• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2017 OT:It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

JambiBum

Like you wonder why judge has so many strike outs and then you look at the type of strikes that get called on him and you don't need to wonder anymore. These low called strikes are at his shins or lower and he takes them like anyone would only for them to be called strikes. So then he has to swing at pitches out of the zone or strike out looking anyway. It'd be like if pitches at Altuves neck were called strikes so he had to start swinging at them.

trembli0s

Like you wonder why judge has so many strike outs and then you look at the type of strikes that get called on him and you don't need to wonder anymore. These low called strikes are at his shins or lower and he takes them like anyone would only for them to be called strikes. So then he has to swing at pitches out of the zone or strike out looking anyway. It'd be like if pitches at Altuves neck were called strikes so he had to start swinging at them.

Altuve hits at neck level a lot, to be frank with you. He's the best pure hitter in the game IMO.

Astros hitting Tanaka just not getting quite enough of the ball so far.

Unless both starters suddenly start losing it, there aren't going to be a lot of runs. Both are hitting their spots on the corners, not much has been left over the plate.

JambiBum

Altuve hits at neck level a lot, to be frank with you. He's the best pure hitter in the game IMO.

Astros hitting Tanaka just not getting quite enough of the ball so far.
There's a difference between swinging at a pitch because you want to and swinging because you are forced to though. Mind you I'm not saying that Altuve isn't great or anything because he definitely is, but it's easier when you aren't forced to chase.

Line_HTX

I'm in Taipei and briefly watched Game 1. I don't really have time for a pitcher's duel, so I'm outside walking around.

Apparently my relative has the means to change the broadcast audio from Chinese to Joe Buck and I was like... Really Dude?

TS-08

All the old schools writers and former players gnashing their teeth about all of the home runs and strikeouts this year are getting their fill this inning.

Top Bottom