• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

holygeesus

Banned
Call in the a chopper to that area, she should be about 10 feet in front of door where it lands.

8l1SOJq.gif

Cheers guys, I just restarted mission 11 in the end and it played out fine. Did she
do a little dance in the lake when low on health, for anyone else? Made a rainbow appear :nuts:

I think it bugged out before as I left the mission area or something. All sorted now. Thank you both.

So I just got to mission 13. Is it possible to have the fulton upgraded past cargo +2 at this point? I've been pretty diligent with side ops and fultoning skilled soldiers.

Can you play missions without your buddies such as quite? Are they necessary in any way besides helping or are they needed to progress through the game/story?

Icefire1424

Usually during the briefing Miller will say "it would be a shame to lose such talent..." and so on, hinting that you can fulton.

Fulton failure might just be a weird corner case because even if they die via fulton you still eliminated them so...

Yea, I caught Miller saying that. Actually went into the mission planning on extraction anyways.

You absolutely can. It sounds like you got unlucky!

Just my luck then.

sometimes happens unfortunately, you have to develop the fulton more to avoid that (of course you are still pretty early for that, luck I guess)

yes, it is possible to extract
the "killing targets,"
but they will go directly to the brig because they resist to join DD, a medical team can solve that pretty quickly

Assumed that too, having played through Peace Walker. Just need a bit of convincing :)

I can go back and replay that mission for another attempt, yea?

So I've heard about the multiple endings thing. Will you know when you get to the end cause I'm not getting any more missions? I just passed the mission where
he wipes the ashes all over his face

mcz117chief

So I finally got my hands on the game and so far I really like it.

There is nothing more satisfying than riding on Boss' horse at night while listening to Calling to the Night (thank you SONY for USB music player, fuck you Kojima for not respecting your series).

I love the gameplay, everything is so smooth and works great. The prologue dragged on a lot though, I wouldn't mind if the hospital scene was 1/3 of it's length.

I love the assassination missions. Finding your target and the lining up the perfect shot with your sniper rifle from a hill. So good :)

The game managed to crash my PS4 once so far (it just turned itself off like if I were to pull the cord) but I hope it won't happen very often. Luckily there are enough save spots so loss of progress is practically impossible.

Overall I really enjoy the game and I am glad I bought it. Solid 9/10 so far.

p.s. What is fulton good for if you can just put them onto the helicopter?

Shinjica

So I finally got my hands on the game and so far I really like it.

There is nothing more satisfying than riding on Boss' horse at night while listening to Calling to the Night (thank you SONY for USB music player, fuck you Kojima for not respecting your series).

I love the gameplay, everything is so smooth and works great. The prologue dragged on a lot though, I wouldn't mind if the hospital scene was 1/3 of it's length.

I love the assassination missions. Finding your target and the lining up the perfect shot with your sniper rifle from a hill. So good :)

The game managed to crash my PS4 once so far (it just turned itself off like if I were to pull the cord) but I hope it won't happen very often. Luckily there are enough save spots so loss of progress is practically impossible.

Overall I really enjoy the game and I am glad I bought it. Solid 9/10 so far.

You're not doing your mission right if you dont fulton all your objective

Is a that a serious question?

wiibomb

Cheers guys, I just restarted mission 11 in the end and it played out fine. Did she
do a little dance in the lake when low on health, for anyone else? Made a rainbow appear :nuts:

I think it bugged out before as I left the mission area or something. All sorted now. Thank you both.

wait, what?? she never did that when I found her.. lol, wonder how it triggers

Wagram

So I earned the Hero code name and a trophy from doing a side ops mission. Anyone have any clue what I did and what the code name does?

usp84

Ok you are supposed to(middle game mother base spoilers)
put everyone who speaks kikongo on quarantine right?But some of them have a flag and i cant move them to quarantine.Is it inevitable to have disease spread?

nns3d

I thought the only way to unlock the
Cyborg Ninja costume was to get S Ranks in all of the story missions? Cuz I just met the development requirements & I'm nowhere close to getting All-S ranks lol

SomTervo

I don't understand what you mean by that.

