• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
It's one major factor in fact. I think what he meant to say is he is trying to score an S-Rank and it took 2h to complete his last mission on this rank (restarting, resetting checkpoints etc)

No, what he is saying is he enjoys taking his time and there for is not going for S Ranks.

Chariot

Best casette tape of ALL TIME (chapter 2):

Code Talker's love of hamburgers
Yeah, really enjoyed those. Made the character human and not just some guy who is good at remembering Wikipedia articles. My favourite scene was
when Kaz called him out on his "all taht nature has to offer bullshit", when he just really liked eating Hamburgers.

LiK

ugh, I need to get through this game quicker. even Shawn Elliott posted spoilers in his twitter feed. I did not need to know that.

Saven

Banned
Just finished Mission 29.

Terrible, terrible boss fight. That might've been the worst boss fight in the whole series. That was not enjoyable to play at all and didn't care for how easily you could get killed. Not looking forward to replaying this on future playthroughs.

Neoweee

I just finished Chapter 30...does the Main story end after Chapter 31 and the rest are just challenge missions?...I'm confused

The Main Story ends, but there's some unique missions, a bunch of extra cutscenes and tapes, and a decent number of repeat challenge missions that will unlock after that.

Terrible, terrible boss fight. That might've been the worst boss fight in the whole series. That was not enjoyable to play at all and didn't care for how easily you could get killed. Not looking forward to replaying this on future playthroughs.

You're overreacting. There's so many different viable ways to complete that fight.

Future

It's cuz they don't tutorialize anything. Stick you right in there and I'm pretty sure everyone dies a couple of times before even registering what they should do. And once you understand, it's not so bad

Branson

The Main Story ends with 31, but there's some unique missions, a bunch of extra cutscenes and tapes, and a decent number of repeat challenge missions that will unlock after that.

You're overreacting. There's so many different viable ways to complete that fight.
Wait what? I'm on 30, (just finished 29) and the story doesn't seem anywhere near wrapping up.

Oh god. This goes weird doesn't it.

Oh come on. Just take that D Walker already!

It is an easy fight comparing to a certain mission
:)

Need that CGM-25. That's livin'

brau

So glad I learned that you can grab onto the balloons when fultoning containers. Saved my ass in mission 35

how do you hold on to them? earlier in that same mission, trying to fulton out on the second container, and it knocked me off lol. i guess i should've been prone?

Randam

So time does not affects mission rank?

you can take your time and get a s rank.
but being quick is the easiest way.
you can even play for over 2 hours, no kills, no reflex, no alerts etc but still end with only an a rank.

here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-gmp-s-ranks-mission-scores-calculations-4014

no traces gives also you 100k.
but for that you aren't allowed to interfere with anything at all.
can't touch anyone. can't destroy anything(no shooting cameras, etc)
have to sneak past everything.

markwaters

Neo Member
how do you hold on to them? earlier in that same mission, trying to fulton out on the second container, and it knocked me off lol. i guess i should've been prone?

You can hang on to them by holding the action button once you've successfully attached the Fulton.

Qwell

Has anyone fully upgraded Mother Base and the required FOB? I just kind of thought about and makes me wonder if this game might be a little too grindy. I have left my game running for no joke about 5 days straight now, maybe longer. Steam says I have played the game over 230 hours. I do this so I can process resources, I farmed mission 21 for Fuel since that is the most valuable resource in the game as far as I can tell. I'm constantly doing the combat missions and side-ops for GMP, and I focused my MB upgrades on Base Development and R&D first so I could have maximum efficiency in processing Fuel and researching items.

With all that, with an almost entirely A+ staff of base development and with almost always have a large reserve of unprocessed fuel so I can have maximum output of processed fuel. And leaving the game running for days on end, I still don't have enough Fuel to buy all the motherbase upgrades. I would say at this pace I would need another 200+ hours to fully upgrade my MB and the free FOB you get.

So ... has anyone fully upgraded MB and the 1st FOB? Should I just focus on beating the game because you find a ton of actual processed Fuel? I'm always running around and picking up the 100x boxes of processed, I have put a large amount of time into the missions, side ops and just free-roam going from checkpoint to outpost to get re-spawned processed fuel.

ezekial45

Banned
What's a good way to gain heroism? I'm sitting at 90k now, and apparently I need over 150k for the S rank soldier to start appearing in the world.

Also, how do I get the side op to eliminate the
puppet soldiers
to show up on the mission list? I've seen a lot of people do it, but I've got nothing from that so far. I heard that completing mission 32 opened it up, but I already did that.

