• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Mission 30.

How the fuck man

Stick to the left side once you get to the fortress. You can actually relatively easily get the no traces left behind achievement on this mission. There are some cracks in the wall you can climb up and skip a lot of the guards in the center of the fortress. The hardest part is sneaking past the second set of gates, but just go prone and be patient and you should be good!

IJoel

I had to turn the damn game off after the horse jumped and killed me, making me restart the mission. TWICE! I hate this open world game to be honest. >:-(

leehom

For the love of baby jesus, where are the five snipers in mission 18? I'm two hours in, extracted everyone from the two villages and four outposts. Found the three tanks and extracted those. Ran around two circles around the mines and found three snipers in the NE, but can't find the other two. I guess they're in the SW, but I've ran all around with D-Dawg and they're no where to be found.

nm, found a guide that pointed out their general location. Those snipers are NOT in the SW, they're in the SE.

Predwolf

Re: The GMP cap.

It has to raise eventually, as per the CE guide the costs for the 1st Command Struts for FOB3 and FOB4 are 8.1mill and 19.6mill, respectively.

Perhaps buying the next tier of FOB increases your max GMP?

Fun fact: Command strut 4 for FOB4 costs 21,000,000GMP, 462,000 MM and 462,000 Fuel.

Can someone explain something to me about the main missions towards the end
is Mission 46 the actual ending? Truth: Man Who Sold the World? As in there are no new story related missions after that, only Extreme/Total Stealth versions of old missions?

ezekial45

Banned
I'm still not finding any S rank people in the field. I did [Extreme] Code Talker, and I only found A++ rank at the most.

Do my teams on Mother Base have to be a certain level for the higher rank people to show up?

I'm still not finding any S rank people in the field.
I did [Extreme] Code Talker, and I only found A++ rank at the most.

Do my teams on Mother Base have to be a certain level for the higher rank people to show up?

The enemy soldier ranks increase with your heroism score. I'm around 200k right now and am just starting to see a few s-rank soldiers here and there

The further I get into this the more I'm inclined to turn on it. Just finished Mission 43. Amazing gameplay, abysmal narrative. I hate Keifer Snake, it's turned him into a mute. The tapes weren't that packed with Snake either. Definitely a weird decision there. I think the rest of the narrative falling apart has got to related to the Konami fallout. It feels like what was here, isn't done at all, it barely gets started. I know I've only got a handful of missions left and there is no way they're going to salvage this. I don't really care about anything that's going on.

This is so strange, I love the gameplay but I'm trudging through it because the story is just not engaging.

Kindekuma

Banned
War is hell.

FWqeHy8.jpg

YwaaFSn.jpg

Steroyd

The enemy soldier ranks increase with your heroism score. I'm around 200k right now and am just starting to see a few s-rank soldiers here and there

I thought that was for volunteers?

I've got about 140k heroism and I see the occasional S ranker in the field, bear in mind I'm a hoarder and A+ is really common in my MB.

Broank

Awww so Ocelot doesn't love Big Boss anymore?

Said he could tell Quiet loves him because he USED to feel the same.
:(

I'm determined to finally finish the rest of the missions, even if it takes me all night!

Stick to the left side once you get to the fortress. You can actually relatively easily get the no traces left behind achievement on this mission. There are some cracks in the wall you can climb up and skip a lot of the guards in the center of the fortress. The hardest part is sneaking past the second set of gates, but just go prone and be patient and you should be good!

I just felt the need to fulton everyone.

I ended up just Dwalkin

Just did Mission 28. Holy fuck, how can anybody say that is is not an MGS game when you do this kind of mission.

(spoilers for it, of course)

That fight with the skulls! I went with Quiet, but they kicked her ass quickly. So the best damn buddy in the world came in: D-Dog. Marking them, and using the tranq rifle, and there they go, it wasn't either that hard or too easy. Perfect.

Then, the Villa, awesome infiltration on a building. Then, oh hey! its a perfect lenght cutscene. It didn't have more than it needed like in most MGS4 cutscenes, and it even gave you a little control in a moment where the other games wouldn't. THAT is what makes this game a better game overall.

But I guess it lacked using a lab coat for a silly infiltration /s

By the way, I found a pretty great song inside of it. But I couldn't grab it, it never gave me the option. I even push the radio and it made the sound of an item drop, but I couldn't find the tape. Shame.

zkorejo

I completed Chapter 1.

Now I have Mission 31, 32 and 33 unlocked.
31 seems to be a new mission but 32 and 33 are just older missions with higher difficulty. Can I skip them and just do side ops or do I have to complete those again?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm still not finding any S rank people in the field. I did [Extreme] Code Talker, and I only found A++ rank at the most.

No. You just need high (150K) heroism and the RNG gods to smile on you.

I completed Chapter 1.

31 seems to be a new mission but 32 and 33 are just older missions with higher difficulty. Can I skip them and just do side ops or do I have to complete those again?

Good question. I'm right at that spot too.

TheSeks

I've been for about 40 minutes in a fight with buddy:
Quiet
, but there is NOTHING I can do... everytime i get a little close even,
she
sneaks out and leaves a bomb...

This will not work during
op 40/Extreme version of the fight
because they'll see through the ruse. You'll need
Stealth camo
for that one.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I completed Chapter 1.