Sure. Fulton can fail and so far I never had to extract more than 1 person at a time so no need to risk it. I of course use the free fulton for taking resources.

Fulton is 100% success rate unless the weather's bad. (Which passes in a minute or so.)

Why put people on the chopper when you can fulton them?

The only risk is other enemies seeing it. But you can drag them away a few years and it'll be fine.

Eh, I see what you're saying but the problem with this comment is that you've picked the TWO times I would say the game really felt diverse, and the two high points of the entire game for me. They're great examples of the game being great, but they were two missions in a game of 200 missions / side ops that ended up taking me like 80 hours. The vast majority of that time was spent infiltrating and fultoning someone. Point taken though.

The lack of interior settings was utterly bizarre, doubly so considering
the mansion was so good

There's tons of good missions even if there not story missions but the should have simply cut down about ten missions and made them side ops instead and still would have had plenty of content.

Keep

Missions 1-4, 6, 8-13, 15-16, 18, 20-23, 27-31

Would have been a 25 hour game for chapter 1 and would have been perfect.

As it is gameplay is so fun I don't care... This and mgs3 are my top 2 metal gear games

Sure. Fulton can fail and so far I never had to extract more than 1 person at a time so no need to risk it. I of course use the free fulton for taking resources.

You gotta build up your army. You do that by fultoning stunned or sleeping soldiers. You may want to try to Fulton the targets in the assassination missions as they tend to have useful skills or good stats.

Shinjica

Every man you need to kill can be captured (fulton is better). They have higher stats and sometime they give you more dialog at the end of a mission.

Fulton can fail only when the weather is bad. Wait until is good and fulton all your objective. More easy and fast than carry everyone to the chopper

Randam

The main Soviet military base is pretty much the size of Grosni Grad by itself, if not larger. Slightly less in terms of interiors but there were never many interiors in MGS3 anyway.

the one where you find
Emmerich
?

if so: that where only a few hangars with one bigger room.

Ok you are supposed to(middle game mother base spoilers)
put everyone who speaks kikongo on quarantine right?But some of them have a flag and i cant move them to quarantine.Is it inevitable to have disease spread?

They may be in your combat team on deployment if you can't move them. Considering you can't deploy during
an outbreak,
just wait for them to get home and then move them.

Steroyd

is there any reason to keep Troublemaker soldiers? I dismissed them all.

No. They only give trouble to other soldiers, that said I put them all in my security team where they can fight amongst themselves, they're usually high rank so it levels that up and a bonus of invading fuckers potentially stealing them away, win win.

Would I recieve anything special for completing the game without killing anyone? And does Quiet killing people affect that?

Not as far as I've heard of. There are point bonuses in the scoring for each mission that reward you for "No Kills" and Also "Full Stealth, No Kills."

However, those are just bonuses. I've certainly S Ranked missions with loud and lethal playstyles.

LiK

No. They only give trouble to other soldiers, that said I put them all in my security team where they can fight amongst themselves, they're usually high rank so it levels that up and a bonus of invading fuckers potentially stealing them away, win win.

lol, so they're useful for trolling other players. not bad. i'll do that when I unlock the security section

Shauni

Question about Nukes: Can you build one and dismantle your own? Or do you have to do that FOB stuff and capture one to dismantle?

Branson

...they can? I feel kind of bad now :<
I had no idea people actually killed those targets haha. I mean you can and the game tells you. But I would think adding these high valued targets to your Mother Base would be incentive enough to just Fulton them home.

