• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

backlot

Ok what the fuck am I doing wrong? Mission 45
I seriously unloaded 30 missiles into a single tank and it didn't blow up. This can't be right.

Qwell

Is there any way to get more fuel resources? I'm in the post-game, S ranking stuff, doing tasks and side OPs but at this pace, I feel these resources are going to bottleneck the development of my last stages and I don't really picture myself grinding some specific missions to extract a shitload of cargo and then wait for it to be processed.
If you have your base development leveled up to a decent amount just do mission 12 assuming you have the special
wormhole fulton
, you can pickup a 7500 fuel container and then pick-up the intel file right at the start. There is no helo fly-in, the mission starts right where you need to be. As soon as you get the container and pick-up the intel file it triggers a save, so you just "restart mission" and it puts you right back into the same location, the container is back but has been extracted from the previous run. You can max your fuel in like 30-40 minutes. Still need to process it, but if you are doing end-game stuff, S ranking missions etc. it will process fairly quick, 2500 fuel every 10-15 minutes.

Ame

230k isn't that much. The heroism will just spill at you at some point. I got 760k and get S sometimes, but have yet to see anything higher in the world.

I'm on 935k and still seen nothing higher than S2, A++4 :(

Damn! I figured as soon as my heroism turned yellow I'd start seeing some S soldiers.

How do you guys get so much Heroism?

I have like 80,000 I think and I beat all 50 missions and I beat like 60% of the side ops.

I remember doing one of the story missions that involved
beating the Skulls
as one of the mission tasks. S ranked the mission, completed that task and was awarded 30,000 heroism. I'm assuming that's why I got all the heroism.

Drencrom

Playing mission 40 (the extreme version of
the Quiet sniper fight
)

One hit kills... really? You're basically forced to trial and error the whole fight
to get a perfect plan route to snipe her
. Not very fun.

SRTtoZ

Just finished the game (chapter 2).

I am in genuine shock at this cheap shit. Kojima is a hack. A total total hack. Good fucking riddance.

I'm so pissed off right now. I can't help it. One of the most infuriating endings I've seen in a very long time.

Shit. I think I need to process this. Maybe I'll turn around on it.

You won't.

Markoman

Holy shitballs. After 100h and 40% I found out there's a fast travel system in the game, which makes traversing MB and the maps super convenient.
Kojima trolling at its best.

Salsa

Holy shitballs. After 100h and 40% I found out there's a fast travel system in the game, which makes traversing MB and the maps super convenient.
Kojima trolling at its best.

you must be talking about something other than the horribly scarce and terribly limited cause of excessive guarding box delivery system..

Markoman

what?? which???

Maybe you have seen those orange loading plattforms at all of the bases.
By picking up the invoice you unlock the fast-travel point.

Now for the best part...go onto the plattform and equip the cardboard, then you can choose any unlocked point on the map :D

Reading the tutorial tips is helpful even after 100h

wiibomb

Now for the best part...go onto the plattform and equip the cardboard, then you can choose any unlocked point on the map :D

whaaaaaaaaaat... so that's why there were those tickets on those outposts!!! finally the side-ops won't be a total drag!!!

Markoman

Another very funny thing...did a "rescue the mother base soldier" mission.
Wasted all my ammo and gadgets on this one guy but still couldn't get him.
I was to lazy to call for supplies so I made use of what was left in my inventory...a cardbox. I managed to sneak into close distance but finally I thought he has spotted me and will throw a grenade and run away. But, the guy takes a closer look at the cardboard and says "Boss, is that you?", salutes and heroic music is played. I grab the poor guy and its over. 10/10

fritzo

So those alleged microtransactions weren't event a big deal. I'm actually surprised there weren't more considering all those in game timers. Level 55 R&D team and it takes an 1 hour for an upgraded water pistol. WTF?

the Quiet sniper fight
)

One hit kills... really? You're basically forced to trial and error the whole fight
. Not very fun.

I just stayed in the same spot you spawn the whole time until
she rainbows

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
So those alleged microtransactions weren't event a big deal. I'm actually surprised there weren't more considering all those in game timers. Level 55 R&D team and it takes an 1 hour for an upgraded water pistol. WTF?

Can you make a water pistol in one hour? I THOUGHT NOT!
Yeah, it's bullshit.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned

Nah! blasting "The Final Hour" while a ride my custom chopper to all my platforms is the best!

