• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Portugeezer

It's not really shoved in for microtransactions, although I'm sure Konami would love to benefit from that anyway. It's a form of multiplayer and advanced base expansion, but it's pretty poorly implemented so you're not going to miss much if you skip it entirely. I think the FOB concept had some neat ideas behind it but none of that really feels executed to the level where it's not a pain in the ass to deal with.

There are a couple of times in which it stops you from being able to do anything until you do the online stuff, you can't even pause to disconnect because it stays in the iDroid menu.

I would say though, it's worth constructing the FOB just for the extra staff it allows you to have (don't know if it would happen offline).

Spazznid

lol wow, I played Wetsuit by The Vaccines in part of it. lmao.

Just do Mission 23, Get to White MAmba's village, and she's in one of the huts. Tranq everyone rescue her, and then tranq Mamba. When you pick him up, the game will save. Pause and return to ACC, and then you're golden.

kris.

Banned
In the middle of mission 2
Skull Face wants to destroy every language on earth except english. What in the fuck.

KOJIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Two questions:

I heard there is a secret ending. Is this true? I'm on mission 19 now, is there anything special I must do?

Also, how are some playing as female characters?

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Question about Quiets story

So she is gone now, was a great ending to her side story. anyway to get her back now?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Two questions:

I heard there is a secret ending. Is this true? I'm on mission 19 now, is there anything special I must do?

Also, how are some playing as female characters?

1. No.

2. You can select different characters once you have unlocked your Combat Unit. Do it before missions in the prep screen.

duckroll

Question about Quiets story

So she is gone now, was a great ending to her side story. anyway to get her back now?

Nope. I think on PC there is a mod you can use. But otherwise just sit back and appreciate the one character arc which actually paid off and worked in the entire game. :)

Anbec7

This is just a question about the patch and bug related stuff.
I saw that my ps4 downloaded the patch but everytime I see the screen at the beginning of the game it still says 1.02... any ideas???

posting this again since I'm close to mision 29 and its where the bug happens lol

malfcn

Finally went back to main ops, Mission 16. Wtf, I was hidden and it goes into a scene. And.. Why can you sometimes grab them and then not? I'm thinking about smoking the place out.

Then I reload and the target is gone. -_-

TitusTroy

I just finished Mission 31 and Chapter 2 started...but I hear that most of the missions from here till the end are just remixed versions of earlier missions with only around 6 all new story missions...wth??...why?...why not just add the story based content and leave out the repeating ones?...sounds like they're just padding the game with filler...it already has 157 Side-Ops so there's no point of making people repeat things just to get additional content

I just finished Mission 31 and Chapter 2 started...but I hear that most of the missions from here till the end are just remixed versions of earlier missions with only around 6 all new story missions...wth??...why?...why not just add the story based content and leave out the repeating ones?...sounds like they're just padding the game with filler...it already has 157 Side-Ops so there's no point of making people repeat things just to get additional content

You don't have to do any of the repeat missions to unlock new story content. You will have to do some side ops to unlock new gold marked missions though if nothing new pops up, but its not too bad.

KarmaCow

God damn, it takes 24 in-game hours to develop a nuke? I was planning on finishing the last few side ops I had after finishing the nuke to counter the +50k demon points but now I'm running out of things to do.

kris.

Banned
Mission 29:

So I just got decimated about 10 seconds into this. I'm gonna assume D-Walker will help out here? I haven't even touched it since it unlocked ;_;

TitusTroy

You don't have to do any of the repeat missions to unlock new story content. You will have to do some side ops to unlock new gold marked missions though if nothing new pops up, but its not too bad.

the game looked like it was over after Chapter 31...adding in an Epilogue is fine but adding in 13 remixed missions into the 'Main Mission' tab seems like a strange move...I also heard rumors that Hideo Kojima's involvement with the development ended after Chapter 31 so that's why they split the game into 2 parts...any truth to this?

Gorillaz

Mission 29:

So I just got decimated about 10 seconds into this. I'm gonna assume D-Walker will help out here? I haven't even touched it since it unlocked ;_;
edit: cause I obviously felt like I was doing 2 missions seemlessly together lol

kris.

