• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Visceir

Rolling duplicates all the time is killing this game for me, seriously. Every time I get enough energy to roll for a new character, I just get a lame skill boost. It would make sense if I already had a lot of characters, but that's not even the case. I planned to spent money on this, but I'm not going to spend money only to feel instant frustration.

Just out of curiosity -- how far into the game are you, what chapter?

9th time was the charm for me for Bahamut, woo.

Is anyone else having the dilemma of whether or not to level up a character to 65 or focus on bringing up their new job to par with the rest of the team?

Rolling duplicates all the time is killing this game for me, seriously. Every time I get enough energy to roll for a new character, I just get a lame skill boost. It would make sense if I already had a lot of characters, but that's not even the case. I planned to spent money on this, but I'm not going to spend money only to feel instant frustration.

Look on the bright side, in other similar games like PAD or BF when you roll a duplicate it's totally useless, at least you get a skill boost here.

Part of the issue is that the game is brand new, so the size of the monster pool is pretty small.

Ryuukan

Czekras and Kuscah finish 18-2 alone

They turn to each other for comfort after the unforeseen casualties

"Kuscah, is this the price we pay for getting Bahamut in one try?!"

Czekras and Kuscah finish 18-2 alone

They turn to each other for comfort after the unforeseen casualties

"Kuscah, is this the price we pay for getting Bahamut in one try?!"

Haha, I had to grind to level up Kana so I could bring her along for the confusion healing for Ch18.

SWKwong

Neo Member
Saw that Bahamut was only a S and decided to use the energy for rolling.

Got Rikken, but that just means I have 1 B rank bow user, 3 A rank bow users and 1 SS rank bow user.

So many bows @_@..

Visceir

Hunting Zone 3 coin creeps seems to sometimes have some special monsters, I usually get 7 - 8 k coin, but with the special monsters I get up to 14 k, that's quite neat. Won't take long to get enough coin to get all my job changes done.

Saw that Bahamut was only a S and decided to use the energy for rolling.

Got Rikken, but that just means I have 1 B rank bow user, 3 A rank bow users and 1 SS rank bow user.

So many bows @_@..

Rikken changes weapons when she changes jobs, shes one of the best characters in game, grats!

Edit: Nvm, that was Yukken that has different weapons every job. Rikken is still pretty cool tho

Jmonkey

Unconfirmed Member
Got Bahamut on the first try.

Lost my two strongest units at the start of the boss round, but still managed to pull through.

Neol

So judging from this Bahamut seems to be a pretty good fire mage if you don't have a mage already.

Might use him depending on whether the upgrade material caladbolg is not that hard to get.

http://terrabattlex.com/characters

Why does this say that you can get range from SS to B, when there are clearly C and D ranked characters? It's aggravating because I've been trying to find out the total number of characters including C and D, to figure out what my odds are of drawing good characters from Pact of Friendship, and what levels to farm to get certain monsters to join my group.

Ryuukan

After 18-3, Czekras lay dying surrounded by a pit of spikes. With a single tear in his eye he called out to Kuscah.

"I'll forever feel your Giga Heal in my heart."

"Why does this say that you can get range from SS to B, when there are clearly C and D ranked characters? It's aggravating because I've been trying to find out the total number of characters including C and D, to figure out what my odds are of drawing good characters from Pact of Friendship, and what levels to farm to get certain monsters to join my group."

Like most games of this sort, the players are only interested in the high rank characters.

Jaruru

http://terrabattlex.com/characters

Why does this say that you can get range from SS to B, when there are clearly C and D ranked characters? It's aggravating because I've been trying to find out the total number of characters including C and D, to figure out what my odds are of drawing good characters from Pact of Friendship, and what levels to farm to get certain monsters to join my group.

iirc, I could be wrong
Pact of Truth (energy) will garantee at least B class and up
Pact of Fellow ship has the range from D to A

6th try, still no drop :(

Rikken changes weapons when she changes jobs, shes one of the best characters in game, grats!

