• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Pancho

Qurupancho
john tv said:
WTF WTF WTF. Had two ancient shards and a rustshard and the $%&#ing game kicked us all out. Did the server go down or what?

Holy shit, that really sucks man. Server was running fine for me, stopped playing now.

And thanks to everyone who helped me with the Rathians, specially Nayishki.

Duress

This guy comes in and says he needs his urgent quest for Lagi done, I figured I'd help him out. So the two of us and some other guy went on the quest to take him out.

Two of us went to hunt the Lagi while tthe person who wanted the Urgent was still in base camp. 5 minutes pass by and he finally comes to the zone 11, where we were hunting the lagi.

What does he do? He sits above the water in zone 11, watching us. At that point ,I just abandoned the quest and left.

Seriously, some people...

Sorry about the rants -_-

edit: It was the Deserted Island map

selig

Banned
Haha, killed some Barioth ago, and suddenly my wiimote´s batteries are empty XD that was fun.

heading online now.

@Duress: Yeah, such people exist. just ignore

Pancho

Qurupancho
Duress said:
This guy comes in and says he needs his urgent quest for Lagi done, I figured I'd help him out. So the two of us and some other guy went on the quest to take him out.

Two of us went to hunt the Lagi while tthe person who wanted the Urgent was still in base camp. 5 minutes pass by and he finally comes to the zone 11, where we were hunting the lagi.

What does he do? He sits above the water in zone 11, watching us. At that point ,I just abandoned the quest and left.

What a douche, something like that happened to me as well, we ended killing the monster and the dude went to try and carve it and we didn't let him.

Nayishiki

Great hunts everyone. Thanks for the help getting my ruby.

Pancho said:
Holy shit, that really sucks man. Server was running fine for me, stopped playing now.

And thanks to everyone who helped me with the Rathians, specially Nayishki.

No Problem, glad I could help.

Duress

The Azi Dahaka is a great weapon. I just wish when a monster is paralyzed, people wouldn't knock me down or in the air.

dsister44

I am online now! Send me a message in-game or warp to me.
EU - MLHLAL - kozy (dsister44)

Not on the list? Add yourself in this thread.

The official GAF server is: Recruiting / Wisdom 1 / Gate 40

Talwind

Boney said:
You do realize you have to break the lantern right? Or else there's 0% chance of recieving it.

Yes, of course I know you have to break the lantern. I'm stuck with all these regular lanterns I'll never use :lol .

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gonna swim a few laps a while than hop on for some hunting. Anybody looking for an able gunner, I'll be around :D

I've been neglecting offline so I went on and just completed 'The omen'....

Rathalos with annoying interrupting Rathian. Never again. It took 45 minutes!! Not only was Rathalos flying over 50% of the time it just seemed to take longer than it should have. They say online monsters are about 4 times stronger? Sometimes I don't believe it xD

Just got a Wii and this. Quick question about component cables. Should I go for the official Nintendo one or are the unofficial ones ok? The Nintendo cable is pricey.

dsister44

selig said:
Haha, killed some Barioth ago, and suddenly my wiimote´s batteries are empty XD that was fun.

heading online now.

@Duress: Yeah, such people exist. just ignore

my hunter id is MLHLAL, when you get this message, warp to me. whats your hunter id?

SYNTAX182

Baloonatic said:
Just got a Wii and this. Quick question about component cables. Should I go for the official Nintendo one or are the unofficial ones ok? The Nintendo cable is pricey.

Unofficial cables are comparable to the Nintendo cables. Got mine for around $10.00 when I got my Wii and looks way nicer than the AV cables. Got for it!

Apenheul

Baloonatic said:

From what I've read on GAF it doesn't really matter which ones you buy, so the cheaper ones should be fine.

botticus

Planned on making a lot more progress this weekend, but at least I beat Jaggi/Barroth. I will hope to have an opportunity tonight or tomorrow to get online and tackle Barroth there, otherwise I'll probably have a go at the Lagi repel quest.

markatisu

Duress said:

OMG I had an almost identical story this morning. Except the guy did not even come to the area, he just stayed in Camp, took the stuff and then left while me and the other guy I was with fought Lagi

I wonder if its the same guy lol

Finally forged my Rathian and Baggi Armor, next up Rahtalos and Barrioth

Hope to hop on this weekend to get from HR21 to at least HR25 or 30

Played some offline and I dont know how many times I yelled at Cha-Cha, he can be absolutely worthless sometimes

Mafro

markatisu said:
OMG I had an almost identical story this morning. Except the guy did not even come to the area, he just stayed in Camp, took the stuff and then left while me and the other guy I was with fought Lagi

Similar thing happened to me earlier today too. One guy joined then just stayed at camp. Thought he was AFK, but then he started chatting with us :/

ShinNL

EU - HJHKPB - Shin (Soneet)

Teknoman

NA - FLAYTP - Teknoman (Teknoman)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
NA - KX9X89 - Hawkian (Hawkian)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So what exactly decide if the food i get from the cooking cat is good or not? 4 times in a row, i choose 2 fresh ingredients, but i get shitty food instead and lose health & stamina everytime. I'm tired of wasting resources and money and wasting my time leaving & entering the village just so i can get buffs before a quest.