Good question. I'm right at that spot too.

Yes.
Any mission labeled as Extreme, Subsistence, etc, is fully optional. You can complete side ops until the next story mission procs. Sometimes it takes 2-5 side ops before it will trigger the next "event" that adds more story missions to your iDroid.

Groof

I completed Chapter 1.

What I've been doing (I'm not further ahead of you, but just a bit) is
do the new new mission and then whatever yellow side ops that pop up until a new yellow main mission is unlocked. Don't know if doing the extreme missions are needed for anything though.

TheSeks

do the new new mission and then whatever yellow side ops that pop up until a new yellow main mission is unlocked. Don't know if doing the extreme missions are needed for anything though.

You also want to
listen to all the tapes
, I still haven't done that and
haven't unlocked 46 yet
ugh.

zkorejo

Yes.
Any mission labeled as Extreme, Subsistence, etc, is fully optional. You can complete side ops until the next story mission procs. Sometimes it takes 2-5 side ops before it will trigger the next "event" that adds more story missions to your iDroid.

Ok thanks. I knew doing side ops was also an option. But I just wanted a confirmation.

mission 13-15 (sorry forget which it was, 14 i think)
the tail the interpreter/evacuate the viscount.... wow did that take a long time. i'm not sure if there's a faster way to make the interpreter arrive at the viscount sooner, or if the viscount's location and the interpreter's arrival are random, but it must have taken 30 minutes before he arrived there. i mean, I did get pretty darn far away (other side of the camp) a few times but I never lost track of him, and i'm pretty positive he never visited the viscount until he did a complete lap of that bridged swamp area, returned to the main town center a second time, and then slowly went back to near the first prisoner location before finally going up to that house haha

it was kind of fun but I accidently alerted guards right as I was about to
fulton the viscount
, and there was no way I was risking the checkpoint system and having to
wait for him to that long walk again
;p

That feeling when you realize you've played almost 100 hours of a game, have 80% completion...and STILL haven't gotten to try the online nor get the FOB trophy...Really could use that FOB space...

soultron

Banned
mission 13-15 (sorry forget which it was, 14 i think)
the tail the interpreter/evacuate the viscount.... wow did that take a long time. i'm not sure if there's a faster way to make the interpreter arrive at the viscount sooner, or if the viscount's location and the interpreter's arrival are random, but it must have taken 30 minutes before he arrived there. i mean, I did get pretty darn far away (other side of the camp) a few times but I never lost track of him, and i'm pretty positive he never visited the viscount until he did a complete lap of that bridged swamp area, returned to the main town center a second time, and then slowly went back to near the first prisoner location before finally going up to that house haha

it was kind of fun but I accidently alerted guards right as I was about to
fulton the viscount
, and there was no way I was risking the checkpoint system and having to
wait for him to that long walk again
;p

I had some weird issues with that mission too.

When the interrogator and interpreter stopped in a house and didn't move for 10 minutes of me waiting, I thought the mission's scripting broke some where. I had rescued the first two prisoners but the third was executed, at this point. I had no ID on the Viscount either. Since I figured I had triggered a walkthrough break somewhere, I restarted the mission.

On my retry, I made sure to
rescue the third prisoner before she could be executed. This revealed the location of the Viscount on the map. He was off in a field by a shack with one guard. I made off with him easily. Meanwhile, the interpretor and interrogator were stopped at the same house, doing nothing. It was nighttime too, when the interrogation of the Viscount was supposed to take place, apparently.

Weird scripting issues with that mission.
I ended up fultoning the 3 prisoners, the Viscount, and the interrogator + interpretor duo. Meh.

Geg

Just finished mission 43, got a few cutscene questions

Is that scene that's been in a few trailers showing the mother base soldiers fighting (one pulls out a knife and later Snake makes the soldier stab him with it) in the game? I was wondering if maybe that was a random MB cutscene that I've missed somehow.

Also I've done all ten wandering mother base soldier side ops but I'm still missing one memento photo for Paz. Is that something that comes later too?

Just finished mission 43, got a few cutscene questions

Is that scene that's been in a few trailers showing the mother base soldiers fighting (one pulls out a knife and later Snake makes the soldier stab him with it) in the game? I was wondering if maybe that was a random MB cutscene that I've missed somehow.

Also I've done all ten wandering mother base soldier side ops but I'm still missing one memento photo for Paz. Is that something that comes later too?

did you get the one thats right outside her room on the wall?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Okay, my addiction to Mother Base troop gathering and expansion needs to stop. Have all second platforms built, except for Base Development is on it's third. I have 172 people in the waiting room, but they are about to be dismissed.

Time to go fight
Quiet

Ok so who was the doofus who programmed the rocket arm's controls?

For a game with so much attention to detail why in the name of fuck am I having to control this thing in flight where up means up and down's down? Down should make it fly UP and vice versa! I flipped my Y axis in the game the second I got to the title screen and you're telling me I can't control the rocket arm the same way as I'm already aiming in this game?

Is there any way to flip this backwards-bit of programming? This is a deal breaker for me and my new rocket arm I spent so much GMP on. Seriously planning to never use is if I can't modify this :(

Top Bottom