• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

I don't think it would be hugely problematic to have you fight them immediately and *then* dump you back to the ACC after you inevitably die, rather than the "restart from checkpoint" screen. This way the continuity works the first time you play it but then quickly get the shit you need without air dropping it all.

TwistedMind

Neo Member
So I reached the point where there are no new missions are available for me except the extreme ones and side ops with no yellow markere.
should I remove the butterfly emplem
in order to unlock side ops 150 and episode 45 for the game to continue or is there a way to unlock episode 46 and finish the game without
losing quiet
?

Golnei

I don't think it would be hugely problematic to have you fight them immediately and *then* dump you back to the ACC after you inevitably die, rather than the "restart from checkpoint" screen. This way the continuity works the first time you play it but then quickly get the shit you need without air dropping it all.

That seems like it'd just be a pointless inconvenience. I'd have rather it be mechanically similar to the current setup; but instead of taking you to the actual ACC menu, it'd allow you to go straight to the preparations screen or use the iDroid on a black screen.

Anyone else's motivation to play fall off a cliff after mission 31? I can't see myself finishing this.

Yup. I loved it but it felt finished at that point. I was mostly just upgrading to slightly better versions of things by then rather than getting new things. I played 2 of the non repeat missions then looked up the story bits online as I felt it was all over the place and badly put together at that point.

Once I knew the rest of the story I started to just work my way through the missions needed and concentrate on the gameplay more than the story. It's still not been anywhere near as awesome as the first 31 missions but I have an compulsion to finish all non repeat main missions and I just have 1 yellow side op and 1 mission to go and I can put the game to bed.

Would rather it ended at 31 and then just had an epilogue that tied up the loose ends then let you carry on with side ops and alternate missions if you decided.

Still that first chapter was a ton of fun.
So I reached the point where there are no new missions are available for me except the extreme ones and side ops with no yellow markere.
in order to unlock side ops 150 and episode 45 for the game to continue or is there a way to unlock episode 46 and finish the game without
losing quiet
?
Yes.
I just did a few more side ops and made sure all yellow tapes were listened to and 46 unlocked. I have done 46 but haven't unlocked 45 yet. I think it's every 3 side ops a new yellow thing unlocks.

losing quiet
?
Listen to all yellow marked tapes, keep doing some more sideops until you get a new tape of
Huey being interrogated.
After you've listened to this tape do a few more sideops and you should get pulled back to mother base for a new cutscene of
Huey getting exiled from the motherbase

SJRB

Gold Member
Or just do what I did. Fulton everyone regardless of traits and let things sort them selves out. My base progressed just fine ignoring all that crap.

I didn't spend a single minute sorting any of that out and I never had any issue whatsoever. Just make sure GMP is not in the red and that morale is good, and all should be fine.

Once you have enough MB staff and you don't have to be desperate anymore just don't fulton troublemakers unless their stats are god-tier.

The only soldiers I go out of my way to kill are Boasters. I only tranq enemies, but Boasters I actively hunt down and stab them in the heart.

I didn't spend a single minute sorting any of that out and I never had any issue whatsoever. Just make sure GMP is not in the red and that morale is good, and all should be fine.

Once you have enough MB staff and you don't have to be desperate anymore just don't fulton troublemakers unless their stats are god-tier.

The only soldiers I go out of my way to kill are Boasters. I only tranq enemies, but Boasters I actively hunt down and stab them in the heart.

Lol nice. I'm to lazy to check each persons stats. Just strap em to the balloon. Ocalot can deal with that shit, might as well let him do something.

I found a cheat table thanks to a helpful pal in the Quiet clothing mod thread. The cheat table allows you FULL weapon customization.

I've been havin a REAL good time making some frankenweapons and I think they looks cool as all hell.

http://orig04.deviantart.net/5131/f/2015/275/5/4/mgsvtpp_2015_10_02_22_21_26_269_by_aloooo81-d9bq75h.jpg[IMG]

Here's my air pistol with a sleep grenade underbarrel.

