• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Just opened up Quiet and I don't know how to use her and give her orders, she just do whatever she wants, tried to play side ops with her and most of the time she wasn't even with me, she just stuck at some random point in the map.

People said she is very useful, so what do i do wrong?

open the map and hit down on dpad to select the option to tell her where to scout or attack

So do you get the two soldiers near the containers with the Hellbound trick if you continue to fulton them after restarting?

Not really, even with S+ soldiers it's like 60% tops. The missions are tough. No such thing as a low risk/high reward mission.

Just 60? Damn. I've lost 8 hours thanks to Peacekeepers and I've had near 55-60%.

Roubjon

Holy fucking shit. I just spent an 40 minutes trying to complete the
Back up, Back Down mission and all of its objectives. I basically did everything, and was just looking for the last prisoners.
I get seen and then shot dead, continue from checkpoint, and I have to do EVERYTHING OVER? Why the hell aren't there any checkpoints? Holy shit. This is by far the most annoying mission in the game.

Ourobolus

Banned
Back up, Back Down mission and all of its objectives. I basically did everything, and was just looking for the last prisoners.
I get seen and then shot dead, continue from checkpoint, and I have to do EVERYTHING OVER? Why the hell aren't there any checkpoints? Holy shit. This is by far the most annoying mission in the game.

Oh yeah. Doing all the objectives for that mission was a huge pain.

Ashura_MX

Do I need to build a Base development strut before I can process online materials?
I'm not ven sure why would I have online materials in the first place since I dont have a platform that mines them.

WHOOOOOOOO is giving me materials :(

There are only checkpoints when you travel a certain distance

BadWolf

Any good tactics for episode 40?

Some strats:

1. Teach Quiet why she shouldn't bring a sniper rifle to a tank fight (no, seriously, grab a tank and go to town).
2. If you don't care about S rank, call in an air strike with sleeping gas. Then duck in and out of cover while it is being dropped to distract her, so she doesn't run away. 2 or 3 of these should do the trick.
3. Use smoke grenades and then shoot her while using night vision goggles. Decoys come in handy too.

It's pretty impressive how many ways there are to handle that fight.

rtcn63

Regarding Mission 16
Like people have said, jump in the tanks. You should be able to take out at least one or two Skulls before both tanks eject you. You don't even need to move the tanks, just swivel the canons as needed.

Dont have the container fulton yet :( why the fuck my Medical level is still 6 ?
by the time I gather the
Intel the truck is at kazyba camp and I have to run across the whole map to catch the thing just before it reaches oil field
dont have time to do any thing or I m missing somthing
traitor's caravan? The truck is parked at the airport at the start of the mission

Branson

While this game is goofy, I think Peace Walker nailed the side missions. They were unique compaired to this game. Going on a date with Paz? Snake in a tux? Monster hunter? I mean what the hell happened to that? Why is it only 4 repeating things? Blah.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
While this game is goofy, I think Peace Walker nailed the side missions. They were unique compaired to this game. Going on a date with Paz? Snake in a tux? Monster hunter? I mean what the hell happened to that? Why is it only 4 repeating things? Blah.

Its not just repetitiveness. The VR missions in MGS2 were also a little repetitive, with 7 repeating things across the same levels (Sneaking, Weapons, "Variety", Elimination, Bomb Disposal, Hold-Up, Photography) but it was more fun for me because it went so much faster. There was no 10 second load screen going to and from ACC, no visits back to Mother Base to shower and raise morale every 10-15 side ops, no 30 second helicopter intro you watch every time, no eventless traversal over a barren open world or cardboard fast travel. It was just instantly getting you to the gameplay, bam bam bam snap snap snap.

And I'm not talking about the speed of the gameplay itself. I like surveying the guards in MGSV before making a move or sometimes slowly crawling through an area and have no problem with that pacing. Its getting to that gameplay which makes the process of 157 side ops much longer than it needed to be.

We community now.

Repetitive is fine for me because the core gameplay is fun but it becomes a pain whenever gunships start showing up, and they show up a lot in the later side ops.

FranXico

So do you get the two soldiers near the containers with the Hellbound trick if you continue to fulton them after restarting?

You get to keep on extracting two soldiers each time, but their stats are random because they are not "key soldiers" (i.e., neither mission rewards, objectives nor special NPCs).

So, yeah, you can skip the lower ranked ones and keep the good ones.

I wonder when will Konami patch this out. All they have to do is remove or change some checkpoint save triggers.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, they passed it to community pretty quick, or is it always more or less after a month?

Anyway, finished the game. The only thing that frustrates me is that some storylines are very clearly opened but not finished. Wasn't bad at all.

And mission
filled me with feels.

BadWolf

Do you guys play with markers on or off?

I've always had reflex off and tried to turn markers off but that not only turns marking soldiers off (which is what I wanted) but also turns off the mission objective indicators (even the markers you place manually on the map) and the helicopter LZ marker. So I had to keep bringing up the idroid for the map :/

And mission
filled me with feels.

Really love the way her story and relationship with
Venom
were handled, all without pretty much any words being spoke
until the very end

You get to keep on extracting two soldiers each time, but their stats are random because they are not "key soldiers" (i.e., neither mission rewards, objectives nor special NPCs).

So, yeah, you can skip the lower ranked ones and keep the good ones.

I wonder when will Konami patch this out. All they have to do is remove or change some checkpoint save triggers.

They had S ranks 2 out of the 5 times I tried the trick, not bad for something that takes just minutes I guess.

I don't know if they'll even bother with it, hope they don't take it out though. Fuels resources are a pain to gather.

