• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

myco666

Since PS4 Firmware 3.0 came out with the YouTube streaming, question:

Anyone know if the Content ID kicks in if you play any of the licensed music in MGSV?

Some company put ads on two of my videos that had helicopter playing "Take On Me" so they definetily will find the licensed music.

BadWolf

Me neither, but I want to incorporate them in my playstyle I tried to use boxes but guards notice me, I got a feeling that when it comes to boxes I am doing it wrong.

Just don't be in their direct path of patrol and you should be fine most of the time, as long as you put it on before you trigger a suspicion.

BadWolf

60% completion. The repetition starts to set in when you do all the side ops. Might finally be time to learn how to warp. :p

That's the reason I won't be bothering with them much, and is the reason I don't bother with fetch/side quests in open world games in general.

Just going to stick with playing story missions like I would in MGS1, 2 etc.

60% completion. The repetition starts to set in when you do all the side ops. Might finally be time to learn how to warp. :p

I knew something like this would happen and that's why kept doing side ops early on. At 65% and only 30 something left. I found the best way to handle 'em for me is to let music tape 2 play on repeat and go rambo with Quiet.

That's the reason I won't be bothering with them much, and is the reason I don't bother with fetch/side quests in open world games in general.

it's different for me with this game. the core gameplay is so good, i wish it had 100 more sideops.

muteki

There are enough side ops just sticking to the main story missions honestly.

I probably wouldn't have done as many as I had if it wasn't a good source of soldiers and resources, as well as a few key items.

AngryMoth

Guess I'm pretty lttp since I only got the game 9 days ago but I just beat it after 50 hours.

Overall I liked it thanks to the core gameplay and systems being excellent. Though don't think I had as much fun with experimentation and emergent gameplay as it sounds like some people have since I needed up going totally non lethal and stealthy which limits the options a lot.

Narratively I think the game is a disaster. There are no compelling characters: big boss has zero personality and the fact that he talks so little is really awkward, Kaz is super one note and ocelot is mostly just used as an exposition device or the angel to Kaz's demon. The story is spread so thinly that I never had chance to get invested, and it doesn't really have much if any of the sense of humour the series is known for. As for the ending well, I kinda hate it. It doesn't provide a satisfying conclusion to either the game nor the series, and
I don't like that the game ignores the real big boss and we are really playing as some nobody

Also really dislike the voice actor change. It's already jarring enough replacing an actor after 5 games, but then he speaks so infrequently that I never had chance to get used to the new one.

Fortunately though most of the time you're just playing a really fun game so I can't hold my issues the story against it too much which is pretty ironic considering the series.

Finally, I want to say I'm really looking forward to MGO since I love a good tps multiplayer and with this games mechanics it could be something really special, but the 2 big worries are the netcode and microtransactions. I'm crossing my fingers.

I'm assuming you can't do this... but I would love to be able to transfer my MGSV PS3 save to a PS4.

I am finally ready to get a PS4, but I've already put in 30+ hours on the PS3 version of MGSV. D:

MisterMac

Oh. I'm not the only one with this problem then... =(

It's all about Mission 12 for Fuel and imo Lingua Franca for common metal. Start mission 12 and tranq the two guards in the hanger. Then wormhole fulton the containers and grab the intel in the hanger. Skip the cut scene and you'll see your resources tallie up and you hit restart.

That or raiding FOBs

valkyre

Anyone know if there is some good soul out there that has ripped all the extra tracks in game that are not included in the Original soundtrack list? Just to clarify I am not talking about music cassette tapes. I am talking about the game's score.

There is a bunch of great tracks in some cutscenes, that are not included in the OST and i would very much love to be able to listen to them.

malfcn

Dumb. Hoped off a little Ridge with horse. I died and horse kept trotting onwards.

Cursed Legacy.
I read a document and a guard disappears? Wtf

Golnei

Anyone know if there is some good soul out there that has ripped all the extra tracks in game that are not included in the Original soundtrack list? Just to clarify I am not talking about music cassette tapes. I am talking about the game's score.

There is a bunch of great tracks in some cutscenes, that are not included in the OST and i would very much love to be able to listen to them.

The entire game's been ripped for a while now, but I'm not sure if any of the rips floating around have been properly tagged.

rtcn63

Mission 40
Phone book'd up my helicopter, called in an airstrike right at the start, Quiet shoots it down before it reaches her.

My rifles (lethal or not) don't do appear to do any damage to her. Is it like headshot only?

Javier23

Banned
Mission 40
Phone book'd up my helicopter, called in an airstrike right at the start, Quiet shoots it down before it reaches her.

My rifles (lethal or not) don't do appear to do any damage to her. Is it like headshot only?
You're most probably just not hitting her. Take bullet drop into consideration and aim higher.

Mission 40

It's not headshot only. Are you counting for bullet drop?

Lettuce

OK, I realized only now that you can mod guns. I thought the legendary gunsmith only unlocked stuff in the development tree. Why in hell is the option not available neither in the dev tree nor in the equip screen?

My thoughts exactly

Do we know what the cap is for gun placements and mortars on your base, need to sell some shit!

Nerrel

Those missions are really easy, if you want to "cheese" them, just let Quiet clear every guard post for you, or use a silenced sniper & clear every guard post yourself. If you want to do them normally, you can infiltrate large bases without firing a single bullet if you have D-Dog with you.

Even though I love the game, it gives you so many OP options that the game is never a challenge, even on extreme or total stealth, only the subsistence missions offer a very small amount of challenge.

I'm at the point where every guard has helmets and a few even have full body armor, so Quiet is useless unless I want to trigger an alert. At best, I can have her snipe a helmet off and then I can quickly get a headshot in, but that's tricky to carry on for every enemy.

