• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

SomTervo

Africa
I've never felt like Big Boss as much as I did when I rescued the child soldiers. On a moonlit night with the kids following me, PFs not much farther behind,all my supressors spent and Quiet covering my ass from afar.. and that mad dash to the chopper.. it was like out of a dream.

I actually didn't like the (very minor base spoiler)
mine
area that much.

What got me was (Mission 28-30 spoilers)
the Mansion where you do that cliff/river approach and then get Codetalker from the basement.

Like that building was unbelievable. It looked incredible, it had incredible patrols, it was almost fully rendered inside and was so real. Even just from outside, suddenly seeing it over a small hill/trees/a wooden bridge. One of the best levels I've ever seen in gaming. So vertical and so explorable. Blew my mind.

Sneaking past the Skulls, sneaking up the hillside through the brush, sniping guys walking on high-up balconies, distracting them with a fulton, creeping in a side door, getting through to the library, dropping off upper floor railings just before guys see me, eventually grabbing Codetalker and making it to the chopper without any eyes-on.

Fucking unbelievable.

Hasney

My combat deployment is yellow with a mission called "crush the drug cartel" but it wont let me do it as it says i don't have any fighting vehicles. Where do i get a fighting vehicle from?

I can actually do that, but I can't get higher than a 60-odd% chance so I've not tried. You need the battle gear complete for it and also some walkers I believe. You may need to extract some of those (at work so I can't check). Look at the icons in the bottom right when you've got the mission highlighted, it should make it clearer

JawzPause

I can actually do that, but I can't get higher than a 60-odd% chance so I've not tried. You need the battle gear complete for it and also some walkers I believe. You may need to extract some of those (at work so I can't check). Look at the icons in the bottom right when you've got the mission highlighted, it should make it clearer
Ok thanks man

Mission 18... I think I need some tips.

Those fucking kids just DO. NOT. MOVE. For fuck's sake, they are unbelievably slow at the most crucial moments, like when I need them to get to the goddamn chopper and not hang around in a shitty river. I loaded one kid into the chopper (the one who couldn't walk) but the rest just stayed crouched down at the opening of the clearing, which now has guards pouring out of it and that stupid gunship is making swiss cheese of my pathetic chopper. Before I could even find the gunship in the sky my chopper was going down so I'm not really sure how I can make that situation better.

Can you subnormals stop making threads with vague spoilers in the thread title? MGSV IS A TAD BIT UNFINISHED ~~~SPOILERS~~~~ CHAPTER 2 OF MGSV IS UTTER GARBAGE.

There are a half dozen fucking threads to discuss this game in. Not everyone wants to have to read a thread title that discusses what is coming up further in the game.

Hasney

Those fucking kids just DO. NOT. MOVE. For fuck's sake, they are unbelievably slow at the most crucial moments, like when I need them to get to the goddamn chopper and not hang around in a shitty river. I loaded one kid into the chopper (the one who couldn't walk) but the rest just stayed crouched down at the opening of the clearing, which now has guards pouring out of it and that stupid gunship is making swiss cheese of my pathetic chopper. Before I could even find the gunship in the sky my chopper was going down so I'm not really sure how I can make that situation better.

They were annoying for me at one point too. Go back to them and tell them to wait then go again and they should be better. Ended up streaming towards the chopper then

Harbin

Neo Member
Anybody else that plays with mouse and keyboard have this:

Sometimes when I use the number keys to activate/deactivate my night vision goggles, It suddenly selects the box instead. It isn't a huge problem, but does get kinda annoying sometimes. Am I pressing something wrong here?

This happened on PS3 for me. I don't know why though.

Greddleok

Take out the gunship. It won't cause an alert if there are no guards around when you shoot it down. That made the mission so much easier for me.
I also went all guns blazing as soon as I got the kids since I had run out of suppressors.

Are you making sure you hit "follow me" when you're close to them? You'll be told over the radio multiple times that they won't hear you when you're far away, and to the kids, far away seems to be like 20m.

Chariot

My pick?
Ignore them. I got S-Rank with only saving one child.

big_z

for those that have finished mgsv is knowing the events of metal gear 4 important to getting the most out of V?

4 is the only one I haven't played so if I can leave it for later I will. if it is worth knowing before hand then ill poop sock it before starting V.

Hasney

My pick?
Ignore them. I got S-Rank with only saving one child.

Ahahaha, thanks for that, I know what I'm doing when I replay
Little shits who just abandon me anyway. I might watch them die

for those that have finished mgsv is knowing the events of metal gear 4 important to getting the most out of V?

4 is the only one I haven't played so if I can leave it for later I will. if it is worth knowing before hand then ill poop sock it before starting V.

Nah, you'll be fine.

