• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

This side ops where you have to rescue the kid on top of that tower is the only way to Fulton him cause I'm not at the level to develop that child fulton

Edit: found a glitch to complete it lol

PensOwl

Banned
It was probably one of the things reduced because of last gen. Originally, animals were supposed to hang out on platforms with your soldiers, it's in one of the old trailers. Maybe the AI wasn't up to snuff, or it was just too chaotic.

That would explain why the animal conservation platform is its own seperate thing, and why the platform itself is relatively bare even in comparison to the rest of Mother Base

GavinGT

Banned
It's disappointing as well. I rescued lots of animals until the photo in the ACC showed like 7 donkeys in the conservation platform, and I was excited to see how many animals I could shove in there.

I go to the platform and I find that there are only two. What the heck. Motherbase has been disappointing all around, compared to what they promised.

The fact that 90% of Motherbase is composed of totally worthless geometry, with nothing to do on it, is a huge bummer for me.

brinstar

Early chapter 2 yellow side op spoilers. So I just recovered the
AI Pod
. Head back to MB with Quiet and a cutscene starts of
her being tortured with Miller mentioning her being in Cyprus 9 years ago attempting to kill Boss. Kinda wondering why Boss hasn't mentioned anything about her attempting to kill him back then.
Still the cutscene kinda came outta nowhere.

what I don't get is why didn't they just give her a paper and pen to write the answers

also dunno if this happened for you, but for me Kaz radios in saying why he's doing what he's doing in that scene and to come back after a side op

Khronico

Is there a way to get a second Bullhorn shotgun blueprint? I need one more to get the upgrade but the only way I've found is doing a dispatch mission I've already done.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
question about a specific special suit you get

I unlocked the parasite suit and am wearing it, how do I used its abilities and what are its abilities?

PensOwl

Banned
question about a specific special suit you get

I unlocked the parasite suit and am wearing it, how do I used its abilities and what are its abilities?

Regarding the suit, it's also important to mention that
only the camouflage power will restrict you to an A rank. Mist and armor won't affect your ranking.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
what I don't get is why didn't they just give her a paper and pen to write the answers

also dunno if this happened for you, but for me Kaz radios in saying why he's doing what he's doing in that scene and to come back after a side op

I didn't read the other poster's spoiler, since I'm behind in the story, but Quiet
also refuses to write. Ocelot said they tried every form of language: spoken, written and signs, and she refused to use any for some unknown reason, dyslexia or just stubbornness. However they were able to confirm she understands English.

1.03 just dropped?

Ps4 here.
WmvwATt.jpg

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Glad to see they fixed the game breaking bugs.

1.04 to add Chapter
?!
I know I know, I'll go cry in a corner.

brinstar

I didn't read the other poster's spoiler, since I'm behind in the story, but Quiet
also refuses to write. Ocelot said they tried every form of language: spoken, written and signs, and she refused to use any for some unknown reason, dyslexia or just stubbornness. However they were able to confirm she understands English.

I forgot about that line, but that's strange. I guess she just can't then.

Babyshams

For those who have beat the game and didn't
lose quiet, how does she end up coming back? Does she never leave, do you just bring her back in the side op and mission 45 doesn't happen? Does Mission 45 happen and she choose to stay. I'm curious to know what is different.

Sanjuro

Is this game any good? I bought it launch day, but haven't gotten past the "Press Start" screen.

Should I dedicate a few hours to it?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
You bought a game brand new and didn't even play the prologue? Just play that at least.

I knew that the
flashback scene where he screams "We were played like a damn fiddle!"
was intentional!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Chapter Two made up of Chapter One missions with modifiers

I honestly didn't mind the modifiers, they should've been in the game for all missions as a difficulty selection once you've beaten the mission initially to add replay value to it. It's a shame you can't "Subsistence" the entire game.

Salaadin

That's where I'm at right now. It's not the type of game to hold value.

Is it very different from the Demo/Release? It seemed kind of like the new Hitman games.
Not too different. It's open world and carries a lot of the open world game issues. Very repetitive at times. But the moment to moment stealth gameplay is really good. Probably the best out there right now imo.

Tbh, if you're questioning it this much already, I'd sell it now and get it in the cheap later

Okay, question. I'm at Mission 37 now, and this game is getting a bit tedious to me.
Are there only certain missions from this point that I need to complete to get to the "ending?" Is there even anything further in that I need to see?

Okay, question. I'm at Mission 37 now, and this game is getting a bit tedious to me.
Are there only certain missions from this point that I need to complete to get to the "ending?" Is there even anything further in that I need to see?

I feel the same way. Game went downhill after Chapter 1. I just finished the side ops to rescue the children and it feels like MMO fetch quests tbh. Did Kojima quit after Chapter 1 or something lol?

Sanjuro

Tbh, if you're questioning it this much already, I'd sell it now and get it in the cheap later

I'm in a weird psychological mode. I'm looking for work fresh out of some school, and feel bad for liking video games.

Play at least the prologue Sanjuro, I think you might like it. And then you will cry for losing Silent Hills (if you liked PT).

I played the first Silent Hill for PS1. I tried the next one and hated it, and left the series to die outside the theatrical film.

Yes.

You don't need to do the EXTREME and SUBSISTENCE versions of older missions, you can just do side ops and listen to tapes and the new missions will open up,they are marked yellow, you should definitely see mission 43 if nothing else

Nuke Soda

On Chapter 2 and haven't even done the first mission of it. (Spoiler is endgame stuff so read at own risk)
I don't fucking want to lose Quiet.
I will finish the game eventually, but I don't want to.

Top Bottom