I've always had reflex off and tried to turn markers off but that not only turns marking soldiers off (which is what I wanted) but also turns off the mission objective indicators (even the markers you place manually on the map) and the helicopter LZ marker. So I had to keep bringing up the idroid for the map :/

Venom
until the very end
In Ground Zeroes I always played with reflex and markings off. For TPP I leave both on. I rarely use the "see enemies through walls" setting for other games but because it's open world it doesn't feel like cheating. Same thing with reflex. I've finished everything so when I replay missions to improve my score and time I restart if I trigger reflex. I just don't feel like going into the settings between missions and free roam.

BadWolf

In Ground Zeroes I always played with reflex and markings off. For TPP I leave both on. I rarely use the "see enemies through walls" setting for other games but because it's open world it doesn't feel like cheating. Same thing with reflex. I've finished everything so when I replay missions to improve my score and time I restart if I trigger reflex. I just don't feel like going into the settings between missions and free roam.

Yeah that makes sense.

I too was hesitant about the enemy x-ray thing but it overall makes the game more enjoyable and allows for greater freedom and fun when coming up with strats.

BizzyBum

What is the fastest way to get resources to complete MB? Now that fuel, common, and biological need 48k per upgrade it's a little much. lol

atr0cious

I just did this last week and I love it. I love walking/driving/riding in first person while watching the idroid. Plus during missions, having to check the idroid for soldiers makes things really tense. Someone else said it, but I noticed I was playing the triangles instead of the soldiers. Now quiet and ddog aren't op either. And it makes you notice the music changes and soldier animations a lot more.

Gui_PT

Hey guys, not sure if is the right place to post about this but I finished the game recently on the 360, feel free to add me as a friend or supporter if you'd like to help protect your base.

BadWolf

This player has completely broken the Quiet Extreme fight in any way you could possibly break it.

Some here have already seen his Stun grenade method but this shows like 6 others.

Really puts into perspective how much I suck -_-

I just did this last week and I love it. I love walking/driving/riding in first person while watching the idroid. Plus during missions, having to check the idroid for soldiers makes things really tense. Someone else said it, but I noticed I was playing the triangles instead of the soldiers. Now quiet and ddog aren't op either. And it makes you notice the music changes and soldier animations a lot more.

This is exactly why I wanted to give it a try.

Will give it another shot.

Venom Fox

Banned
Still reppin In NFS Beta.

h3FjWiX.jpg

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Venom
until the very end

The way she hesitates to speak English, but did so anyway to save him was amazing. Definitely my favorite character in MGS.

Gui_PT

Random question but maybe someone here can help.. What do I need to do to get 100%?

Finished all missions with s rank and all mission tasks
Finished all side ops
Captured all animals
Have all key items and I'm missing a blueprint(from a dispatch mission). Still need to unlock a few dispatch missions but the loss rate is like 20% so I'd rather get higher level soldiers before having a go

But I'm only at 97%

Any good tactics for episode 40?

Take a
damaging sniper riffle like the brennan. Spot her from the starting position. Get down. Call an artillery strike on her position. Activate night vision. Hit her 2 times with the sniper. Only one time she will resist you. S ranking

watership

I feel I'm hitting a wall with some of these late missions. 'Extreme' missions, etc. Do I need to complete these to get more Story scenes? Not a big fan of redoing these missions with different conditions/limits.

Is processing just random over time or is there a way to speed it up?

It seems to be based on the player activating checkpoints that save the game, which happens during normal play, but not when sitting in the ACC doing nothing, or standing in the field doing nothing. One strategy involves the truck near the mansion in Africa, it regularly seems to pass checkpoints (though in my latest session, it didn't seem to be working)

Random question but maybe someone here can help.. What do I need to do to get 100%?

Finished all missions with s rank and all mission tasks
Finished all side ops
Captured all animals
Have all key items and I'm missing a blueprint(from a dispatch mission). Still need to unlock a few dispatch missions but the loss rate is like 20% so I'd rather get higher level soldiers before having a go

But I'm only at 97%
you need that blueprint and you need to finish all the dispatch missions.

Cross posting from FOB thread:

FINALLY.

Just started my last FOB platform for construction. Will be 4/4 on all MB and FOB platforms in 16 hours.

One tip I can give is forget about stealing unprocessed resources from people, they process in my experience incredibly slow even with 8/8 on base development. Instead farm them from missions. It seems to process much more faster in doing this when you're riding around in that damn truck :lol
Bilogical - 21
Fuel/Minor - 12 (need
wormhole
fulton)
Common - 18

Can be done in about 2 minutes per and you can also fulton out some good stats guys as well.

It seems to be based on the player activating checkpoints that save the game, which happens during normal play, but not when sitting in the ACC doing nothing, or standing in the field doing nothing. One strategy involves the truck near the mansion in Africa, it regularly seems to pass checkpoints (though in my latest session, it didn't seem to be working)

The Best method for this I've found is spawn in the location free roam JUST north of Spugmay Keep. Immediatly throw a decoy in the road as a truck will drive by here EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU SPAWN into the game. Hop into the truck and set your controller down. Read above to get the best haul of your resources.

muteki

So beyond playing random side ops to progress later on, apparently you need to
switch up what buddy you take with you.
I was up to 4+ side ops with no progress until I changed it up and Miller was on the phone after my next completed one.

Also, so wish I upgraded my stun arm sooner. Full charge on the last upgrade is amazing, even if Kiefer can't yell for shit.

BizzyBum

Does doing FOBs count? I might just start doing those while waiting.

Top Bottom