers overall. Shame the latter sections seem to be unfinished.

I mean, as far as realism go, I can't really argue with them being some of the best they've been, but...most fun? eh... I've loved MGS for a long as time, and while the stealth mechanics haven't always been the most complicated, or even the most difficult...they've been FUN. I've loved fucking with guards once I mastered the game.

I feel like in this game, it's always gonna be a challenge, and be nerve racking.

Some of the optional tasks are straight up stupid, especially in a game with some very long fucking missions and no quick save.
if you leave the area, you can force the game to save... it seems based on location or movement, not time or combat... and since they're SIDE OPS... the progress isn't affected

you can sort of do that in missions too but i've found it saves enough as is

Nose Master

Question about the Medical Bay thing:
I assumed that you could return to show Paz new pictures to jog her memory, but the door hasn't let me in since that original cs. Is it just a one time thing?

EDIT: I'm dumb, there are multiple doors.

Mid 20s Mission Story stuff:

Should I just stop extracting people until I have a cure for this disease?

If pretty obvious the disease is transmitted my the Kikongo language but even after quarantining everyone that speaks the language, they still assign people who speak it to the regular teams.

I'm stuck on mission 7... can't destroy a single tank, even with the RPG. I shot like 7 at a single tank and it kept going like it was powered by energizers. What the hell?

Male to female.

When this started to be brought up, I kept thinking that
because of some mutation, that this is what happened to Quiet, but I guess that was stupid of me to think that, since we see her in the beginning of the game before she had been filled with parasites.

Mid 20s Mission Story stuff:

Should I just stop extracting people until I have a cure for this disease?

If pretty obvious the disease is transmitted my the Kikongo language but even after quarantining everyone that speaks the language, they still assign people who speak it to the regular teams.

Yes just rush to mission 29.

sappyday

Is there anything item that is worth selling in the resources section? Like precious metal? Or should I keep that in case it becomes necessary for items later on?

Tuck

I'm stuck on mission 7... can't destroy a single tank, even with the RPG. I shot like 7 at a single tank and it kept going like it was powered by energizers. What the hell?
Yeah those tanks were stupidly strong. Wait for them to stop at the final base and call in air strikes, one for each tank.

Use C4 on the road as it drives over it. Attack the rear with RPGs instead of the front or side. It does way more damage.

Is there anything item that is worth selling in the resources section? Like precious metal? Or should I keep that in case it becomes necessary for items later on?

Some plants can be pretty worth it, I had like 700 black carrots, and they are worth 1000 a pop, you don't need more than 500 , probable don't even need more than 300.

some of the last upgrades can require a lot of Precious Metals... the 2nd or 3rd Battle Gear upgrade is 2000 i think. the jehuty arm uses it too.

i usually sell plants or vehicles, mortars if i'm in a pinch for gmp

Gaz_RB

I have to hand it to this game, it's the first open world game to enact an actual sense of urgency to some of the missions. Not just "you have to hurry and do this mission" while you go collect flowers for three hours.

But they also sort piss me off with the To Be Continued stuff so i guess it's even now.

Mid 20s mission's staff question:

How do I know which soldier is infected to quarantee them? Does it made a difference for you?, other than level decreasing.

-Deimos

It's pretty much the entire point of the mission.
A non lethal option would rob the impact the game (tries) to get across with what you need to do, which is why you don't get to choose your loadout for that mission.

I feel horrible, plus I lost lots of heroism

I don't think I had the option of choosing my weapons

In that case I don't think I have to worry then.
The kills probably don't count towards your records.

So does the animal conservation platform house every single quantity of animal you've abducted, or is there a limit to how many can appear? As in, if I fulton about 20 bears, will they still all appear?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Also, can the kids be seen on the base or are they absent like Ocelot or especially Miller?[/SPOILER]

Absent all the freaking way. God dammit.

Dinosaurs.

I feel I'm going to be surprised in the future then. Because I have no idea what this means.

Mid 20s mission's staff question:

How do I know which soldier is infected to quarantee them? Does it made a difference for you?, other than level decreasing.

Ask yourself: What is one of the principal themes in the game. What did Skullface lose when he was taken from his elders? What is the common thing in every patient showing symptoms?

If you want a more straightforward answer, I'll be happy to provide, but I think you might want that "a-ha" moment.

Is it possible to abort mission
and go back to the chopper, or are you stuck there until you beat it?

Because seriously, while I heard it would be better to do it before
, fuck this shit.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
There's a limit.

It's disappointing as well. I rescued lots of animals until the photo in the ACC showed like 7 donkeys in the conservation platform, and I was excited to see how many animals I could shove in there.

I go to the platform and I find that there are only two. What the heck. Motherbase has been disappointing all around, compared to what they promised.

It's disappointing as well. I rescued lots of animals until the photo in the ACC showed like 7 donkeys in the conservation platform, and I was excited to see how many animals I could shove in there.

I go to the platform and I find that there are only two. What the heck. Motherbase has been disappointing all around, compared to what they promised.

It was probably one of the things reduced because of last gen. Originally, animals were supposed to hang out on platforms with your soldiers, it's in one of the old trailers. Maybe the AI wasn't up to snuff, or it was just too chaotic.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
It was probably one of the things reduced because of last gen. Originally, animals were supposed to hang out on platforms with your soldiers, it's in one of the old trailers. Maybe the AI wasn't up to snuff, or it was just too chaotic.

I didn't remember that, now I'm even more bummed out.

artsi

I finally finished the game. It was a great experience, yet left quite a sour taste when the (real) credits rolled in. I think I need to let it set in for a bit.

Top Bottom