Edit: Nvm, that was Yukken that has different weapons every job. Rikken is still pretty cool tho

Rikken is still cool in my book since she has support skills and some off healing. Once i get the rare weapons for both sisters i want the drop buff they both have since i rarely get monsters.

iirc, I could be wrong
Pact of Truth (energy) will garantee at least B class and up
Pact of Fellow ship has the range from D to A

That's my point. Both this site as well as the wiki both say that B is the lowest rank of character that exists, when it clearly isn't true.

Aexact

That's my point. Both this site as well as the wiki both say that B is the lowest rank of character that exists, when it clearly isn't true.
If you can't change jobs, you don't count as a person.
Or so I presume. As far as I've gotten, the C and D ranks are composed of generics that sign their contracts with "Healer" or "Stonefolk Mage" or "Sabertooth King". The lowest rank job changer I've gotten is B.

Akahige

So judging from this Bahamut seems to be a pretty good fire mage if you don't have a mage already.

Might use him depending on whether the upgrade material caladbolg is not that hard to get.
Ohhh I get what people in this thread are talking about now, you can unlock him, I thought it took people ten times to beat him.

Deitus

It's a unit that exists in the game though, so you would think a database site would at least have them on the site, especially since you can pull them from the Pact of Friendship.

Yeah, it's surprising that Terra Battle X doesn't really make any listings for recruitable enemies. Both wikis seem to distinguish between characters (who have a backstory, multiple jobs, and can be acquired in pact of truth) and recruitable enemies (no jobs or story, and can only be recruited in battle or from pact of fellowship). But for whatever reason Terra Battle X didn't think it was worth even listing the latter. Seems like they should, because especially early on you can get units that have skills that might be difficult to get from actual characters.

The Terra Battle Wikia does at least have a list of enemy units and the individual entries list which areas they can be recruited from, but it's definitely not complete.

Edit: I should note that list doesn't appear to distinguish between enemies that can be recruited and those that can't, since Tin King is on the list.

tl;dr

Can you reroll if you're iOS? Haven't downloaded yet.
Don't own an iOS, but I found this:
To reroll, find and delete/rename the save file "savedata.bin"

iOS: you can either do this through iTools/iFunbox/iExplorer on a computer, or through iFile (jailbreak).
The file is located in:
"/Documents/savedata.bin" for iTools/iFunbox/iExplorer
"/var/mobile/Applications/Terra Battle/Documents/savedata.bin" for iFile

Hope it helps.

Also use code dhth66nWXVCbjdTC after the tutorial (Ch 1) for an additional roll each time you reset.

Ducarmel

Got Maralme with the free energy today :( I think she is a cool character but again I have no unique bow user beside the farmable c-d monster units. I cant even get Whitewyrm to drop for me.

6 runs on Bahamut no drop so far.

Got Bahamut first try, so considering I also got Rikken thus had been a pretty lucky day for me. I killed Bahamut last if it matters.

What's this reroll that everyone is talking about, are you're starting units chosen at random for you or something? I never really checked, TBH, since I didn't have any complaints about the two I started with (Grace and Kuscah).

jwhit28

Finally had some luck with coin recruiting and got Velraine by Manabu Kusunoki
Velraine.png

Visceir

What's this reroll that everyone is talking about, are you're starting units chosen at random for you or something? I never really checked, TBH, since I didn't have any complaints about the two I started with (Grace and Kuscah).

Grace/Bahl and Kuscah are the standard 2 B rank characters everyone gets, but after you complete the tutorial (chapter 1) you get 5 energy and when you insert the promo code you get another 5 energy. Those 10 energy grant you rolls for 2 new random characters and that's what people are rerolling -- to have those be S/SS rank characters.

Mashing

It warms my heart to know that my last SS pull was Gugba and he's is a god-tier character.

What doesn't is that I left my iPad in my friends truck.

Top Bottom