• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Raide

Outtrigger888 said:
Thinking of picking this up, is the classic controller the best control option?

Start with normal remote, see how much you get into it and then see if you want to pick up the CCPro. The reason I got one was because the Camera control on the Wii Remote was just really annoying for me. As soon as I swapped to CCPro, it was much better.

Only get CCPro if you can see yourself continuing to play after using the Wii Remote.

upandaway

Posting on MH threads when I can't sleep, wonderful friday evening

Boney said:
huh? why are you singling out GS?
I tried every idea possible and could never draw into a charge with the Wiimote.

If you know how, please tell me, because it's been driving me crazy. I just can't use the GS without that.

Raide said:
Start with normal remote, see how much you get into it and then see if you want to pick up the CCPro. The reason I got one was because the Camera control on the Wii Remote was just really annoying for me. As soon as I swapped to CCPro, it was much better.

Only get CCPro if you can see yourself continuing to play after using the Wii Remote.

Well the store by me has a copy with the CCpro and one without it for 10$ cheaper. Might as well spend the extra 10$. And is the online community still active. And can you find people to play with without friend codes? Or is that the only way to play with others?

Boney

Banned
upandaway said:
Posting on MH threads when I can't sleep, wonderful friday evening

I tried every idea possible and could never draw into a charge with the Wiimote.

If you know how, please tell me, because it's been driving me crazy. I just can't use the GS without that.
oh, I've never actually used the Wiimote for playing, so I wouldn't know. Was just curious.

Too bad, cause GS is the most fun weapon by far!

upandaway

Boney said:
Too bad, cause GS is the most fun weapon by far!
GS is fun as hell when I play it on FU. I'm considering adapting to CC (just when using the GS) to play with the GS too, but man, MAN, MAN, I have too many weapons already! I don't have enough lifetimes to get all the parts!

But um, most fun by far.. dunno man. Lance is pretty fun. Plus different monsters are more fun with different weapons (hammer in Double Trouble = omg sex).

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
upandaway said:
Raise it like wiiboner and hold A. I only use GS and it's intuitive and fun with the mote.

upandaway said:
Edit: just so we're clear, I mean unsheathe into charge, not simply charge when it's unsheathed
Yes. I just tried it in Moga Forest to make sure. With a sheathed weapon pressing and holding A without a wiiboner does nothing, doing it with a wiiboner goes into a charge.

Outtrigger888 said:
I moved from PSP to Wii and while at first I went with the CC for PSP style controls (+ the right stick for camera) as soon as I tried remote + nunchuck I stuck with it, since it's at least as intuitive with the subtle yet accurate motions (you attack with A, and sometimes with - but do different moves if you have the remote twisted left, right or up depending on the weapon, and some of the moves, like the slash + side dodge of the longsword, are much more natural like this) and I personally find it much more comfortable.

And yeah, in Europe there are often like 2000 players online across low and high ranks, you won't have trouble finding people to play with. I imagine there are more in the US (the servers are region locked). Get the CC anyway though, for games like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Muramasa: The Demon Blade and the like, which feel better with it.

upandaway

Alextended said:
Raise it like wiiboner and hold A. I only use GS and it's intuitive and fun with the mote.
First thing I did, but if you claim so, I'll try again tomorrow.

Edit: just so we're clear, I mean unsheathe into charge, not simply charge when it's unsheathed

Wazzim

Banned
Ken said:
Hope it's not too off-topic but this looks really good. Wish there was a figure of Lagiacrus though.

FIG-IPN-1837.jpg
Where and how much?

Haunted

Outtrigger888 said:
Yes, CC is the most comfortable solution by a mile.

Outtrigger888 said:
Well the store by me has a copy with the CCpro and one without it for 10$ cheaper. Might as well spend the extra 10$. And is the online community still active. And can you find people to play with without friend codes? Or is that the only way to play with others?
That's a steal, go for it.

Online community is still active, even though I don't know how many lower ranked players there are. And you don't need friend codes at all, just hop on a populated server and play. :)

Raide

Outtrigger888 said:

If you can get it cheap, might as well get it! I would suggest you do the Singleplayer stuff first before you jump online. Pretty easy to find people online, just go to open cities, look for number of players and you can join rooms with less than 4 people in.

Boney

Banned
upandaway said:
GS is fun as hell when I play it on FU. I'm considering adapting to CC (just when using the GS) to play with the GS too, but man, MAN, MAN, I have too many weapons already! I don't have enough lifetimes to get all the parts!

But um, most fun by far.. dunno man. Lance is pretty fun. Plus different monsters are more fun with different weapons (hammer in Double Trouble = omg sex).
Meh I think lances are pretty lame, they're just so damn overpowered with the counter and everything. I use them for some arena runs, and that'd be it.

Use all the other weapons except for SA, and uh I guess I'm an ok gunner.. at best

Nicktals

Banned
DragonGirl said:
I'll be on tomorrow same time, 1 to 3 central. I hang around the recruiting servers, just look for Khory.

Will you be on Sunday as well? I've gotta work tomorrow, but I'd be up for getting on Sunday whenever.

Upandaway: i just saw you buddy online. I got DCed tho. I'm actually taking a break and making me some crepes (yes motherfuckers, that's right, effin CREPES). I'll be back on in 30min.

