• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

neoism

Joosten's stream archive from her playthrough today

sweqSKb.gif

http://www.twitch.tv/stefaniejoosten/v/18620762

damn whats the gif from :O

umm

sooo guys i have two questions pls

is mission 31
basically the end of the game, and the rest of the missions are just side stuff or does it keep going...?
not really a spoiler i dont think lol

also does anyone know a better more faster way to get gmp other than mission 8 ??

TheBoss1

mission 45 is too hard

With the right equipment you can beat it. If you have a level 5/6 rocket launcher you can just shoot then hide behind cover then sneak to another cover and shoot again. When that anti-air tank (the one with the airborne rocket launchers) comes through just go in the building and take it out or sneak up on it and fulton it.

Toa TAK

Banned
Episode 30:

Got to Ep: 30 yesterday which seems just like a build up for what I assume is the boss battle in EP: 31. Pretty funny how when "Sins of the Father" starts playing, my wife looks up expecting some grandiose moment and she basically goes "this music is really dramatic for a car ride."

That makes me sad because it's true. :(
Mission 28.

T5AKbIs.gif

Welp. At least I got the chance to scope the place out earlier during free roam.
Holy crap, this as well. I got so anxious each time I saw that in my first run through.

do the side ops missions keep resetting indefinitely or do they stop if i keep doing them over and over?

I'm at story mission 13 if that matters.

Ame

do the side ops missions keep resetting indefinitely or do they stop if i keep doing them over and over?

I'm at story mission 13 if that matters.

I just recently finished all 157 side ops and there's still about a dozen that are still there indefinitely. Pretty sure they'll be there no matter how many times you try them.

RedSwirl

Mission 28 Skulls weren't as bad as the Mission 16 ones. Sure it took me two tries and it's the only time in the game Quiet got injured, but it feels like a very winnable fight with NVGs and a sniper rifle. I'm not sure but I think smoke grenades might help too, especially since your NVGs can see through the smoke.

Hypron

I just recently finished all 157 side ops and there's still about a dozen that are still there indefinitely. Pretty sure they'll be there no matter how many times you try them.

Yeah there's always 1 side-op active per region in the map (I'm not sure exactly how big those regions are though), regardless of whether you've already finished all of them or not.

they seem to stay completed for a period of time though. I just wasn't sure if I should be completing all the available side ops first before continuing with the main story missions.

I guess it's doesn't matter.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
After taking a few showers and switching uniforms, im still completely covered in blood. Is there any way to get rid of this or did I somehow someway activate some kind of bug or glitch of always being covered in blood? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
After taking a few showers and switching uniforms, im still completely covered in blood. Is there any way to get rid of this or did I somehow someway activate some kind of bug or glitch of always being covered in blood? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You've reached devil status because you were an asshole in the game.

You cannot wash the blood off.

LMFAO This so me every time they pop out of nowhere. I started to ignore the intro credits because it spoils the surprise and tension.
that was me during Mission 1 even lol

i'm like, oh, it's starring big boss, miller... ok, it's like a movie intro, that's c.... WTF?! Skulls Parasite Unit?!

RedSwirl

The cut scenes and storyline are making mission 30 feel pretty urgent, but I've got a lot of side ops and other things backed up from
right before the outbreak
. Should I go ahead and just get this main stuff over with?
What happens if I don't go ahead and complete Eli's Challenge?

Edit:
Oh, and I lost 60 goddamn people from the outbreak.

Edit 2:
I've had Quiet at max bond for a while but can't customize her or see that cut scene. Is that locked until later?

The cut scenes and storyline are making mission 30 feel pretty urgent, but I've got a lot of side ops and other things backed up from
right before the outbreak
. Should I go ahead and just get this main stuff over with?
What happens if I don't go ahead and complete Eli's Challenge?

Edit:
Oh, and I lost 60 goddamn people from the outbreak.

Edit 2:
I've had Quiet at max bond for a while but can't customize her or see that cut scene. Is that locked until later?

i'd recommend
playing through the episodes and avoid side stuff for the time being

J.EM1

You've reached devil status because you were an asshole in the game.

You cannot wash the blood off.
^^ Pretty much this. You're a demon now.

If you want the blood to come off, start doing heroic things: fultoning animals, visiting the animal conservation platform, fultoning child soldiers...

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
^^ Pretty much this. You're a demon now.

If you want the blood to come off, start doing heroic things: fultoning animals, visiting the animal conservation platform, fultoning child soldiers...

WOW!!! This is crappy!!! Oh well.

BadWolf

Checking out some youtube vids and it's crazy how much creativity this game allows in handling missions.

One of my faves is someone setting up a booby trap my sneaking up and sticking C4 on a guard's butt, without him noticing, before they drive off to meet the target. He then waits for the guards to meet the target and then boom.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I guess I'm in the minority when I say that I loved every fight with the Skulls. They were great, and really kept me on my toes.

The only thing I didn't like is that I wasn't playing my game combat focused, so every time I came across them I was underprepared.

You can stealth your way out of most every encounter with them, but its not quite as enjoyable.

Once I transitioned to a more battle-heavy playstyle i enjoyed them more.

BadWolf

The only thing I didn't like is that I wasn't playing my game combat focused, so every time I came across them I was underprepared.

In terms of loadout? You can always have the helicopter drop a new one for you during a mission so not being properly equipped is never really an issue.

Finished the game with the
Mission 46
ending. And I have to say,
I fucking knew that was going to happen from the beginning. Even then I kinda prefer this ending instead of what we all had in mind before release.

Listened to the truth tapes and I need more. I want to see things talked in the tapes. Such a lust for more information.

Oh yeah also
Fuck Huey.

And now to see the FOB stuff finally.

fritzo

Is there a way to replay the main story in the proper order with the cassette tapes? Meaning, after a cut scene or mission a tape would be available to listen to. But now that I've finished I don't know the exact order. And I'm definitely not starting a new game, so don't suggest it please.

PensOwl

Banned
In terms of loadout? You can always have the helicopter drop a new one for you during a mission so not being properly equipped is never really an issue.

he probably means in terms of development. I had lvl 1 rocket launcher, no lmgs, lvl 1 sniper when I was at traitor's caravan. Got better by metallic archea but not by enough

BadWolf

he probably means in terms of development. I had lvl 1 rocket launcher, no lmgs, lvl 1 sniper when I was at traitor's caravan. Got better by metallic archea but not by enough

Ah okay.

D-Walker (with Gatling gun) and Quite work great on them too.

neoism

so guys i just did mission 31 and then did a side op and miller says come to mother base.... that kid gives me a look and disappears am i suppose to fined him or something cant fined him anywhere....

so guys i just did mission 31 and then did a side op and miller says come to mother base.... that kid gives me a look and disappears am i suppose to fined him or something cant fined him anywhere....

That was just another what's up at Motherbase cutscene. There are quite a few of those.

SliChillax

Just finished the prologue, that was intense. I really enjoyed it, hope the rest of the game fares well, I'm not too optimistic about the open world theme.

Top Bottom