• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
After struggling at mission 29 for hours last night I got an S in few minutes today. How cool is that ?
12002262_10153599312264197_672475758325313163_n.jpg

Just a heads up, but extracting
the skulls
on that mission gets you like a bonus 20k points, which makes it WAY easier to S rank as well.

There are no checkpoints in
Backup, Backdown?

SnoopyWebbedAmazonparrot.gif

Its a fairly easy mission.

Get a launcher. Keep on calling supply to back you up. If you're not aiming for S rank, use air strike inside the base to destroy one tank camping in. Poop on the road to spin the Jeep that arrives and extract prisoners. Make sure you sit by the base near the fork on the road to get the most out of this mission.

Toa TAK

Banned
Decided to give Mission 50 one more go today and beat it without a sweat. I'll never understand it, but I beat all missions. Yay.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
NOBODY KNOWS afaik. Which is the thing that is pissing me off, I have a bunch of A/A+ combat units in the waiting room but I don't know if they'll jump the levels up in that unit. :|

I'm like 90% sure its combat that does it.

I tried transferring like 10 high rank R&D into security team and levels up barely moved. I transferred like 10 high rank combat and my level jumped up by like 10.

I'm like 90% sure its combat that does it.

I tried transferring like 10 high rank R&D into security team and levels up barely moved. I transferred like 10 high rank combat and my level jumped up by like 10.

You send them out on missions and their stats boost, but there might be other ways. I occasionally get a message saying a unit has levelled up when nothing else has been happening.

iLLmAtlc

Its a fairly easy mission.

Get a launcher. Keep on calling supply to back you up. If you're not aiming for S rank, use air strike inside the base to destroy one tank camping in. Poop on the road to spin the Jeep that arrives and extract prisoners. Make sure you sit by the base near the fork on the road to get the most out of this mission.

oh yeah i've beaten it, i just thought it was a little ridiculous since it seemed pretty easy to add a checkpoint after
tank 1, 2, or whatever.

Woffls

Anyone else had trouble catching the Leopard Tortoise? Caught the rarest animals first time, but this one is eluding me...

Qwell

I've AFK'd in a box in Afghanistan for base construction projects to complete and go eat dinner and leave my PS4 on. Please tell I am not the only one who does this.
No joke, I haven't quit out of the game since I believe last Wednesday, it has been running this whole time as I process materials, construct platforms, develop weapons and run combat deployments and missions.

malfcn

Just unlocked fob.
The game said exiting tutorial. Is that the glitch?
Do how do I build and manage?

If see. Base facilities > fob1 (rb)

Which waters should I purchase?

TitusTroy

in the Database it shows me how many total animals I've collected (14/47) but how can I tell which ones I already collected and which ones still need to be collected?...it shows you the name of the animal and 2 icons...some of the listings have a question mark instead of an animal name

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
in the Database it shows me how many total animals I've collected (14/47) but how can I tell which ones I already collected and which ones still need to be collected?

The ones that you have an image of (not the little icon) are the ones you have captured.

Speaking of which, where are the animals on mother base? I want to see them when I head back there.

When flying back to MB you have to press Triangle or the corresponding key/button to visit the Animal Conservatorium.

KarmaCow

The ones that you have an image of (not the little icon) are the ones you have captured.

When flying back to MB you have to press Triangle or the corresponding key/button to visit the Animal Conservatorium.

What about animals that have an image but no description?

TitusTroy

The ones that you have an image of (not the little icon) are the ones you have captured

thanks, makes sense now...so the ones with the icon but no image means I've seen or tagged them in the wild but have not captured them yet?...and the ones with no icon and just a question mark means I haven't spotted them at all yet in the wild?

JackelZXA

Just unlocked fob.
The game said exiting tutorial. Is that the glitch?
Do how do I build and manage?

If see. Base facilities > fob1 (rb)

Which waters should I purchase?

Focus on something with a high grade in fuel resources. Those are the most important. I'd recommend the waters that have B B B - - as the grade. The first 3 minerals are more important than the last 2, and Fuel is the absolute most valuable.

malfcn

Left the acc to mb and the tut started when I opened iDroid. Quirky, but I'll take it.

Except now in forced to choose which waters to buy. D'oh.

MisterMac

whoever said to camp up at the top of the hanger with the antimaterial rifle saved my life

You can just camp in the north a little bit passed the the closest base with D-Horse and the EMP Mines. The horse will stop every tank except the last pair long enough for you to run up and fulton them out. I start the mission by running into the first base, taking that tank, then just waiting up north. Simple. Clean.

KarmaCow

So how do you get an S ranking? Is it based off the total of points?

You just need 130 000 points. How you get them doesn't matter, you get points for pretty much everything (getting headshots, marking, neutralizing enemies, avoiding detection, side objectives, etc) but the most reliable way often is just be fast. You can often get that 130k just from the time bonus alone.

The other way is ghosting a mission (never firing a shot or leaving anything behind, touching an enemy, perfect stealth) which gives you the no trace bonus. On top of the other stealth related bonuses, it's pretty much a guaranteed S-rank.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It just said exiting tutorial. Thanks, game.

The North Atlantic looks promising, but?

It doesn't matter where you place it. Just go with whatever materials you want to automatically mine.

Arttemis

Quiet Spoilers:

Oh the effing irony. Despite getting her bond rating to 100 as quickly as possible in Chapter 1, I never ended up getting the butterfly emblem. I thought it was tied to story progression, so I kept going with as few spoilers as possible. Then side op #
happens and she's gone. I finally complete Mission #
... and now I get the butterfly emblem. Almost more fitting this way, but I hate the consequences... =(

Top Bottom