• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aFIGurANT

Piscotty deserves to be on the roster over Jon Jay. Dude has flat out raked this ST.

I only got to catch the last inning or so but Dan was saying Jay has had a lot of hard hit balls that made outs. Do we really think this is a possibility? I see Piscotty as being the future but Jay could make a good trade chip if his value was able to rebound even a bit.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently the Tigers & Miggy are close on a "huge" extension. I hope it's for a whole lot of years and a stupid amount of money.

rando14

Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick 3m
The deal covers the two years on Miggy's current contract and 8 additional years, source says. #tigers
Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick 4m
Miguel Cabrera's new deal with #tigers will be for 10 years and just under $300M, says a baseball source.

no fucking way...

BFIB

Looks like the deal will piggyback off his current deal, totaling 10 years, at "just under $300 mil"

Trout's pants just bunched up in the back.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
What a terrible deal by the Tigers.

In 5 yrs this deal will make them look foolish at best.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I don't care that he's not played above single A yet. The Twins should go give Mr. Buxton a 15 year, $200 million deal right now.

Give him $40 million a year, Dave. Come on. Really make it rain!

As a Tigers fan, I'm feeling nervous right now. Cabrera has a chance to be worth it, but there's a pretty big chance that will be an albatross in his age 39 and 40 seasons. Still, I'll wait to see what the exact terms are.

rando14

I really wish Pujols would've taken the Marlins' offer a couple years ago without any trade clauses to see how the hell teams would try to unload him.

By planting "evidence" of him buying steroids in Miami, so that he'd get banned by the MLB!!

#yankeesconsipiracy
#arodisinnocent

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
As a Tigers fan, I'm feeling nervous right now. Cabrera has a chance to be worth it, but there's a pretty big chance that will be an albatross in his age 39 and 40 seasons. Still, I'll wait to see what the exact terms are.
If he is productive for another 8 years I'd be totally shocked. I think this will probably be an albatross around his age 33, 34 season. And then there's plenty more years to go. The Tigers best chance for this to work out is if they can void the contract after he injures himself driving drunk again.

BFIB

I just can't get over how anyone that had any decision making from the Tigers side thought this is a good deal.

Unless the owner has completely lost his mind, which is possible.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I just can't get over how anyone that had any decision making from the Tigers side thought this is a good deal.

Unless the owner has completely lost his mind, which is possible.
"Well now that we shipped one all bat, no glove first baseman out because his contract was a disaster let's give our other all bat, no glove first baseman an even bigger contract. What could possibly go wrong?"

aFIGurANT

I picked up some Little Caesars tonight. My dollars are going straight to Miggy.

Goddamnit you stole my joke.

Here's another take: Miggy will never buy Little Caesars again after this; the twist being he's going to become the new owner with all that cash and change the name to Bigg Miggy's. Takeover complete.

Sanjuro

Goddamnit you stole my joke.

Here's another take: Miggy will never buy Little Caesars again after this; the twist being he's going to become the new owner with all that cash and change the name to Bigg Miggy's. Takeover complete.

It's not a joke. This crazy bread is delicious you bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom