• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

malfcn

Fucking hell. No matter how low the fulton percentage it is a success. But as soon as I try to lift someone high out... Fail.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Well FUCK...

I've been for about 40 minutes in a fight with buddy:
Quiet
, but there is NOTHING I can do... everytime i get a little close even,
she
sneaks out and leaves a bomb...

Anyone can help me with a tip to finsih this?

Really? I haven't even done the
Quiet
fight yet, but I just got DD after completing Mission 8 and 10 (haven't done 9 yet). My MB is expanded like a mother fucker though.

PS4 patch is out, downloading. 435.8 MB, no notes yet.

Here:

1.03 just dropped?

Ps4 here.
WmvwATt.jpg

Aselith

Well FUCK...

I've been for about 40 minutes in a fight with buddy:
Quiet
, but there is NOTHING I can do... everytime i get a little close even,
she
sneaks out and leaves a bomb...

Anyone can help me with a tip to finsih this?

Bait out a shot then shoot her

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
WHY?! Jeezus

The fabled Chapter 3. Finally.
Just fixing pretty big bugs, I guess.

EDIT: Also, 400MB is big? You guys clearly have not played Battlefield. I remember there being a 4GB patch once. Now that's fucking big.

It took me nearly 3 hours to pass a single story mission yesterday. And today I just spent 4 hours trying to do a single side-op where I resuce a prisoner...and I never did pass the mission and I never did find the prisoner. I don't know how that side-op is even physically possible. I either need to quit the game now, or settle in for a 900 hour game, if this is the pace I'm able to pass missions at.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Uh, so Episode 45. I need some help.
I've been stuck on the last checkpoint for two hours and there's no way for me to go back to the ACC to change up my loadout. These tanks that take six rockets and instakill me behind cover are impossible.

Just had a nasty game crash, even crashed my entire PS4. Was going back to a side op I already did to max out a buddy's bond. There wasn't a saving icon when the game froze so I should be okay.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The fabled Chapter 3. Finally.
Just fixing pretty big bugs, I guess.

EDIT: Also, 400MB is big? You guys clearly have not played Battlefield. I remember there being a 4GB patch once. Now that's fucking big.

Yeah, 400mb is on the smaller side these days. Destiny just had an 18gb patch this week.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
tumblr_n3l19swHuJ1sifnyko2_500.jpg

Cross-post

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Uh, so Episode 45. I need some help.
I've been stuck on the last checkpoint for two hours and there's no way for me to go back to the ACC to change up my loadout. These tanks that take six rockets and instakill me behind cover are impossible.

You can always restart the mission, which will put you back at the chopper drop off to the start of the zone. I researched the CGM-25 rocket launcher and laid on the ground until it was ready, then had equipment dropoffs for that, a HAIL MGR-4 grenade launcher and a ZORN-KP grenade pistol.

Airstrikes and helicopter support can be called in as well. I'd highly recommend using at least a strike on the tank which one-shots you, if you can manage to get it registered on your scope. That mission's stupid tough!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
You can always restart the mission, which will put you back at the chopper drop off to the start of the zone. I researched the CGM-25 rocket launcher and laid on the ground until it was ready, then had equipment dropoffs for that, a HAIL MGR-4 grenade launcher and a ZORN-KP grenade pistol.

Airstrikes and helicopter support can be called in as well. I'd highly recommend using at least a strike on the tank which one-shots you, if you can manage to get it registered on your scope. That mission's stupid tough!

Thanks. I'm glad I'm not the only one having difficulty with this.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Mission 30.

How the fuck man

If you stick to the left hand side of the map at all times, there's a ton of conveniently placed walls to climb up, holes to climb through, and less guards overall. It does require some patience as it becomes a huge stealth skill-check, but keeping to that side until you hit the stairs at the end is way easier than the other paths.

Arttemis

Just got to chapter two, holy crap.

An observation: There's definitely some weird audio mixing in this game. In a short cutscene, there's NO helicopter or background noise and Kiefer even shouts when Snake turns to look out of the chopper's open door, but since there's no other audio, it sounds ridiculous. In the next cut scene, a conversation ended and the screen fading to black with the character models still animating as if there were still taking.

My biggest request would be an option to double the time it takes to complete am in-game day/night cycle. Even are the expense of slower R&D and missions, I'd rather have the longer days, nights, storms, etc.

wiibomb

Really? I haven't even done the
Quiet
fight yet, but I just got DD after completing Mission 8 and 10 (haven't done 9 yet). My MB is expanded like a mother fucker though.

Make sure you visit Aabe Shifap Ruins, my mission suddenly statarted when I got shot there

EDIT: and i didn't took any mission, I was wandering there to get to the power plant for a side op

Mission 30.

How the fuck man

30 wasn't actually too difficult for me.
I killed my way to the target point. I wiped out the guys in front, then used the partially-open front gate for cover as I took out most of the guys just inside. Once I got to the tank it was even easier.

KarmaCow

I accidentally ended up dismissing some of my interpreters while clearing out some lower levels staff and I'm not sure how to get replacements. The associated side ops don't be available and what's weirder is that it seems like I don't need interpreters. I didn't fully test it out but I was able to understand Russian soldiers just fine without an interpreter.

Top Bottom