• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

desverger

Got a nice A rank dude with daily energy - Burbaba. Looks like he can change type with jobs, so that's awesome! Going to make him a spear user in my earnest :p

Visceir

Im not quite sure how to use the P icon that appears during battle. What exactly does it do?

It makes all skills activate 100% for that turn and multiplies damage/healing by 1.5x

You need to have it part of your attack chain to activate it, so have it align up with your attacker/pincer.

Arion

It makes all skills activate 100% for that turn and multiplies damage/healing by 1.5x

You need to have it part of your attack chain to activate it, so have it align up with your attacker/pincer.

Thanks.
I am really enjoying this. Despite this game having all the symptoms of an annoying F2P game the core game mechanics are really solid. And the way they utilize the touch screen to add an execution barrier on top of the solid turn based strategy mechanics is really well done.

aechris

Finally got Bahamut after 10 tries. I was showing my wife how bullshit it was that this was my tenth run through and how I've been wasting energy on, oh wait, I got him.

Mashing

Another SS pull, Gai'ga this time. That makes four. Now to get Bahamut.

Anyone know if I go into the Bahamut dungeon with nearly level 25-30 char if that is reducing my chances of him dropping?

depths20XX

Another SS pull, Gai'ga this time. That makes four. Now to get Bahamut.

Anyone know if I go into the Bahamut dungeon with nearly level 25-30 char if that is reducing my chances of him dropping?

Nope, it doesn't. I went in with lvl 30's and got him on second try.

I'm trying to farm the Gae Bolg from 8-10 for my 3rd job upgrade. Does it drop from the boss or random monsters? Also what's the rate like?

Brw, my SS ice mage, Piz'fer, now has 2 abilities that say Ice, Pincer Area. I thought it would just be the same attack twice but it's not. The first one makes a 3x3 square around every monster in the pincer area, but this new one makes an entire 3 columns centered on every monster in the pincer area. It's goddamn ridiculous, i can clear the board in 1 attack if it's a long horizontal row of monsters in the pincer area

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm trying to farm the Gae Bolg from 8-10 for my 3rd job upgrade. Does it drop from the boss or random monsters? Also what's the rate like?

Brw, my SS ice mage, Piz'fer, now has 2 abilities that say Ice, Pincer Area. I thought it would just be the same attack twice but it's not. The first one makes a 3x3 square around every monster in the pincer area, but this new one makes an entire 3 columns centered on every monster in the pincer area. It's goddamn ridiculous, i can clear the board in 1 attack if it's a long horizontal row of monsters in the pincer area
Drops from the boss; RNG shouldn't be too bad, worst one took less than 10 goes; best was once for my other 2.

Karu

Just beat 10-4. Was at first a bit shocked how it escalated so quickly, but I got him down on first try. Blessed Healer (Not even a character & just Rank C* as I just noticed, huh what about that?!)

* Now I am a bit puzzled and need a little education lesson: I have on my main team currently...

Grace, lvl 31, Rank B (archer)
Warrior, lvl 30, Rank C (sword)
Dracorin, lvl 29, Rank D(!) (archer)
Healer, lvl 29, Rank C (mage heal)
Ba'gunar, lvl 28, Rank B (sword)
Knight, lvl 30, Rank C (spear)

Top picks from my bank...

Eileen, lvl 22, Rank A (mage sleep)
Kuscah, lvl 21, Rank B (mage heal)
Kem, lvl 19, Rank A (spear)
Bahamut, lvl 11, Rank S (mage fire)
Lunaken, lvl 10, Rank S (spear)
Golem, lvl 1, Rank B (spear)
Echsenvolk-Magician, lvl 23, Rank C (mage ice)
R'zonand, lvl 22, Rank A (mage clear/confuse)

I'm doing something terribly wrong, don't I?! :D I assume energy-chars are always the better choice? So far got no real problems in regards to progression, but it seems I have untapped potential there? Would be most kind if someone gives my a little insight in their doings in terms of team-building! =)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
My gf is now at 12 fucking tries to get Bahamut.

Maaaan.

zulux21

Stay strong, hes totally worth the struggle.

I am going to continue to devote my stamina to him, but I won't devote any energy to refilling my stamina

if I get him I get him I likely won't use him anyways since I have the SS fire mage already.

I wish at the very least the material drops were more consistent...
I had one run with 14, and then the next two runs I got 0 :/

Soulflarz

Banned
Wait is bahamut worth using?

My current team is

Bahl (Sword, 2nd job, 35)
Kuscah (Heal Mage, 2nd job, 28)
Piz'fer (Ice Mage w/ AoE, 1st Job, 31) <-SS
Gigojago (Archer, 1st job, 35)
Zuzu (Sword, 2nd job, 22) <-S
Zenoze (Spear, 1st job, 34)

Who of those should I ditch for him if hes that good?

Notable reserve-
Ba'gunar (Thunder Sword, 1st, 25)
Palpa (Mage, 1st, 10) <-S
R'zonand (Status Effect?/Confusion Mage, 1st,10) <-A
Grace (Archer, 2nd, 1)
Bahamut, untouched whatsoever

Anfang

Wait is bahamut worth using?