I could probably use pure stealth, but there are some A+++ guards that I really want to fulton. What usuall happens is that I get a face tranq shot in on a guard I want, then every guard in the entire map comes by to check on the body one at a time. I've seriously gotten to the point where I run out of suppressors for both my primary and secondary due to the pile of guards I've had to take out while lying in one place. It can turn into a comical shitshow fast.

EDIT: it reminds me of this, but with tranquilizer headshots:
Luvfx1.gif

Lettuce

Some company put ads on two of my videos that had helicopter playing "Take On Me" so they definetily will find the licensed music.

Is YT algorithm that good they it would be able to detect a song with all the other sound effects and voices over the music track??

myco666

Is TY algorithm that good they it would be able to detect a song with all the other sound effects and voices over the music track??

Apparently it is. Was surprised to see that the videos had mention of having third party content in them. When I checked what it was it turned out to be the song.

shields are a lot of fun

combine it with a S rank DDog that has Tough Guy and DefenseUp2 Battle Armor, and you're such a tank... just waltzing into 5 S Rank enemies firing like it's nothing

it's fun modding your sniper rifle into a short barrel assault rifle too haha

GenericUser

so already watched a couple of yt videos, but no stategy has worked out for me.

what is the easiest way to beat mission

seriously, I can't beat it. I tried for hours.

Setsuna

oh already watched a couple of yt videos, but no stategy has worked out for me.

Take your most powerful weapons and explosives and aim for the head

myco666

Take Quiet with you and equip her with Wicked Butterfly or whatever the strongest is. Equip yourself with battle dress and most powerful sniper rifle you have. Then go on the nearest roof and snipe away. You need to be aware of some attacks that can hit you like the spike from the ground but other than that you are pretty much safe. Rather easy S-Rank with this setup.

BadWolf

Used D-Walker with the Gatling gun personally.

Ran to that building/hanger there and kept running around it in circles for cover while shooting them. When you are in the D-Walker the skulls like to stand and release a special gas that disables D-Walker, so it's free damage as long as you don't get too close.

Circling this building also made them stop summoning those damn rocks.

Alebrije

there's something really special about being able to listen to 'take on me' in-game while i whittle numbers away one by one.

it's definitely a weird sort of thing, like kojima really just wanted to make an open-world game but konami had him do another metal gear and this was the compromise.

I use that song alot including Rebel Yell , nice to take outpost while listening them. Rebel Yell while blowing all with bombs or RPG gives a lot of immersion

Alebrije

It's me or the Dog takes away immersion , I got him like 5 missions ago and every time I order him "do not move" or something like that the Dog just stops moving like few seconds and then stars walking toward me.

It feels like Ellie in TLOU, you hide from enemy soldier and the Dog is just wandering around and the soldier just yells at him , its a fu.ing dog with a parch on its eye and the soldier just yells. Also in full alert if you hide under a bridge or a sewer the dog just waits over you surrounded by tons of soldiers and nobody do anything.

muteki

It's me or the Dog takes away immersion , I got him like 5 missions ago and every time I order him "do not move" or something like that the Dog just stops moving like few seconds and then stars walking toward me.

It feels like Ellie in TLOU, you hide from enemy soldier and the Dog is just wandering around and the soldier just yells at him , its a fu.ing dog with a parch on its eye and the soldier just yells. Also in full alert if you hide under a bridge or a sewer the dog just waits over you surrounded by tons of soldiers and nobody do anything.

I don't see the problem, this is just like my dog. Totally immersive.

usp84

so already watched a couple of yt videos, but no stategy has worked out for me.

Go to the small building on the left that has closed blue doors.Use a machine gun and slowly kill them one by one.Use the Battle Dress and everytime yu are in trouble just get in the building again.

The only thing you need to avoid is the rock that explodes and kill you instantly so everytime you see that on just back away.

Chariot

Are there infinite enemy soldiers in FOB? cause the amount of spawning soldiers is stupidly nuts.
No, reinforcements are limited by the level of the Combat Unit.

14-24: 8 max. reinforcements
25-40: 16 max. reinforcements
41-60: 32 max. reinforcements
61-84: 48 max. reinforcements
85-99: 100 max. reinforcements

Lanrutcon

No, reinforcements are limited by the level of the Combat Unit.

14-24: 8 max. reinforcements
25-40: 16 max. reinforcements
41-60: 32 max. reinforcements
61-84: 48 max. reinforcements
85-99: 100 max. reinforcements

I'm unsure about that. level was in the 20s, killed just over 60 folks. Level 2 installation.

FOB gameplay. Siphon from the weak, cull the naives, slaughter the beloved. Fuel your demon with need for fuel.

Kojima really nailed this game in the end.

Going through a list of FOBs and finding the one with a level 14 defended base defense platform with disgusting amounts of resources.

Truly I am a demon, poor security team never stood a chance.

Finally finished
Chapter 1
last night.

Something like 120 hours into the game! I spent a lot of time doing side ops and random crap to get my MB/FOB into tip top shape.

The 'intro' to Chapter 2 was hype as hell, sad to read that it's not very good. I still think I definitely got my money worth with Chapter 1 alone though. So. Much. Fun.

Renewed

I pull up 200,000 unprocessed fuel from mission 12 in about half an hour but I don't bother regularly checking my FOB. It's like I'm asking for it.

Jyrii

Banned
I just did mission 43
Shining Lights, Even in Death

Can anyone tell me
if that was the last ending? I only have two side missions that I haven't finished (platform shootings) and all of the harder version missions.

KarmaCow

I just did mission 43
Shining Lights, Even in Death

Can anyone tell me
if that was the last ending? I only have two side missions that I haven't finished (platform shootings) and any harder version missions.

There are
two more unique missions.

Top Bottom