• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Corpsepyre

Banned
For those who have ended it, how am I to go by the later missions? I want finality in the ending. Should I do the extreme missions before the final mission?

Mission 21....I think I'm done with SideOps. Super fun, but this game is taking too long and I want to get it over with. It'd probably help too if I actually killed people instead of going for S rank every damn mission with perfect stealth and no kills. I need to slap myself and stop caring about the fuckin' rank, pull out an automatic, some grenade launchers, and have some fun.

Groof

I just used both helicopter support and a bombardment and just completely wiped out the enemy. First time not going stealth all the way. And it felt good

Hystzen

Worst thing in game ignoring the "chapter 2" or quiet outfit on a interesting character.

Is the fact Heavens Divide is not the vocal version WTF KOJIMA WHYYYYYY

Dahbomb

Man that mission where
you had to extract kid prisoners in Africa was bull shit of the highest order.

I ended up having to call Quiet to clean up all the soldiers in the way. I still got a S rank for it shockingly after retrying so many times and killing quite a few soldiers along the way.

FranXico

I don't think Auto weeds out the Troublemakers for you so you would need to account for that, but otherwise I haven't felt the need to fuss with it so much.

Also beware of Boasters, they display fake inflated stats and hold back the unit level as a result.

poncle

look for a connection between all the sick soldiers. Also just power through to the end of mission 29. Much less effort than trying to manage it all.

Thanks, just going to rush through the missions then,
not going to waste half an hour going through a list of 500 units, looking at the only one thing they cannot be sorted by.

I wonder who made this game, have a couple of thing I'd like to tell him.

Chapter 2 related question:

Can you find Skulls in the open world? Or is the only way to obtain Parasite items to farm Skulls from previous missions?

Lanrutcon

Mission 21....I think I'm done with SideOps. Super fun, but this game is taking too long and I want to get it over with. It'd probably help too if I actually killed people instead of going for S rank every damn mission with perfect stealth and no kills. I need to slap myself and stop caring about the fuckin' rank, pull out an automatic, some grenade launchers, and have some fun.

Grenade launchers are the way to glory.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
In case you were wondering who that gorgeous lady on the cardboard box was.

2015-09-1423_34_26-meb3s7s.png

wiibomb

Is the fact Heavens Divide is not the vocal version WTF KOJIMA WHYYYYYY
WHAT??? WHY????

I can't believe it, it must be somewhere, please someone tell me it's somewhere..

I heard Calling to The Night isn't either.. just what happened?

EDIT: and the Love Deterrence song I found isn't the original vocalized one... I really hope it is around there somewhere

Shauni

Is there any other side op I have to do first before 50 will unlock?

According to the guidebook you have to just complete mission 31, but I'm finding that non-important side ops don't really have any rhyme or reason to them sometimes. Just keep doing main missions and other side ops and it'll eventually unlock.

I'm wondering if it's theoretically possible to empty out most bases with just the magazine.
Eliminate the Heavy Infantry
missions have caused me to learn to use them more.

Kindekuma

Banned
I'm wondering if it's theoretically possible to empty out most bases with just the magazine.
Eliminate the Heavy Infantry
missions have caused me to learn to use them more.

If it makes sense, then it most likely works. You'll need some crazy strategy if you're just using a magazine though.

Travo

There are three large containers under a hanger at the airport. How do I get them from underneath there to Fulton them?

I just need to double-check something with you guys. I unlocked mission 46 and side ops 150.
If I want Quiet to survive, do I do 46 without doing Side Ops 150 first? I'm under the impression that 150 leads directly into mission 45, which I don't want. Do I
?

brau

There are three large containers under a hanger at the airport. How do I get them from underneath there to Fulton them?

I have not tried ramming them with a truck. BUt that would be my first idea.

if nothing else works, you'll need the
wormhole
fulton upgrade.

Is there patch notes listed anywhere? Was wondering what it was for.
Fixed the Quiet savegame corruption issue.

Polygon said:
The "Quiet Bug" in Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain has been fixed for the PlayStation 4 and Windows PC editions of the game, with other platforms following soon, Konami announced this morning.

The glitch takes its name from the fact that if a player brings along the sniper NPC Quiet as a companion on two certain missions, the save file will become corrupt and unusable.

Basketball

I just need to double-check something with you guys. I unlocked mission 46 and side ops 150.
If I want Quiet to survive, do I do 46 without doing Side Ops 150 first? I'm under the impression that 150 leads directly into mission 45, which I don't want. Do I
?

If you want Quiet as your buddy

Put on the butterfly emblem (don't take it off) and don't do mission 45 or side op 150

you can do mission 46. Then Youtube stuff (Losing Quiet not worth it)

If you care about the 100% stuff do everything

Is there patch notes listed anywhere? Was wondering what it was for.

Version 1.03
-Fixed an issue where under specific conditions, the game halts progression in the black screens displayed after clearing Mission 29 and Mission 42.
-Fixed the issue where once the prior issue is triggered, the save data goes directly to the black screen and game progression is halted
-Fixed the issue where using the selection controls during the tutorial when first buying an FOB the game halted progression.
------------

If you want Quiet as your buddy

Put on the butterfly emblem (don't take it off) and don't do mission 45 or side op 150

you can do mission 46.

Awesome, thanks.

So I just started the game. Only played up to and including Episode 3, plus a few side ops. All the missions I've tried so far I S-ranked on my first attempt. And I often played pretty badly too, and restarted checkpoint a bunch of times. I guess it gets harder, lol?

Wagram

So you lose
Quiet
forever after
Mission 45
? What the fuck.
I didn't use her a lot (prefer d-dog). but still she was very useful for certain missions.

heringer

Game is starting to click with me, around 14 hours in.

What bothers me a little is that everything takes too long. No wonder people finish the game ith 60, 70 hours. Half the time you are running around to get to the objective or doing filler stuff.

Just finished Mission 31.
This seems like a proper end to MGS5. But i know theres another 19 missions. I feel like if this wasnt Kojima's last MGS this would have ended here and then MGS6 would go off of what the ending here was.Guess i gotta do the next 19 missions to see what happens.

Top Bottom