• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Hasney

Going to spoiler this just incase. This is about Quiet and Mission 45 for those that haven't got that far.

So to unlock Side Op #150 and Mission 45 I have to have my bond with Quiet at full. What's the best, and quickest, way to raise her bond? Do I just replay missions with her as my buddy or is there something else?

Missions and side ops, yeah

Phionoxx

Anyone else on PS4 having repeated failed to connect to server errors (10012)? From what I can tell on Konami's site they should be operating fine.

Sifl

I honestly don't understand how the enemy see's you in certain instances. I set Quiet to cover me, everyone gets her attention but the helicopter. I didn't set off a single alert, but the helicopter starts shooting in my direction, but I carefully crawl out of its LoS. It the proceeds to follow me all around the field, while every single other enemy is focused on Quiet and eventually kills me.

Guys, which Sound mode suits better for MGSV with the Gold/Silver headsets ? Or which customization presets would give me the better sound ?

Finished 'part 1' last night....

I feel like I still have a long way to go. I got through a few of the 'harder' version of previous missions. I kind of like the extra restrictions they did but it's odd that these are missions you've done before.

Did 3-4 FOB raids as well.

I was successful in all of them because the base defenses of other players are pretty low. It also just started me at the core platform (weird) so all I had to do was climb to the top and avoid a few guys.

Since security isn't it's own stat I'm not sure who to put in my security unit. I haven't unlocked any of the extra base defense so it's this odd problem of wanting good guys on defense but not guys I'm willing to lose.

Portugeezer

It puts them in the best place. Depends if you want specific units levelling up quicker or not.

i find that 90% of the time it works out well. The only time you might want to micromanage is maybe when one of your divisions is about to be full. I'll move someone around to another division where they're equally as competent to free up some space until i can expand MB.

Also, if youre like a level away from developing something that you really really want then you might want to change things up to get that level

Great. This will save me a lot of time.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Is it possible to no alert Episode 9, Backup, Back Down?

So I have been trying to S rank this with no alerts and no relfex (reflex turned off)

I can extract every tank with the mines, easy, last two tanks however no matter what I do an alert goes out and a gunship comes in, even if i extract them without noise, seems like its scripted but maybe I am doing something wrong.

For people who have completed the game:

I have not completed the game, in fact, I'm only on mission 15. Please temper your responses based on that.

OK, so my wife decided to "read ahead" with the story and informed me about some kind of alternate "ending" involving Quiet. She didn't go into details, but she did say that apparently I can't get 100% in the game if I go down this "Quiet Path".

Is this true?

Is there a way to get both endings in one playthrough?

I really don't want to have to replay the whole game just to get both of these endings, especially since it appears I will have more than 100 hours in the game before I reach the end at this rate.

Window

So how do you deploy and test out the
battle gear?
I don't see any missions in combat deployment which use it.

I have not completed the game, in fact, I'm only on mission 15. Please temper your responses based on that.

OK, so my wife decided to "read ahead" with the story and informed me about some kind of alternate "ending" involving Quiet. She didn't go into details, but she did say that apparently I can't get 100% in the game if I go down this "Quiet Path".

Is this true?

I really don't want to have to replay the whole game just to get both of these endings, especially since it appears I will have more than 100 hours in the game before I reach the end at this rate.

There are not alternate paths. The primary choice is to kill or recruit Quiet, which you have already passed. What she is likely speaking about is that if you take a certain story thread to it's completion it will affect your gameplay somewhat. It doesn't affect completion, but know this; use a butterfly symbol in your DD logo if you would rather continue using Quiet near the end of the game. When you're ready to finish the story, either watch online, or take the butterfly symbol off at the end of the game and play through the story segment with the knowledge in mind that it will affect your gameplay options somewhat.

Saven

Banned
About to begin the infamous Mission
After hearing about what a great mission it is by lots of people here and some other sites, I'm scared lol.

There are not alternate paths. The primary choice is to kill or recruit Quiet, which you have already passed. What she is likely speaking about is that if you take a certain story thread to it's completion it will affect your gameplay somewhat. It doesn't affect completion, but know this; use a butterfly symbol in your DD logo if you would rather continue using Quiet near the end of the game.

Well she said that if you go down that story thread
you can't access certain missions near the end of the game.

I guess that isn't true?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Is this true?

You can't be blocked from 100%, no. It is possible to 'freeze' something from occurring but you can still always have it happen. Trying to be vague though, lol.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I can extract every tank with the mines, easy, last two tanks however no matter what I do an alert goes out and a gunship comes in, even if i extract them without noise, seems like its scripted but maybe I am doing something wrong.