UrbanRats

Anyone else annoyed by Miller's tone, when he goes:

O1pHbOl.jpg

Setsuna

Africa
I've never felt like Big Boss as much as I did when I rescued the child soldiers. On a moonlit night with the kids following me, PFs not much farther behind,all my supressors spent and Quiet covering my ass from afar.. and that mad dash to the chopper.. it was like out of a dream.

Quiet didnt do a god damn thing for me that mission

54-46!

There are some big reveals in 4 that are just glanced over in V because they assume you know about them already, who the Patriots are for example.

Is there any way to see the time I played the other than in the mission end screen ? I always forget to look at that :|

Edit: Some people are the reason I hate OTs when a game releases. Have little respect. There is a fucking spoiler thread and learn how to use Spoilertags. Holy shit people.

zhixson

Can you subnormals stop making threads with vague spoilers in the thread title?
MGSV IS A TAD BIT UNFINISHED ~~~SPOILERS~~~~ CHAPTER 2 OF MGSV IS UTTER GARBAGE.

There are a half dozen fucking threads to discuss this game in. Not everyone wants to have to read a thread title that discusses what is coming up further in the game.
Seriously, why couldn't that person just go complain about it in the spoiler thread? Reading that thread title first thing on my phone after waking up today was quite irritating.

mf.luder

Does anyone know where I can find this person
huey
in R & D platform? Idk what room exactly

He's below deck. I couldn't find him either and then I saw someone saw down stairs. Take a ladder/stairs down on th the main platform and there will be a garage door with a blue door to the side.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I just beat 18 then. What made the difference was calling in the chopper earlier and it handled a lot of the mess.

Chariot

Can you subnormals stop making threads with vague spoilers in the thread title?
MGSV IS A TAD BIT UNFINISHED ~~~SPOILERS~~~~ CHAPTER 2 OF MGSV IS UTTER GARBAGE.

Seriously, why couldn't that person just go complain about it in the spoiler thread? Reading that thread title first thing on my phone after waking up today was quite irritating.
I put !Spoilers! twice in the title and dedicated the first paragraph to what this thread is about and that spoilera are ahead. It would be clear if you would just read the OP.

I also explained why I decidee to make the thread. The Spoiler thread is about everything, but this topic is a beast for itself.

JimPanzer

I put !Spoilers! twice in the title and dedicated the first paragraph to what this thread is about and that spoilera are ahead. It would be clear if you would just read the OP.

I also explained why I decidee to make the thread. The Spoiler thread is about everything, but this topic is a beast for itself.

it's about the thread title. there are people (like me) that don't want to know that the second half is
underwhelming, unfinished, whatever
. Additionally we have a thread with the title:
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain's Chapter 2 Is Utter Garbage (Spoilers)

d9b

Banned
Not really spoiler, but just in case..

Medical Platform (door) question:
When I enter blue light door, hallway to the left is "under construction" and the door straight ahead is locked (even when I interact).
What am I doing wrong?

I'm not looking to go into those threads but I'm curious are the complaints about the second half of the game story related or gameplay related? Anyone responding should probably use spoiler tags I guess.

raven777

I have been dispatching missions without thinking about it much and this happens..

COTKFRCUsAA0Nja.jpg:large

No wonder my Combat unit doesn't have enough soldiers.

Hasney

I'm not looking to go into those threads but I'm curious are the complaints about the second half of the game story related or gameplay related? Anyone responding should probably use spoiler tags I guess.

Both, kind of? Story is cut, but on top of that, there's not many full missions, so you either need to replay missions on harder difficulties or do side ops until the next section of story is unlocked

Loomba

Get a rocket launcher supplied in and shoot the gunship down then murder everyone before even looking at the kids. I usually stealth everything but fuck that mission.

Glass

When I enter blue light door, hallway to the left is "under construction" and the door straight ahead is locked (even when I interact).
What am I doing wrong?

Do the Side Op, Extract Wondering Mother Base soldier. There's absolutely no correlation to what it opens up at the Medical Platform, but that's how you do it.

D-Horse, meet me at the rendezvous point asap.
X0Ms4Gb.jpg

D-Horse, are you even trained to drive that thing?
S5W6rC3.jpg

I sure hope you know what you're doing D-Horse.
zqtnUwP.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

Have you done side op 51? Beaten

Do the Side Op, Extract Wondering Mother Base soldier. There's absolutely no correlation to what it opens up at the Medical Platform, but that's how you do it.

What am I doing wrong?

There should be a button to open the door on the left hand side.

xewind

Man, I kept dying on that mission because something would always happen. I even made it to the chopper, put the first kid in but the others just wouldn't move. All this with the enemy chopper shooting at them, managing to kill one. After a couple of retries in the same checkpoint I manage to beat it... with a S rank... don't know how.

Top Bottom