Has anyone fully upgraded Mother Base and the required FOB? I just kind of thought about and makes me wonder if this game might be a little too grindy. I have left my game running for no joke about 5 days straight now, maybe longer. Steam says I have played the game over 230 hours. I do this so I can process resources, I farmed mission 21 for Fuel since that is the most valuable resource in the game as far as I can tell. I'm constantly doing the combat missions and side-ops for GMP, and I focused my MB upgrades on Base Development and R&D first so I could have maximum efficiency in processing Fuel and researching items.

With all that, with an almost entirely A+ staff of base development and with almost always have a large reserve of unprocessed fuel so I can have maximum output of processed fuel. And leaving the game running for days on end, I still don't have enough Fuel to buy all the motherbase upgrades. I would say at this pace I would need another 200+ hours to fully upgrade my MB and the free FOB you get.

So ... has anyone fully upgraded MB and the 1st FOB? Should I just focus on beating the game because you find a ton of actual processed Fuel? I'm always running around and picking up the 100x boxes of processed, I have put a large amount of time into the missions, side ops and just free-roam going from checkpoint to outpost to get re-spawned processed fuel.

It is grindy, especially for the fuel. But you should farm more good soldiers for your base development team (ie: S rank) and bring its level to 60+. Then farm unprocessed resources (mission 12 is the best for fuel) to 100 or 150K.

Some numbers :
Base development level 25-40 : the processing takes 25min
Base development level 41-60 : the processing takes 15min
Base development level 61-84 : the processing takes 12min
Base development level 85-99 : the processing takes 10min

So you can level up to 61, I think it's enough (grinding to 85 is not worth it).
It'll still be a pain but by the time you get every other side objectives done, you'll upgrade all your MB.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Crazy talk, i like mission 45. It feel like a boss fight, the stake is high, with the difficulty slowly rise as you progress. And the ending to it, that was some good stuff.
Hate the fact that Quiet automatically use supply drop though, since i just pick up some ammo from the field

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Some numbers :

Thanks for the numbers, very helpful.

What's a good way to gain heroism? I'm sitting at 90k now, and apparently I need over 150k for the S rank soldier to start appearing in the world.

Save animals, it's easy point (take some traps with you). Also the big outpost can give you 300 if you clean them.
You might want to replay episode and do side ops as well.

Crazy talk, i like mission 45. It feel like a boss fight, the stake is high, with the difficulty slowly rise as you progress. And the ending to it, that was some good stuff.
Hate the fact that Quiet automatically use supply drop though, since i just pick up some ammo from the field
You're not crazy, mission 45 is great. I think the reason some people dislike it is because they aren't expecting
a mission about Quiet to be based on fighting tanks and APCs.

TitusTroy

The Main Story ends with 31, but there's some unique missions, a bunch of extra cutscenes and tapes, and a decent number of repeat challenge missions that will unlock after that

do I need to complete all the repeat challenge missions plus new side-ops to get all the Chapter 2 missions?

Randam

Has anyone fully upgraded Mother Base and the required FOB? I just kind of thought about and makes me wonder if this game might be a little too grindy. I have left my game running for no joke about 5 days straight now, maybe longer. Steam says I have played the game over 230 hours.

did you do something else woth your computer?

I used alt + tab to surf some neogaf and the times stayed the same.

Qwell

It is grindy, especially for the fuel. But you should farm more good soldiers for your base development team (ie: S rank) and bring its level to 60+. Then farm unprocessed resources (mission 12 is the best for fuel) to 100 or 150K.

Some numbers :

So you can level up to 61, I think it's enough (grinding to 85 is not worth it).
It'll still be a pain but by the time you get every other side objectives done, you'll upgrade all your MB.
Believe me I capture pretty much everyone and will manually go in adjust people so I have my best in R&D and base development. I'm regularly finding soldiers with 2x stats at A++ now, but perhaps I do need to progress the story a little faster to try and get the S ranks. I think my base dev is around lvl 50 right now. Can't remember my exact heroism number but I know its pretty high up there

Mission 12 is the one where you need the "special" fulton though correct?

Finally beat mission 4

Holy shit.

First: amazing mission, which I wish we had more of in this game. Finally got some impactful scenes and development out of boss.

Second: Kojima really needs to make a horror game :(

Okay, I'm runnimg out of patience waiting for the final missions to unlock.
Most especially mission 46. I need to get the rest of the Questioning Huey tapes in order to see a specific scene, and I was supposed to get #5 after completing mission 43, but that didn't happen.
Is there STILL something I'm missing here?

Konami should have just let them print this shit in the strategy guide.

Top Bottom