• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

r - b - x said:
PROTIP: you can carve gobul while it's hiding underground. that's how i got my surplus spikes. the carve point looks like regular ol' airweed gathering points. once you carve it out though, gobul pops out.
Yeah I knew you could carve it cause I saw it on the Wiki. Didn't know you could get anything useful though. :lol

Leezard

Mafro said:
Any tips on defeating Rathian in the Dragon Lady offline quest?
Well, get as much fire resistance as possible. You should have some rath mats from when we killed her online, right? There should be other armor with fire res as well, but I consider that the most important attribute against her, since the fireball won't devastate you. A lightning weapon should work fine against her.

Oh, and, bring antidotes.

Victrix

*beard*
Quick word of advice to any newbies: The 'Jump Four Jaggi' event quest online will reward you with Jaggi Heads that you can ONLY get from this online event mission. 3 will make you a Jaggi Mask that gives you good luck, but be sure to get 5 more on top of that to upgrade it to a high rank armor piece later.

A Jaggi Mask with (eventually), Baggi armor gives you good luck and capture expert, two skills that will greatly, greatly cut down on the number of monsters you need to farm to make armor and weapons.

Be sure to get your butt online and grab 8 Heads as quickly as possible, that mask will save you a lot of time down the road.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
thanks to Lance for baby sitting for a few 4 Jaggi quests :)

botticus

:/ Does anyone have any interest in grinding Qurupeco? I could have sworn I had a Flintstone sitting in my inventory previously before earning one last night, but I was wrong. And the Qurupeco Chopper needs 3 anyway. So yay. Was hoping to have that for Lagi, but might just try the repel without it and hope for the best.

schuelma

botticus said:
:/ Does anyone have any interest in grinding Qurupeco? I could have sworn I had a Flintstone sitting in my inventory previously before earning one last night, but I was wrong. And the Qurupeco Chopper needs 3 anyway. So yay. Was hoping to have that for Lagi, but might just try the repel without it and hope for the best.

I should be on in 15-20 minutes.

botticus

schuelma said:
I should be on in 15-20 minutes.
If you'll be around in a little while, it might be more convenient if we hold off till I get some dinner (should be back by 5:30 EST) to avoid interruptions.

schuelma

botticus said:
If you'll be around in a little while, it might be more convenient if we hold off till I get some dinner (should be back by 5:30 EST) to avoid interruptions.

I should be on and off until 7 when the LOST extravaganza begins.

botticus

schuelma said:
I should be on and off until 7 when the LOST extravaganza begins.
Excellent, I will post when I'm in. And ha, there's a nice Flintstone from the offline capture quest without even breaking his flints. So we might not need to deal with him very long online. Only did that quest to get the last few bucks to finish my Barroth armor.

botticus

I am online now! Send me a message in-game or warp to me.
NA - Q7TGUV - Botticus (botticus)

Not on the list? Add yourself in this thread.

The official GAF server is: Recruiting / Wisdom 1 / Gate 40

Going after some Flintstones from Qurupeco first, after that anything 1-2* (HR13)

schuelma

botticus said:
NA - Q7TGUV - Botticus (botticus)

Going after some Flintstones from Qurupeco first, after that anything 1-2* (HR13)

Shit...I literally just left. Have to eat dinner. I'll try and make it back on.

Owzers

PounchEnvy said:
Anyone up for some Event Quests? Particularly against Phantom Uragaan? I'm in City3. Same ol' GAF server and gate.

I'll be on soon and i want to kill some baby urugaan, he's sooooooooo cute i want him as a pet.

Mafro

Leezard said:
Well, get as much fire resistance as possible. You should have some rath mats from when we killed her online, right? There should be other armor with fire res as well, but I consider that the most important attribute against her, since the fireball won't devastate you. A lightning weapon should work fine against her.

Oh, and, bring antidotes.
I'm currently using a full set of Rhenoplos armour for the fire resistance. Tried out a variety of weapons while fighting it and seem to be getting on well with the long sword.

markatisu

Nice, the 4 Jaggi Event is back so I can get my final heads!!