It's scripted. AFAIK you can skip that that script by extracting at least 3 and then Phantom Cigaring the mission timer down to 0. Note this may speed up the other vehicles but it'll count as an S-rank because you finished the mission faster than the real-time.

has anyone confirmed if they used quiet during one of the 'bugged' missions if the game immediately breaks or not? Like i did two more missions after that....am i good?

It will not restrict missions, no. It merely has to do with Quiet's status as a buddy.

OK, cool!

Thanks for the answers.

You can't be blocked from 100%, no. It is possible to 'freeze' something from occurring but you can still always have it happen. Trying to be vague though, lol.

Well, it's probably not hard to figure out what it is, they alluded to it when Quiet is first brought back to base.

Thanks for putting that in spoilers though!

KingKong

By far the biggest problem with this game is their bizarre handling of mission rankings. It was perfectly fine in Ground Zeroes but they had to screw it all up

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
It's scripted. AFAIK you can skip that that script by extracting at least 3 and then Phantom Cigaring the mission timer down to 0. Note this may speed up the other vehicles but it'll count as an S-rank because you finished the mission faster than the real-time.

Yeah I thought about maybe ignoring the last two, ill try that

Danneee

yeah, but a shot to the head is a bullet spent. and a bullet spent is a suppressor getting worked.

I like to use bullet-free options whenever possible so DD is the safest option if for whatever reason i cant slit the guard's throat myself.

it's not my fault, he should gone to school or done more push ups or something.

Well, if I need to use my AR for more than a shot at a time it's probably doesn't matter if it's suppressed or not anymore:)

mcarlie

Banned
So apparently if you take a MB member on an FOB mission and you die they are gone for good. Took my best combat character on a mission and now she's gone.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'm loving the game more now that I've gotten more of a handle on things. I'm like 27 hours into it, have done missions 1-9 and 11 and 16 or 17 side ops so far. Definitely a massive game.

I hated quitting last night as I'd just developed a tranq sniper and finally have D Dog available to go as a buddy.

How do you reliably traverse without D-Horse? I just got DD and my fulton isn't strong enough to steal cars yet. So it took me ~20 minutes just to get to the mission area because the bases I passed didn't have any vehicles or the fast travel system.

The White Mamba [3] tape:
So what's being implied here? That the real Liquid we know is out there somewhere or that the Liquid we know only THINKS he's a clone but actually isn't? Because if it's the latter it's a serious series-breaking continuity problem.

How do you reliably traverse without D-Horse? I just got DD and my fulton isn't strong enough to steal cars yet. So it took me ~20 minutes just to get to the mission area because the bases I passed didn't have any vehicles or the fast travel system.

Really your options are cars or D-Horse.

You should get that fulton upgrade before too long. In the meantime, you should know that you can swap buddies during a mission, although it costs a bit of GMP. You can always drop in with D-Horse and then swap him for DD once you get to the primary base.

hamchan

So what's being implied here? That the real Liquid we know is out there somewhere or that the Liquid we know only THINKS he's a clone but actually isn't? Because if it's the latter it's a serious series-breaking continuity problem.

Keep playing the game.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?

Finish the game.

Ruff

can't answer without spoilers. Just keep playing.

I barely post on GAF lately because this game robbed my life. It's amazing how better it is compared to the average MGS4. And gamplay-wise is just on another whole level.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
After playing this for 40 hours, am I the only one who is starting to sit down like Snake does in the chopper? I do it constantly now. Just spread my legs and let my hands hang.

Chariot

After playing this for 40 hours, am I the only one who is starting to sit down like Snake does in the chopper? I do it constantly now. Just spread my legs and let my hands hang.
No, but I started to slide down minor elevations on the ground, taking me ages to get up uneven ground.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Just got an email from Nvidia regarding the key I bought for MGSV from the BST thread.

Wondering What to answer...

Be honest and say you bought the code off someone. I doubt Nvidia will be like "OMG NO *key revoked*" they already paid Konami to give the game away, I doubt they care someone took it off someone that didn't want it's hands.

So apparently if you take a MB member on an FOB mission and you die they are gone for good. Took my best combat character on a mission and now she's gone.

Did the same thing yesterday not knowing... Now to look for another female S soldier... I like the risk reward though...

braves01

Banned

Sprint, D horse is trash

Spazznid

Did the same thing yesterday not knowing... Now to look for another female S soldier... I like the risk reward though...

If they were easy to find, I'd have finished Snake's harem by now. I only have an A++ but I use a lower one cause she looks better in the fatigues.

Top Bottom