• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Ruff

Endgame spoilers:
1. Yes
2. Yes that's correct
3. No there's no way
4. You would be missing out of one of the best scenes in the game in my opinion

Regarding 1.
You don't need to lose Quiet to get the true ending. If the "Truth" is what they mean. I did that before, and losing Quiet was the last thing I did gamewise.

ekim

Call in the chopper to the LZ nearest your location then send it to the far LZ when the Salwhatever notices it. When the thing runs towards the far LZ, quickly call the chopper back to you and jump in.

There is another LZ? Damn I'm stupid. :D

Apt101

Completely destroyed a mission. I feel so proud. I felt like a pro man. Not spotted, no kills, all tactical take downs or head shots, all objectives covered. I mosied on out to "Only Time Will Tell" to Asia like a
big
boss.

When are we getting MGO anyways? and do we know if anything we get in Single Player will impact MGO?

I'm also disappointed that PC players don't get the iDroid app.

I kinda miss the linearity of past titles. Doing missions is kind of fatiguing me and I'm not getting any deeper into the storyline because I feel i'm on the mission grind forever.

Still think this game should have been called Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker 2. It's very, very similar.

ekim

Nah. This is stupid:
I was so nervous I kept trying to jump in the chopper while I was on a Walker.
"There's an obstruction at the LZ!"
So dumb.

should I have taken the walker to the LZ? Because now I can't choose him as a buddy and I read that I get d walker after that mission

shiba5

If i fulton someone and exit the mission do I keep the extracted person or do i have to complete the mission

I think it depends on whether there is a checkpoint or not. I've heard you can do the first part of mission 10 and then quit and still keep everything.

Soulflarz

Banned
Peace Walker should have been called MGSV and this MGSVI

A little backstory- Peace Walker is the original MGS5. It was announced as MGS5. It was going to be MGS5. As such, it has a full Metal Gear Solid plot that fits perfectly into the timeline. However, because it was a portable or something, they decided to drop the 5. I kind of forget why. However, it was going to be that, which would have made V 6.

18j3z5wzvmtwwjpg.jpg

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
A little backstory- Peace Walker is the original MGS5. It was announced as MGS5. It was going to be MGS5. As such, it has a full Metal Gear Solid plot that fits perfectly into the timeline. However, because it was a portable or something, they decided to drop the 5. I kind of forget why. However, it was going to be that, which would have made V 6.

I know.

dc89

Konami felt it didn't deserve to be called V because it was on a handheld.
That's my (incorrect?) understanding.

Ducktail

Well, I'm fucked. My game has a fucking stupid bug. All soldiers I fulton extract now become rank E E E E E E, does not matter. This has just happened after I created my FOB base.

Anyone else experiencing this? I put like 60 hours into this game :(

Xanathus

Does horse got any advantage over D-Walker other than DO IT? Don't see much reason using it over walker once you got it...

Horse is stealthier, enemies can spot you on walker from a mile away even though it has a "stealth" mode which only silences movement. I only use D-Walker when I know I'm going guns blazing.

Well, I'm fucked. My game has a fucking stupid bug. All soldiers I fulton extract now become rank E E E E E E, does not matter. This has just happened after I created my FOB base.

Anyone else experiencing this? I put like 60 hours into this game :(
Do they happen to have the 'boasting' trait?

Tuck

Took out an entire base with my sniper rifle from the surrounding cliffs. Had to keep moving around so they didn't find me. Then I walked right through the front door.

...Very satisfying.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Waaaait a sec. So this whole FOB/micro-transaction thing is even worse than we thought? If others can invade you when you are offline: say I want to take a break for a week or two. That means my staff can be COMPLETELY wiped out (but for the handful you can "lock in") when I return since the FOB auto-(re)populates? Thus I'd have to spend hours grinding back a staff just to get back to the MB team levels where I already was?

Holy crap that's awful design. Guess I won't be making an FOB till the VERY end game when I've already completed everything/developed everything.
The one thing is that supposedly there's a lockout on how often you can be invaded, but yeah, you're going to lose staff and materials unless you handle every single invasion yourself.

If you disconnect they can't invade, correct? So just log off before you leave.
No, if you're offline, then it's basically a free win for the invader.

shiba5

The one thing is that supposedly there's a lockout on how often you can be invaded, but yeah, you're going to lose staff and materials unless you handle every single invasion yourself.

No, if you're offline, then it's basically a free win for the invader.

Nice timing. LOL
I was just reading that on the Steam forum. So is there no way around this FOB shit?

Messiah

Regarding 1.
You don't need to lose Quiet to get the true ending. If the "Truth" is what they mean. I did that before, and losing Quiet was the last thing I did gamewise.
Also endgame:
This is true, weird wording on my part I was talking about the Quiet ending. My bad.

ekim

Questions about MOther Base:
what is with that open door on the medical platform?
Do these building in progress signs disappear some time?

Cassette spoiler question (easteregg?)
where do I find the PT tape?

Xanathus

Aside from staff, you don't actually lose any resources from your Motherbase if your FOB is successfully invaded. You only lose some of what was on your FOB, so if you never set up an FOB you're just missing out on what is practically free resources and increased staff caps. People are highly misunderstanding FOBs. Even the staff you lose is taken from your Security Staff IIRC and the game automatically puts the worst soldiers in there (those are the ones that the invader fultons out). The other soldiers that the invader gets aren't taken from your staff but are generated as rewards when they successfully reach the door.

Top Bottom