My current team is

Bahl (Sword, 2nd job, 35)
Kuscah (Heal Mage, 2nd job, 28)
Piz'fer (Ice Mage w/ AoE, 1st Job, 31) <-SS
Gigojago (Archer, 1st job, 35)
Zuzu (Sword, 2nd job, 22) <-S
Zenoze (Spear, 1st job, 34)

Who of those should I ditch for him if hes that good?

Notable reserve-
Ba'gunar (Thunder Sword, 1st, 25)
Palpa (Mage, 1st, 10) <-S
R'zonand (Status Effect?/Confusion Mage, 1st,10) <-A
Grace (Archer, 2nd, 1)
Bahamut, untouched whatsoever

drop bahl or zuzu

Visceir

drop bahl or zuzu

Zuzu is one of the best characters to have in your team, in my opinion. His second job lvl 15 skill does 1000 dmg no matter what, that absolutely destroys bosses.

I won't bother leveling job1 bahamut up past lvl 20 and won't be using him until I can advance him to job2/3. Bahamut only has 1 attack skill at job1(other than the lvl 65+ one which no one will be getting anytime soon).

So how long is Bahamas going to be around? I've been unable to play the last few days, and even still I am not sure I'll be able to take him down with my team.

Any tips on minimum average level? I guess it goes without saying being the ice mages/ice characters

Soulflarz

Banned
So yeah, I guess my question is- what do i get rid of Bahl for? I mean, Bahamut doesnt seem to be too good at the moment. I think I need another lucky roll.

^And dont ditch Zuzu for a random guy, Zuzu is good.

So how long is Bahamas going to be around? I've been unable to play the last few days, and even still I am not sure I'll be able to take him down with my team.

Any tips on minimum average level? I guess it goes without saying being the ice mages/ice characters

1) Date to be determined, as they have 2 events to add to get his extra jobs
2) I cant say for sure, but I got it first try with a bunch of 25-30s. You might as well do story without fear of him disappearing for now.

Visceir

1) Date to be determined, as they have 2 events to add to get his extra jobs
2) I cant say for sure, but I got it first try with a bunch of 25-30s. You might as well do story without fear of him disappearing for now.

Bahamut will be at the Arena from 10/24&#65374;10/26!

<Bahamut Descends>
Clear the quest for a chance to add Bahamut to your team!

*Note*
*Bahamut drops are determined by in-game rates.
*The end date and time are TBD.

That's the news article, so it's possibly just for the weekend.

Negator

drop bahl or zuzu

WHAT? NO!

I dropped Bahl from my team for Bahamut. He's underlevelled currently, so he's a bit glass-cannon, but him at level 22 is way better than my 35 Bahl.

Might as well get advice for my team while I'm here.

Currently, I have

Gaiga 27 (Job 2)
Sh'berdan 39
Grace 39 (Job 2)
Kuscah 27 (Job 3)
Bahamut 23
Ba'gunar 38

Characters in the bench: Palpa, Nakupi, Manmer, Bahl, Mantledarke, Zan

Pretty slim pickings so not sure if my team is too suboptimal. I can't get Sea Tears to save my life so Sh'berdan and Ba'gunar are stuck in job 1.

FinKL

I wonder if it's indeed based on in game drop rate?

I've only gotten maybe 2 monsters to join my group going from start to 8-4...

This is bogus and I can see a lot of people complaining. At least give us tokens to shoot for so we can turn it in to get it :O I don't have him after 10 tries and I NEED a mage >_<

Visceir

Waiting for stamina to recover for 4 - 6 hours and then doing Metal Zone for 30 min -- not all that exciting, Can't wait to be done with exp farming.

I wonder if it's indeed based on in game drop rate?

I've only gotten maybe 2 monsters to join my group going from start to 8-4...

This is bogus and I can see a lot of people complaining. At least give us tokens to shoot for so we can turn it in to get it :O I don't have him after 10 tries and I NEED a mage >_<

Job1 Mantledrake > Job1 Bahamut for fire AoE damage/leveling.

Just saying.

meow

I did it with a pretty low level team, no ice users either. I think it was:
Lewto lvl 21
Samatha lvl 16
Grace lvl 23
Kuscah lvl 26
Bahl lvl 25
Amazora lvl 23

Some approximations in there since I've since done metal zone to get Samatha up and I played the bahamut event so many times, I leveled a few times while trying to catch him. I didn't have any problems though.

I'm starting to get fed up with the stamina limitations. I wish you could pay $20 or so for unlimited stamina. The f2p nature of this is getting harder to ignore.

dat feel when you come across some major downtime at work and run out stamina after 4 trips into a stage and can only do 1 thing every 1.2 hours :C

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm starting to get fed up with the stamina limitations. I wish you could pay $20 or so for unlimited stamina. The f2p nature of this is getting harder to ignore.

Femmeworth
Miss Negativity
(Today, 04:46 PM)

(I completely agree though. Id paid $30 for deletion of stamina and an area to battle for energy. Which is saying something, seeing as I find energy priced way too high at the moment to buy ANY)

Top Bottom