• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

TitusTroy

question about Mission 41...

one of the optional objectives is to 'secure the blueprint the gunship was carrying'...how the hell are you supposed to do this?...the gunships are always in the air it seems

rtcn63

question about Mission 41...

one of the optional objectives is to 'secure the blueprint the gunship was carrying'...how the hell are you supposed to do this?...the gunships are always in the air it seems

Blow it up, the blueprint will be at the crash site. Tip- two clean shots from a partly upgraded MR R-Launcher.

Durden77

I just realized, is this the first Metal Gear game that's ever used the word "fuck"? I think it's only been used once by Miller so far, but I can't think of any other time in the series it was used.

TitusTroy

Blow it up, the blueprint will be at the crash site. Tip- two clean shots from a partly upgraded MR R-Launcher.

I always shoot them down easily with the rocket launcher but I didn't know that you could recover blueprints at the crash site

Bio-Frost

I just realized, is this the first Metal Gear game that's ever used the word "fuck"? I think it's only been used once by Miller so far, but I can't think of any other time in the series it was used.

MGS4 was the first. During a boss fight but I cant remember which one.

Finally beat Mission 31

I think people would like the boss fights more if they had roughly 65% of the HP they do now. Any other game would just have a beefed up enemy mob as a boss with highly scripted AI, or some kind of environment puzzle gimmick. At least here the bosses have special attacks and their own way of moving around which is unique for gaming these days.

rtcn63

I always shoot them down easily with the rocket launcher but I didn't know that you could recover blueprints at the crash site
And IIRC, there's at least one other copter in a later mission that also drops a blueprint, but the mission doesn't explicitly say so.

Renewed

Is there a map of all the shipping containers? Getting mats by x100 hurts my soul.

Shipping containers aren't explicitly pointed out for the materials they hold in the map from the collector's edition guide. I'm looking at the Afghanistan Central Base Camp (which I just did a mission and fultoned a container) and that same spot isn't pointed out on the physical map I have.

eso76

I think the AI is pretty good, personally.

The AI is actually very good, minus the occasional glitch and stuff that had to be dumbed down in order for the game to be playable / fun.

Enemies are very good navigating the environment and taking cover dynamically, for example.
When they're looking for Snake they scout the area in a rather believable way and i like how a lot of the weird behaviours from previous games have been adressed.

I am not aware of any stealth game with a better AI than MGSV frankly.

ezekial45

Banned
I know I keep asking about this, but I'm just curious what the conditions are for unlocking Side-OP 128 (Eliminate
Puppet Soldiers
). The guide said Mission 32, but I already did that. I'm sitting at 59% completion, but nothing has come up yet.

How did it unlock for you guys?

Ultratech

Damn, I got a lot of progress done today.

Made my way up to Mission 30 and got a few S-Ranks along the way...makes you feel a boss when you complete a mission and the enemy never even knows you were there.

The AI is actually very good, minus the occasional glitch and stuff that had to be dumbed down in order for the game to be playable / fun.

Enemies are very good navigating the environment and taking cover dynamically, for example.
When they're looking for Snake they scout the area in a rather believable way and i like how a lot of the weird behaviours from previous games have been adressed.

I am not aware of any stealth game with a better AI than MGSV frankly.

Guards will react to strange situations you set up for them differently depending on how high their rank is too.

Ame

Is there a map of all the shipping containers? Getting mats by x100 hurts my soul.

I found that the 3 best places for containers, especially fuel are OKB Zero in Afghanistan, Nova Braga Airport in Africa and Mfinda Oilfield in Africa.

Is there a way to see quickly which outposts you have captured and which ones you have not? I guess you could look at words you have collected and compare with a list on the Internet, but is there any other way?

Sassen

I just tried that way and it worked. I landed the first three flash bangs, but I didn't attempt the punch. A sandstorm hit, and snuck up to her while she couldn't see me. I threw it, she jumped away but it registered a hit and finished her off. Got that tricky fourth challenge.

As long as you got it! lol

kai3345

Banned
I'm about to start Mission 43. About how much time, hours-wise do I have left if I'm just trying to see the story through to the end as quick as possible?

Ah that's the one I've replayed the least so that makes sense. I'm glad MG never went nuts with it like so many games do these days.
When Miller said it in this is was totally valid. "GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE!"

Yeah, it had a lot more impact because it's only used once in the whole game, I think. And maybe twice in the whole series.

d00d3n

A quick question: Am I permanently locked out of stuff if I start the game without a completionist ground zeroes save file? Or is it possible to complete ground zeroes later and still get access to the extra content?

By the way, is the extra content meaningful/fun/worth it?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Shipping containers aren't explicitly pointed out for the materials they hold in the map from the collector's edition guide. I'm looking at the Afghanistan Central Base Camp (which I just did a mission and fultoned a container) and that same spot isn't pointed out on the physical map I have.

Weird. I know that they do respawn because i have a few spots i rotate. (wakh sind barracks, yakho oboo, base camp, kungenga mine and the airport. My issue is that I'm pretty sure im missing a bunch of other locations that have them.

I found that the 3 best places for containers, especially fuel are OKB Zero in Afghanistan, Nova Braga Airport in Africa and Mfinda Oilfield in Africa.

Yeah i actually raided the airport for the first time last night and was kicking myself for not doing it earlier. That place is like candy land. Hopefully someone will compile a location of all the places that have containers.

captainpat

I guess it's because I'm playing on normal but it is really easy to get A's on missions. I'm rambo'd my way through half the missions, only completed one or two mission tasks and I'm still getting high ranks.

wiibomb

A quick question: Am I permanently locked out of stuff if I start the game without a completionist ground zeroes save file? Or is it possible to complete ground zeroes later and still get access to the extra content?

I'm curious about this too

t26

You can't even upload the save until after you already started the game, so it is not a problem.

Majine

Banned
Help with our friend at the medical bay:
Paz won't let me give her photos anymore, she just lies down. I've tried the phantom cigar to pass time like 5 times. Now what?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Did you like it?

Paz won't let me give her photos anymore, she just lies down. I've tried the phantom cigar to pass time like 5 times. Now what?

That was after a cutscene, right? I just went and did a couple of sideops and returned.

Yeh she does that after each photo I think, pretty sure you have to leave motherbase and go back to the acc for each photo you want to show her.

I was driving home today and saw a shipping container in the parking lot. My first thought was that it could be fultoned and I wondered if it had fuel or minor metal inside.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I was driving home today and saw a shipping container in the parking lot. My first thought was that it could be fultoned and I wondered if it had fuel or minor metal inside.

Remember to prioritise the red ones. They have more resources!

Majine

Banned
I love how enemies just shoo D-Dog away like he's a stray when he's got a sneaking suit and an eyepatch. Idiots, you deserve to be fultoned.

MGS5 has ruined any industrial lot that you can spot along an interstate in the city. I can't unsee the game assets in real life.

Lender

Any tips how to gain some quick heroism points? I've been fucking around for a bit too long and it's sitting at only 65k at this point (mission 30 just done). Are there missions coming giving me lots of heroism points, or should I do it another way? Could use some tips since the true hero status is only activated at 150k apparently.

rtcn63

I love how enemies just shoo D-Dog away like he's a stray when he's got a sneaking suit and an eyepatch. Idiots, you deserve to be fultoned.

Do enemies ever catch on? Like a widespread PSA that if you see a dog with an eyepatch, a ruff exterior, and a knife, he's probably working with Snake? I didn't use him much.

Top Bottom