[IMG]http://orig00.deviantart.net/0e27/f/2015/275/d/1/mgsvtpp_2015_10_02_22_20_04_955_by_aloooo81-d9bq6wl.jpg

This is a SUPER short Kbarga auto shotgun.

http://orig07.deviantart.net/678a/f/2015/275/d/7/mgsvtpp_2015_10_02_22_18_50_037_by_aloooo81-d9bq6x0.jpg[IMG]

[URL="http://sta.sh/016h9en6kzf9"]Cheat engine table download[/URL]. When selecting parts, there will be ~50 or so parts. If it hasn't gone through everything in that category, you can back out - hit the Numpad + key, then enter back in the category and more options will be available.

When done reset it back to 0 to get back to the start for the next category.

This is super fun to make.[/QUOTE]

That is BEAUTIFUL.

Gurish

Just opened up Quiet and I don't know how to use her and give her orders, she just do whatever she wants, tried to play side ops with her and most of the time she wasn't even with me, she just stuck at some random point in the map.

People said she is very useful, so what do i do wrong?

Just opened up Quiet and I don't know how to use her and give her orders, she just do whatever she wants, tried to play side ops with her and most of the time she wasn't even with me, she just stuck at some random point in the map.

People said she is very useful, so what do i do wrong?

You need to give her commands with L1. The thing is that some times you can only give her commands after you have engaged an enemy and have been discovered. Then you can tell her to "cover". You can also use your binoculars and press L1 when looking at a enemy and give her a command to kill that enemy. if they wear a helmet she will sometimes hit the helmet first. Her usage changes drastically depending on if you give her a gun that fires tranq (ZzzZZZ) or lethal sniper. I prefer to tell her to cover me and just tranq everyone so I can fulton everything.

And I mean everything. So much of the fun I get from this game is just fulton extracting trucks, mechs, tanks and all sorts of shit.

lcap

Guys, just finished Chapter 1 and
without spoiling anything, is the next chapter as good as the teaser that played at the end suggests? I feel that, as awesome as chapter 1 was it left more questions than answers regarding the plot

Gurish

You need to give her commands with L1. The thing is that some times you can only give her commands after you have engaged an enemy and have been discovered. Then you can tell her to "cover". You can also use your binoculars and press L1 when looking at a enemy and give her a command to kill that enemy. if they wear a helmet she will sometimes hit the helmet first. Her usage changes drastically depending on if you give her a gun that fires tranq (ZzzZZZ) or lethal sniper. I prefer to tell her to cover me and just tranq everyone so I can fulton everything.

And I mean everything. So much of the fun I get from this game is just fulton extracting trucks, mechs, tanks and all sorts of shit.
But how do i get her to come along with me? I want to give her a command to kill someone but she is no beven there!

But how do i get her to come along with me? I want to give her a command to kill someone but she is no beven there!

She comes by herself. After you begin shooting enemies and are discovered she will have moved to a sniper position and you can command her to fire. You can't order her to follow you like D-Dog.

As you build her bond level new abilities unlock.

Not sure what you have at the start but if you go to map, press down on dpad till quiet options are there. You
unlock scout and attack abilities on there. I though you start with scout at least. She then goes to that location and marks all people she sees.

valkyre

Guys when you reach checkpoints do you get some very subtle microstutters until checkpoint saving is complete? Ps4 version here

MNC

Is there ANY redeeming quality to Chapter 2?

I just unlocked the side ops to extract the
escaped children
. Not looking for any spoilers for the rest of Ch. 2, but is there going to be any story in there, and is it going to be any decent?

Ratrat

escaped children
. Not looking for any spoilers for the rest of Ch. 2, but is there going to be any story in there, and is it going to be any decent?
Its a glorified epilogue. Its short with only a few story missions that are the games true ending.
You should consider the game done with chapter 1 and everything after that as extras.