I'm like "oh you good? Good. Come with me."

usp84

One other question post mission 25 please
So i quarantined all Kikongo soldiers but the problem is i did it because i knew about it as soon as it happened.Do i miss anything if the disease doesnt spread?I mean i ma sure a lot if player wouldnt figure t out immediately and i only knew because i saw it here

mcarlie

Banned
So i quarantined all Kikongo soldiers but the problem is i did it because i knew about it as soon as it happened.Do i miss anything if the disease doesnt spread?I mean i ma sure a lot if player wouldnt figure t out immediately and i only knew because i saw it here

More people die afik

OrochiJR

So I've heard about the multiple endings thing. Will you know when you get to the end cause I'm not getting any more missions? I just passed the mission where
he wipes the ashes all over his face

Just grind side ops, the next (yellow) story mission or important side op should pop up this way. Storywise you are done after Mission

Branson

To be honest just get the main missions done as fast as you can. That's what I did.

Man, I can't agree with that at all. No vehicle mission in a prior MGS has every been as exhilarating to me as Mission 9 spoiler
galloping across the desert chasing tanks, firing RPGs down on them from atop a ridge.
. Up through Mission 30 I've had a bunch of other missions with similar, epic moments that matched any of the pre-planned setpieces of prior MGS games. But this time it was pretty much all emergent and didn't have to play out that way had I gone about it differently.
I came here to post about this exact mission. I just beat it in one run, and while I was having a lot of fun with the game before Mission 9, that mission put the fucking game over the top for me and now I'm pretty sure I won't be playing anything else in the coming weeks. Here's an image of the map -

yeaaaahbxuk8.png

I've been rolling full stealth this entire game so I figured I'd get to have a bit of fun here. Equipped as little as possible besides my stealth suit, some mines, and a cheap shoulder mounted grenade launcher.

First thing I did was fulton some random female soldier at my landing zone...

Then I hopped on D-Horse and hauled ass over to [1], where I dropped one C4 and two mines (which vehicles often don't trigger for whatever reason, so the C4 acts as insurance). Just enough time to dive out of view behind a rock as the first tank comes rolling along. Instant death for the tank!

Hopped back on and made my way over to [2], did the same thing, killing the second tank. Nobody even knows I'm here at this point. I set 1 more C4 and my last mine at [3], and then make my way toward [4], as that's the direction the prisoner jeep seems to be headed. On my way, I check my map, see the artillery tank about to roll over my trap, and I blow it. 3 down.

The 4th tank is headed toward the top of the map and there's no way I can catch up so I let it go and resolve to kill the rest. Once I'm at [4], I left my horse in the middle of the road and waited about 10 seconds. The prisoner jeep rolls up, stops, honks at my horse, and I roll around the rock, and take each of the soldiers inside out with a single silenced bullet to the head. Fulton'd the prisoner right then and there. Dropped a supply drop at [5] so I could re-stock on C4, and then killed the 5th tank using it at [5]. That's when I realize that the last two are together, and they're so close to the nearby settlement that it's time to drop all pretenses of a stealth operation... I run between the roads of [5] and [6], pull out my launcher, and shoot the tank that's lagging behind. Both stop for a minute, neither see me, and I take out the back one at [6]. One left!

The last one starts hauling ass north and out of there. Fuck. I come up with a last ditch effort - I set my exfil landing zone nearby, and aim a bombardment up north toward the edge of the mission zone, at [7], while the tank was rolling through the Supply Outpost. Those things take some time to activate, so I figured I'd probably miss the shot.

30 seconds later, while running toward the goddamn chopper, the bombardment scored a direct fucking hit on the sucker as he tried desperately to escape. Felt so good. man, this game, the many ways it enables you to tackle objectives, it's so good. And not a single damn person saw me all the while.

papo

So yeah that happened:

Game 'ended' after mission 31. But it really didn't. Eli whoever he is I don't know anymore and the mantis child and all of that. It got confusing and sort of anticlimactic a bit. I though it would be more about Big Boss, but we'll see. no more spoilers, That last battle was cool.

Great game! Love it! Too bad Kojima/MGS is no more.

Top Bottom