Edit: YES THANK YOU BASED GOD YEESHEHSAHHHHAAAAA!!!!!

upandaway

Fistwell said:
Upandaway: i just saw you buddy online. I got DCed tho. I'm actually taking a break and making me some crepes (yes motherfuckers, that's right, effin CREPES). I'll be back on in 30min.

Edit: YES THANK YOU BASED GOD YEESHEHSAHHHHAAAAA!!!!!
Congrats man. Online just didn't like me today and didn't let me connect ONCE.

Raide

Yay HR 9 :D

I think they should have planned out the Online Quests a little better. It was annoying to finish them all and have to grind a few of them just to get the Urgent quest. Now I have to grind them more so I can get the next rank of Quests. :(

Nicktals

Banned
Had a great 4 hours or so hunting today with znarf khory and jason...It's been a long time since we've had a full GAF room hunting session. So much fun! Hope we can do it again soon!

Boney

Banned
Nicktals said:
Had a great 4 hours or so hunting today with znarf khory and jason...It's been a long time since we've had a full GAF room hunting session. So much fun! Hope we can do it again soon!
unfaaaair

Boney said:
what the crap that was totally sweet! hahaha

that's it, gonna go get a hdd this weeked and drag my wii from storage

Aww, I should have moved up a few more steps. I was standing on the stairs clapping but I'm cut off by the chat log. Oh well. At least he didn't record us getting creamed by Alatreon. ;P

DragonGirl said:
Oh well. At least he didn't record us getting creamed by Alatreon. ;P

OH I DID!

It's going to take a while to upload all the videos.

Boney said:
what the crap that was totally sweet! hahaha

that's it, gonna go get a hdd this weeked and drag my wii from storage

Where's our kiss?

Hiltz

Fistwell said:
Anything special about the ala in event Q as opposed to regular old boring ala from 5* urgent?

Yes, there are some differences:

- Alatreon in this event quest is bigger, stronger, and has more health.

- You have a high chance to obtain the skypiercer item without having to break Alatreon's horns.

-You must be at least HR 51 to do the quest.

- You won't be able to get any timeworm charms, ancient shards, or hard and heavy armor spheres.

Here are the videos for the MHGAF Fishing Crew:

A bunch of old MH-GAFfers fooling around after months of not playing the game.

Starring: Nick (Nicktals), Khory (DragonGirl), Jason (Chopper Dave)
The lousy camera man: Znarf (me)

Joe Cano

Flooded Forest FFA getting pwned by Luddy

Revisiting 'Nox

Double Blos Healing Frenzy

Alatreon Event: The Suckage Pt I or also known as Znarf Died x2 OMGLOL FML

Alatreon Event: The Revenge Pt II-a & Pt II-b

All vids were taken with just a video camera since my capture card wasn't available. Apologies for the bad quality.

Poyunch

Are you guys going to do this again? If most of you guys are I might pop in and laugh at how terrible I've gotten.
Yes, yes, Boney, I was always lousy. :p

PounchEnvy said:
Are you guys going to do this again? If most of you guys are I might pop in and laugh at how terrible I've gotten.
Yes, yes, Boney, I was always lousy. :p

We are planning on doing this again while having a conference on skype for that extra voice chat lulz. Not sure when everyone will be available though.

Alien Manobo said:
All vids were taken with just a video camera since my capture card wasn't available. Apologies for the bad quality.
Thanks for sharing! The image quality was more than adequate. The hunting quality on the other hand...
I kid, I kid
Wish I could've joined you guys. The room was full when I logged on yesterday.

PS: After the initial button press, you can hold down the button to speed up combines if you're making multiple items. Instead of pressing A for each item.

Little Green Yoda said:
The hunting quality on the other hand...
I kid, I kid
Wish I could've joined you guys. The room was full when I logged on yesterday.

PS: After the initial button press, you can hold down the button to speed up combines if you're making multiple items. Instead of pressing A for each item.

I know, the hunting part was Terribad! Same thing happened when I logged on, pm'd Nick and GAF hunters warped to my city. Had a blast playing with everyone, makes me wish other oldies returned to the party.

PS: OMG didn't know that! Hahaha thanks, been playing the game all wrong :p

Philooch said:
awwwwww i miss playing with you guys :( maybe i should hook my wii up again :eek:

Sup, Philthy!

Nicktals

Banned
Alien Manobo said:
Here are the videos for the MHGAF Fishing Crew:

A bunch of old MH-GAFfers fooling around after months of not playing the game.

Starring: Nick (Nicktals), Khory (DragonGirl), Jason (Chopper Dave)
The lousy camera man: Znarf (me)

Double Blos Healing Frenzy

Thanks for putting these up...on this one, I didn't draw my weapon until about about 4 minutes left in the fight.

There's a great moment starting a little before 8 minutes where jason was in a ton of trouble and i just sat there and healed constantly for about 25 seconds. He made it though!

Looking forward to hunting again soon!

Poyunch

Alien Manobo said:
We are planning on doing this again while having a conference on skype for that extra voice chat lulz. Not sure when everyone will be available though.
Woah nice. I need to check out what my skype name is again. :p I'll be there!

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I've been playing again recently, Alatreon down for the 1rst time, a few weapon upgrades done, reached HR53, got some event quest weapons, and discovered that I had been needlessly limiting my weapon selection to having two gem slots or more when I had apparently forgotten to fill one of my armor gem slots so I could have been using single gem slot weapons to employ their elements without losing any of my activated skills, yay. Now to grind for decent armor and weapons. Fun fun fun, show us MH4 already Capcom!

Top Bottom