Question for after mission 41
Do I just have to listen to all the tapes to open up a new mission now?

Edit:

Wait, am I not seeing more missions because I have a butterfly logo?

Please, I'm at my wits end here. Someone give me a definitive answer

To unlock episode 45 what do I have to do? I've done everything in yellow and all that's left are repeat main missions that I really don't want to do, I just want to see episode 45 and 46

brau

To unlock episode 45 what do I have to do? I've done everything in yellow and all that's left are repeat main missions that I really don't want to do, I just want to see episode 45 and 46

You gotta do some of the missions you have not completed.

out of hte optional ones... if you do like the previous ones leading to that mission it will generally unlock.

Run a few more sideops until the cutscene before 46 pops. Then do 46. You do not need to do any of the repeat missions to pop 46.

Then do whatever you need for 45 after.

Shahed

Finally done all Side Ops! I was hating them by the time I had like 50 or so left. I juat ended up running around with Stealth and used Rocket/Grenade Launcher on everything.

Only got collecting the animals left. That and to wait another 6 hours for a certain something to develop.

Markoman

This game needed 3 features to achieve a 11/10 in my book:

1. More AI movement on the map especially between hot spots (outpost,bases)- when in highest alert status the enemy would send out extremely tough "hunt squads" (trucks with 10 soldiers, choppers dropping soldiers...) trying to find you all across the map

2. Some side-missions should not appear on idroid/the map. Placing some snipers or squads here and there would keep you on your toes in those empty areas. Some random events would also enhance the open world aspect.

3. More and bigger indoor enviroments. A big shell version of MB instead of 100 plattforms and FOBs.

A man can dream.....

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
These "tail this person to listen to all conversations" side-objectives are AWFUL.

Hey guys sorry for all the questions I always ask, but I have another:

Should I sell the
walker gears
I acquire on the field?

I'm spoiling the name of item just in case.

fritzo

This game needed 3 features to achieve a 11/10 in my book:

1. More AI movement on the map especially between hot spots (outpost,bases)- when in highest alert status the enemy would send out extremely tough "hunt squads" (trucks with 10 soldiers, choppers dropping soldiers...) trying to find you all across the map

2. Some side-missions should not appear on idroid/the map. Placing some snipers or squads here and there would keep you on your toes in those empty areas. Some random events would also enhance the open world aspect.

3. More and bigger indoor enviroments. A big shell version of MB instead of 100 plattforms and FOBs.

A man can dream.....

great idea regarding Random events. Something similar to the first time you encounter
Quiet
. I was not expecting a boss fight on my way to a random side op. Random snipers, tank squads and helicopters would've been crazy.

You gotta do some of the missions you have not completed.

out of hte optional ones... if you do like the previous ones leading to that mission it will generally unlock.
Yup, did a random mission and then it set off the chain of events.

The structure in chapter 2 continues to baffle me lol

Seriously how do I get an important mission after 41?

I've tried:

Changing my logo from the butterfly to something else, I've done every yellow mission and side op. I'm currently listening to cassette tapes, do I really need to listen to them all? I've already seen the cutscene with Eli and the rest of the kids getting away with the Sahalanthropous.

Markoman

great idea regarding Random events. Something similar to the first time you encounter
Quiet
. I was not expecting a boss fight on my way to a random side op. Random snipers, tank squads and helicopters would've been crazy.

Yes, exactly that's what happened to me and made me think about this. They have it all in the game, but didn't explore those game-changing ideas further.

What about some random mini-bosses? They nearly got it right with those rescue MB soldier side-ops. Now imagine encounters with extremely hard to beat soldiers of all classes (snipers, assault,...) - just like a bot-duell in the open world.

ezekial45

Banned
Seriously how do I get an important mission after 41?

I've tried:

Changing my logo from the butterfly to something else, I've done every yellow mission and side op. I'm currently listening to cassette tapes, do I really need to listen to them all? I've already seen the cutscene with Eli and the rest of the kids getting away with the Sahalanthropous.

Keep doing the side-ops, listen to the tapes, build stuff, etc. Even the non-important stuff.

Basically, just be active. It'll unlock the next ones eventually.

Timeaisis

the Quiet sniper fight
)

. Not very fun.

Yeah, it's really dumb. Worst mission in the game. Almost ruins the original for me. But not quite. Easy way to win:
call in two sleeping gas airstrikes

Top Bottom