• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Interesting little cutscene when you have flies buzzing over your head and returning to motherbase

If you have full bond with
Quiet
and you have the things i mentioned above then ummm yeah.

Not unless people know this then oh well I was expecting the same cutscene as the one we saw in trailers but it really surprised me!

Interesting little cutscene when you have flies buzzing over your head and returning to motherbase

If you have full bond with
Quiet
and you have the things i mentioned above then ummm yeah.

Not unless people know this then oh well I was expecting the same cutscene as the one we saw in trailers but it really surprised me!

The one that occurs when you fly into Mother Base with her when it's raining is more entertaining, IMO. :)

Aselith

8C484B7AD0F303A27CBBD6D5A9D04F526657A23F

GlassPlainBadger.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Whats the best loadout? Im just starting with her but I have a hard time using her ''the right way''

Your main hurdle over on is working with her loud, lethal rifle. Use the map to delegate her to areas and "scout" and she'll spot whoever, and then when you command her to "fire" she'll do her business. Because she starts lethal and loud I found her best used as a distraction when I didn't mind a mission turning bloody, otherwise she's only useful for scouting. Once her buddy level is up high enough you can research a loud tranq rifle, which makes her both an excellent distraction and avoids lethality. Keep going and you unlock a silenced variation, and at that point you can just send her to areas, have her start covering you, and she'll tranq everyone effortlessly.

Sometimes I forget to turn off the 'cover me' order on quiet and she will take over an entire outpost on her own while I'm running to the chopper extraction. Silent tranq rifle is ridiculous.

Xemnas89

Fuck it. Fuck this. I'm going to bed.

Fuck Mission 31. Shitty ass boss fight.

I loved that part.
I shot the four tanks on his back with my rocket launcher to get him about half way down then shot his mid section when he pulls out his sword. The part where he leaps at you all you have to do is shoot the mantis looking kid to stop him from doing the one hit kill move.

Also dying in mother base is fucking dumb. It's irritating to die from a high fall or accidentally driving off the bridge and losing a bunch of diamonds and those target-shooting side ops. Should've been an area where dying didn't count.

At the very least falling into the water should result in a little cutscene in which BB is fished out of the ocean by the crane or something. Followed by a snarky Ocelot comment.

Chariot

At the very least falling into the water should result in a little cutscene in which BB is fished out of the ocean by the crane or something. Followed by a snarky Ocelot comment.
That would be cool. Also waking up in medical bay after falling down the building. Although the thougt of Big Boss dying randomly at MB because he fell down is kinda funny.

Cyborg

Your main hurdle over on is working with her loud, lethal rifle. Use the map to delegate her to areas and "scout" and she'll spot whoever, and then when you command her to "fire" she'll do her business. Because she starts lethal and loud I found her best used as a distraction when I didn't mind a mission turning bloody, otherwise she's only useful for scouting. Once her buddy level is up high enough you can research a loud tranq rifle, which makes her both an excellent distraction and avoids lethality. Keep going and you unlock a silenced variation, and at that point you can just send her to areas, have her start covering you, and she'll tranq everyone effortlessly.

Thanks man!

Well this is weird, if you hold up someone and they decide to turn around and slash you with their knife, you can simply keep aiming your gun at them and they will put their hands back up. No alerts, no consequence, immediately resolved despite them pulling the knife on you.

Can I hop into a main mission, grab a blueprint or prisoner and then just return to the ACC? I'd rather not have to go through an entire mission again when the bonus stuff I want is right at the start.

Edit: Also, wow the "knock" when you're playing as one of your recruited soldiers is horrible :/

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Can I hop into a main mission, grab a blueprint or prisoner and then just return to the ACC? I'd rather not have to go through an entire mission again when the bonus stuff I want is right at the start.

So long as you wait for the auto-save/fulton to get back to MB before exiting, I don't see why not.

I am a gun noob, why isn't Snake's gun always fully reloaded ?

Not sure but I think it is a gun safety thing.

what I don't get is why didn't they just give her a paper and pen to write the answers

also dunno if this happened for you, but for me Kaz radios in saying why he's doing what he's doing in that scene and to come back after a side op
No, I didn't get any call over radio about it. Finished the side op I mentioned - extracted to ACC with Quiet - return to MB - BAM that cutscene.

Vek

i think so, yes. seems kinda familiar. maybe that guy that demoed the game at kojipro? i want to know this too.
Yeah, it's the demo master guy from kojipro aka Jackie Tan (I think). They put him in one of the demo missions and now he's the star of the 'Unlucky Dog' side ops series.

edit: nvm
I never got the fighting staff cutscene.. I'll have to lower my morale or something.

How does morale lower, is it just going in the red? Losing battles?
I emptied a full magazine of rubber bullets into one of my staff and he just thanked me.

Montresor

Something I loved in the trailers and in Ground Zeroes: Emphatic white subtitle detailing someone's name and description whenever a new character was introduced:

I.E. Quiet: A sniper deprived of her words, or Chico: A young volunteer in Snake's private army.

It looks so cool when this comes up, but I learned from my brother that they removed this in Phantom Pain. :(

tensuke

Any good places to find fuel resources?

Dunno but on the afghanistan base camp to the northwest (the one from mission
) I found 3 white/gray fuel containers (750 each) and one red one (7500). Haven't found a bigger cluster yet but I only just started looking for more fuel.

Travo

Dunno but on the afghanistan base camp to the northwest (the one from mission
) I found 3 white/gray fuel containers (750 each) and one red one (7500). Haven't found a bigger cluster yet but I only just started looking for more fuel.

Thanks.

tensuke

Something I loved in the trailers and in Ground Zeroes: Emphatic white subtitle detailing someone's name and description whenever a new character was introduced:

I.E. Quiet: A sniper deprived of her words, or Chico: A young volunteer in Snake's private army.

It looks so cool when this comes up, but I learned from my brother that they removed this in Phantom Pain. :(

That was just a trailer thing showcasing some of the various characters. Although previous mgs games did have a character's name and voice actor onscreen when they were introduced.

JAY the BIRD

Neo Member
I am a gun noob, why isn't Snake's gun always fully reloaded ?

Basically, there is one in the chamber, which means a bullet that has gone from the magazine, into the chamber to be shot. So if you have a 30 round magazine, and you load your gun, one bullet goes into the chamber, leaving 29 bullets left in the mag. When you instantly reload your gun when a mission starts, there is one in the chamber (1), you remove the clip that fed in that 1 bullet (29), and replace it with a full clip (30). This leads to 31 bullets before reload.

This is something that wouldn't be very useful in real life, since reloading a magazine with 29 bullets in it and throwing it on the ground would result in 29 bullets wasted. Thanks to the magic of video games, you can save the 29 bullets, and thankfully don't have to go through the tedious process of manually loading mags.

In short, mission starts with one in the chamber for your guns, so you reload and have 1 extra bullet before needing to reload again. Just another small detail in the game.

Top Bottom