Banned
walk/crawl through the lower valley to avoid them at the far end by the mouth of a waterfall there are rocks to climb up the side to avoid them. I had C4 planted back by the begining and used it as a distraction for them. Meanwhile Quiet was then my UAV and scouted the snipers. I changed buddies mid mission once I got to the mansion to something a little more "closer" to me. once you get there you will understand why I changed

That's mission 28!

29 is
terrifying zombies(??) at the downed helicopter.

the game looked like it was over after Chapter 31...adding in an Epilogue is fine but adding in 13 remixed missions into the 'Main Mission' tab seems like a strange move...I also heard rumors that Hideo Kojima's involvement with the development ended after Chapter 31 so that's why they split the game into 2 parts...any truth to this?

I can't confirm that, but I'm pretty sure his name still appears on the mission titles so I don't think so.

And I mean, its strange, but its all totally optional and for the people who want to play subsistence/extreme/total stealth versions of the missions so there's no harm to it.

Mission 29:

Flee like a coward.

Worked like a charm for me.

Edit : Oh right, wrong mission.

RPG + assault rifle combos. Hide in small rooms. The Skulls can't follow you everywhere and they're super slow.

braves01

Banned
Post-Chapter 31 spoilers:

So I'm working through the Episode 2 stuff now, but I don't really want to struggle through the Extreme and Subsistence stuff if it isn't necessary. What is the bare minimum I have to do to see the real ending?

KarmaCow

Post-Chapter 31 spoilers:

So I'm working through the Episode 2 stuff now, but I don't really want to struggle through the Extreme and Subsistence stuff if it isn't necessary. What is the bare minimum I have to do to see the real ending?

Do anything marked as important. Do the yellow side ops and play the tapes.

Gorillaz

That's mission 28!

29 is
terrifying zombies(??) at the downed helicopter.

sorry breh gonna edit that last one

d walker gattling gun was my choice, with 500 rounds at least he could take someone close to the edge of death and then you could finish it. After that I did alot of running around in circles and always moving so I didn't get corners you can easily get enough distance between them especially in the walker

does anyone ever have their Enemy Preparedness icons turn "redder"?

They help description says it's supposed to turn "redder" based on how much Preparedness they have for, e.g. Covert Action, Combat, Sniper, Head Shots, etc... but the icons are either just white or dark seemingly based on Dispatch missions. I never see any sort of more gradient redness -- just a sort of absolute active or inactive.

It's very exact about when it saves. I completed a side ops missing at mother base then died and had to do it over again. I figured it saved after each mission. I even tried forcing a save by changing something in the menu but that doesn't work.

FFS.
it seems more based on location, not progress, in free roam/side ops during missions it's more progress based I suppose because it triggers after cutscenes, notable events, etc... but because of the sort of free roam nature of side ops, I suppose there are no triggers... so yeah I've had one situation where I lost like 30 minutes clearing a huge base and then lost it because technically no checkpoint was triggered.

typically now, if I ever feel it's been too long since a checkpoint save and I feel unsafe (maybe I just stealthily cleared 15 troops and now I see 5 rocket mecha haha) I'll just manually force a save by leaving the area until a save triggers and return (since it's a free roam/side op, no 'progress' or world effect from leaving).

Chapter
spoilers (after Mission
).

I did the
Search for the Children 05
mission, but while it was saving after
extracting the kid
, I fell off the cliff and died. When I reloaded from the checkpoint I was in the middle of the base and
all the normal soldiers were there (instead of being empty with just some zombie solders)
. I never got any cassette tapes afterward and I haven't gotten a cutscene when returning to Mother Base yet. I figured I would have
due to Eli's threats
. Did I miss out on stuff, or does the cutscene happen later on and not right away?

I did mission
and some side ops in the mean time and nothing progressed in terms
of Eli
. Thank you.

cj_iwakura

tumblr_inline_nupcr16I3Z1rs4bf7_540.png

http://nicht-alles-gold.tumblr.com/

Top Bottom