Mafro

EU - B1GT8N - Mafro (Mafro)

Ridley327

Bisnic said:
So what exactly decide if the food i get from the cooking cat is good or not? 4 times in a row, i choose 2 fresh ingredients, but i get shitty food instead and lose health & stamina everytime. I'm tired of wasting resources and money and wasting my time leaving & entering the village just so i can get buffs before a quest.

Here's a list detailing the possible combinations for food. It's not always worth it to pick fresh ingredients all the time, as you found out.

Boney

Banned
Bisnic said:
Go with meat and drink (Health and Attack up S), or meat and diary products (Health and Def up M).

markatisu said:

Finally forged my Rathian and Baggi Armor, next up Rahtalos and Barrioth

Hope to hop on this weekend to get from HR21 to at least HR25 or 30

Played some offline and I dont know how many times I yelled at Cha-Cha, he can be absolutely worthless sometimes
Anytime this happens to me I'm OUT, haha. Not fond of wasting my time helping out someone who goes off to mine or chat with his friends while everyone else fights. It's annoying but it feels good knowing he'll have to go somewhere else to try and freeload :D

Leezard

EU - P1PYHB - Bosch (Leezard)

selig

Banned
Btw. I´d LOVE a MH-movie, animated like those gorgeous cutscenes you unlock. Anyone know why there hasnt been at least a MH-anime, yet? Considering the franchises popularity in Japan...

tenchir

selig said:
Btw. I´d LOVE a MH-movie, animated like those gorgeous cutscenes you unlock. Anyone know why there hasnt been at least a MH-anime, yet? Considering the franchises popularity in Japan...

There was a Monster Hunter manga, but that didn't do that well. I think it ended pretty abruptly with some plots left opened.

dsister44

selig said:

because there's no story? no real characters?

Teknoman

Bisnic said:

Well usually if it sounds like it would be good irl, it usually tastes good in game.

robox

ceadeus fight is the biggest bullshit ever.
fucking hate underwater fighting
everything is so slow.
burning all my resources trying to pass that stupid quest. i don't care.

markatisu

OK am in City 5 if anyone wants to play

NA - TYDHLQ - ISUMark (Markatisu)

markatisu said:
OK am in City 5 if anyone wants to play

NA - TYDHLQ - ISUMark (Markatisu)

Come oooon gaffers <.< we need 1 more person

markatisu

Man I must smell or something, I had 3 different people join my room then bail before I even got up the steps to start the quest

I apologize to Mars, I did not think we were ever going to get a group going :lol

Hiltz

Oh, I hate Diablos.

Had the bastard running back to its lair where it slept three times but I only had 2 minutes on the clock left with 1 regular potion left and desperately low on health. In addition, fainted twice already and had run out of sonic bombs with 10 minutes left on the clock at the time. I didn't want to risk losing the subquest completion so I had to end it.

There's nothing quite as bad as having to make the tough choice of ending a quest when you know you're so close to victory. Really could use a good water/ice-based weapon right about now.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Hiltz said:
Oh, I hate Diablos.

Had the bastard running back to its lair where it slept three times but I only had 2 minutes on the clock left with 1 regular potion left and desperately low on health. In addition, fainted twice already and had run out of sonic bombs with 10 minutes left on the clock at the time. I didn't want to risk losing the subquest completion so I had to end it.

There's nothing quite as bad as having to make the tough choice of ending a quest when you know you're so close to victory. Really could use a good water/ice-based weapon right about now.

I made a Icicle Spike+ just for Diablos. It's a pretty good weapon with its ice element and the fast attacks + blocking was helpful for me. And if you have the Lagiacrus armor set, the Ice damage is even greater.

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3:_Sword_And_Shield

You need mats from Barioth though, so hopefully you don't have as much problems against him.(Made the Djinn SnS weapon for this one. :lol )

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Hiltz said:
Oh, I hate Diablos.

I was in a similar situation. low health, no pots and only a trap left... and baaam, captured :p (It was the kill quest).

markatisu said:
Man I must smell or something, I had 3 different people join my room then bail before I even got up the steps to start the quest

I apologize to Mars, I did not think we were ever going to get a group going :lol
I would have stayed with you guys longer ;_;

Top Bottom