I am not into Lost at all so I should be on tonight if anyone wants to play

shahkur

slaughterking said:
I'm sorry, MURO, but I really didn't want to fight insects after I did so many low rank quests already (a goddamn Jaggi hunt even!). :p

Hey, it doesn't matter, you and Irim helped me with the Gobul anway, so much appreciated. We'll hunt together again sometime.

markatisu

NA - TYDHLQ - ISUMark (Markatisu)

Haunted

So glad I hopped on for some more hunts. Small Uragaan is super cool. I want this done with more monsters! :D

markatisu said:
Nice, the 4 Jaggi Event is back so I can get my final heads!!
Just upgraded my mask to lvl9. Quite the improvement from its pitiful defense stat, to a... slightly less pitiful 22 now. >_<

ivysaur12

Banned
Just opened up the Guild part of the singleplayer. Some questions:

1) My pouch is full. How do I know what kinds of items should be saved and what I should sell?
2) Right now, should I be buying items, or forging/upgrading them?
3) It says I have another weapon besides the one I have equipped, but I can't for the life of me figure out how I equipped it.
4) When should I start going online?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
ivysaur12 said:
Just opened up the Guild part of the singleplayer. Some questions:

1) My pouch is full. How do I know what kinds of items should be saved and what I should sell?
2) Right now, should I be buying items, or forging/upgrading them?
3) It says I have another weapon besides the one I have equipped, but I can't for the life of me figure out how I equipped it.
4) When should I start going online?
1 & 2: Go into your hut, and use the chest. You can store whatever excess you have in there, and you'll also be able to access your equipment inventory.
2: Upgrading weapons, forging armour.
4: Don't take too long to get on. I completed the singleplayer before going online, and now it feels like I'm back to square one. :lol (progress in one doesn't go to the other, so I'm fighting lowbie Monsters. :\)

ivysaur12

Banned
Lyphen said:
1 & 2: Go into your hut, and use the chest. You can store whatever excess you have in there, and you'll also be able to access your equipment inventory.
2: Upgrading weapons, forging armour.
4: Don't take too long to get on. I completed the singleplayer before going online, and now it feels like I'm back to square one. :lol (progress in one doesn't go to the other, so I'm fighting lowbie Monsters. :\)

In that case, time to go online! :lol

Is there a GAF server?

botticus

Hawkian said:
Wisdom 1/City Gate 40
is seriously dead tonight.

I only needed to fight Quru once online to get my last flintstone, but then we ended up doing a combo of him or 4 Jaggi for a couple hours. A lesson in the dangers of naming a monster in a Recruitment city. :lol

We did attempt a Rathian once, but I doomed that one to failure when we were a few minutes away from killing him.

At least I now have my gear set for Lagi tomorrow, I'm not optimistic.

botticus

ivysaur12 said:
How is most of the rando crowd? The GAF server appears dead :lol
I've had really good experiences, so far. I've probably only played with a handful of GAF people, but I've got two pages of friends that I've accumulated based on people that actually communicate and play competently.

Once in a while you'll get the moron who wants help with a quest and doesn't actually help himself, or people who haven't quite gotten a handle on things, but the latter I don't worry about since that is probably me to more advanced people.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The sparsity of the server suggests a high overlap between MHGAF and LOSTGAF. Alas, I've never seen an episode and I'll be going on as soon as I finish this dinner. I'm looking for one other hunter to do the Hunt 4 Great Jaggi quest a bunch of times, to much riches and splendor.

markatisu

Hawkian said:
The sparsity of the server suggests a high overlap between MHGAF and LOSTGAF. Alas, I've never seen an episode and I'll be going on as soon as I finish this dinner. I'm looking for one other hunter to do the Hunt 4 Great Jaggi quest a bunch of times, to much riches and splendor.

Message me and I will do it, need 5 myself

Top Bottom