SJRB

Gold Member

escaped children

Some will be decent, most won't. Set your expectations accordingly, it's not getting better than this.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
As you build her bond level new abilities unlock.

Not sure what you have at the start but if you go to map, press down on dpad till quiet options are there. You
unlock scout and attack abilities on there. I though you start with scout at least. She then goes to that location and marks all people she sees.
What's useful is if you select at attack point on the map she doesn't actually attack until you give a command. It just allows you to get her into the best position to take people out/draw fire.

Also, a lot of ya'll don't seem to know about being able to give her commands on the map! By no means do you have to wait until enemies are engaged, that just triggers her automatic defence.

Guys any tip for episode 16? Its single handedly making me say fuck it never gonna tuch this game again

The super easy way if you have container Fulton....
restart the mission, run to the airport (the truck is there). I set c4 next to the tanks. Ran up the truck to set off the skulls. Set off c4.fultoned truck. The skulls destroyed the balloons. I fultoned again and it worked. Then just round the corner is some containers.get on the container. Fulton it and keep the button held down and you will go with it.mission complete. S rank.

MNC

Its a glorified epilogue. Its short with only a few story missions that are the games true ending.
You should consider the game done with chapter 1 and everything after that as extras.
Thanks. Thats really sad though :(
Chapter 1 felt unfinished as well. At least it had a beginning and an ending though.

myco666

Thanks. Thats really sad though :(
Chapter 1 felt unfinished as well. At least it had a beginning and an ending though.

Chapter 2 has some of the best moments in the entire game though.

Okay seriously is there anyway to get the success rate higher than 50-55 on S-Difficulty Dispatch Missions? I feel like I am sending my units to die every single time without any success.

Servbot24

Banned
I just beat Mission 46. I liked it!
They definitely could have removed some of the tutorial stuff, but it really wasn't a big deal.

Now I have two more missions to do, after which I assume 51 unlocks.

As a side note, imagine how much better the game reception would have been with the very simple tweak of removing the Chapter titles, and moving the duplicate missions to the side ops list. The content of the game would be the same, but everyone's perception of it would be completely different.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
120 hours in and only now do I discover you can switch sides in the helicopter by pulling back on the left analogue.

Time to wreck shit.

myco666

I just beat Mission 46. I liked it!
They definitely could have removed some of the tutorial stuff, but it really wasn't a big deal.

Now I have two more missions to do, after which I assume 51 unlocks.

As a side note, imagine how much better the game reception would have been with the very simple tweak of removing the Chapter titles, and moving the duplicate missions to the side ops list. The content of the game would be the same, but everyone's perception of it would be completely different.

Ehhh... 51 isn't in the game. It is only on the Blu-Ray that came with CE. It is on youtube also so check it from there.

Haunted

Chapter 2 has some of the best moments in the entire game though.

Okay seriously is there anyway to get the success rate higher than 50-55 on S-Difficulty Dispatch Missions? I feel like I am sending my units to die every single time without any success.
Not really, even with S+ soldiers it's like 60% tops. The missions are tough. No such thing as a low risk/high reward mission.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
The super easy way if you have container Fulton....
restart the mission, run to the airport (the truck is there). I set c4 next to the tanks. Ran up the truck to set off the skulls. Set off c4.fultoned truck. The skulls destroyed the balloons. I fultoned again and it worked. Then just round the corner is some containers.get on the container. Fulton it and keep the button held down and you will go with it.mission complete. S rank.
Wear your best armor and just run to the truck, fulton it, call d horse and leave the area.
Did it all under heavy fire, no problems.
Dont have the container fulton yet :( why the fuck my Medical level is still 6 ?

When the
Skulls appear their mist zombifies all nearby soldiers, including people within vehicles, such as tanks *hint hint*
by the time I gather the
Intel the truck is at kazyba camp and I have to run across the whole map to catch the thing just before it reaches oil field
dont have time to do any thing or I m missing somthing

Top Bottom